ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#990565 - 09/02/08 11:26 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: Joe Mc]
Joe Mc Offline

Time to resurrect my annual post on the trash and conduct of the shore fisherman on the West Haven side of the West River. The trash situation this year is deplorable. Yesterday I returned at low tide from a day on the water with my family. It is essential to remain in the channel at this tide. The shore fisherman insist on casting and fishing in the channel and berate, complete with obscenities, passing boaters. This in fact happened when I passed through there yesterday. I considered returning via land to 'confer' with these folks but thought better of it because I have everything to lose and they nothing. However if I am assaulted, i.e. by the casting or throwing sinkers or other objects, which has occured although not to me, I will take the necessary measures to ensure the safety of all aboard.
This situation has the potential to become very volatile and I advocate the closing of the area to shore fisherman primarily because they do not know how to behave or clean up after themselves.
Fishing Info
#990996 - 09/03/08 10:19 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: Joe Mc]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Wow! There's not a single shore fisherman in the free world that knows how to behave or clean up after themselves. The shoreline must have been crowded. Perhaps you should have notified the authorities about the individuals that you had the problems with insted of advocating closing the area to all shore fishermen.

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#991002 - 09/03/08 10:38 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: macattack678]
O-BASS Offline

please call the cops, but dont expect an improvement overnight (or ever). the scum you're dealing with are about as low I.Q. as they come.
#991004 - 09/03/08 10:47 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: macattack678]
Joe Mc Offline

Originally Posted By: macattack678
Wow! There's not a single shore fisherman in the free world that knows how to behave or clean up after themselves.

This is true in West Haven. They are pigs.

"Perhaps you should have notified the authorities about the individuals that you had the problems with insted of advocating closing the area to all shore fishermen."

Perhaps you should read the entire thread and look at the pictures and you will see that this is an ongoing problem. The authorities have been notified on several occasions to no avail. The CT DEP I'm sure is aware of it. This is their site is it not?
And yes I do advocate closing this area to all shore fisherman. The few will have to suffer for the many.
Also perhaps you should visit the area on a weekend to give yourself a better perspective so that you may comment in a knowledgeable manner seeing as how you are an advocate for shore fishermen.
#991005 - 09/03/08 10:50 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: macattack678]
Kierran Offline

The Connecticut Yankee

Loc: Milford,CT
Perhaps you should have notified the authorities about the individuals that you had the problems with insted of advocating closing the area to all shore fishermen.

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner. Thanks.
#991294 - 09/03/08 10:43 PM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: Kierran]
macattack678 Offline

USN (Ret)

Loc: North Stonington
Thanks Kierran. I've always had the opinion that you should try to fix the problem rather than trying to punish everyone.

Edited by macattack678 (09/03/08 10:44 PM)

"Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions."

"Great fishermen are not born that way.....They become so through a lifetime of neglecting other things in their lives."

"Don't try to explain it. Just nod your head. Breathe in. Breathe out. Move on.

#991350 - 09/03/08 11:54 PM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: macattack678]
Joe Mc Offline

I've always had the opinion that you should try to fix the problem rather than trying to punish everyone.
Yup I'm going to fix the problem. I will lobby for banning shore fishermen on the west bank of the West River because they are pigs who do not know how to behave themselves.
You obviously do not read the posts thoroughly because you are taking issue with me as if I were advocating banning all shore fishermen which is not the case. READ THE POSTS MAC!
#993281 - 09/09/08 10:50 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: Joe Mc]
Joe Mc Offline

Well the idiots/pigs are still there. One of them casted his line right in to the outrigger of a sportfisher and was spooled. He was also pulled to his knees on the rocks because he was trying to reel the sportfisher in. That about sums up the intelligence quotient of West River shore fishermen. Still nothing being done there and the trash is piling up even with the high tides of last week pulling some of it off the shore. Also the hookers from the Super 8 ply their trade under that bridge and dispose of the condoms in to the water. All the more reason to shut that area down.
#1003479 - 10/09/08 11:16 AM Re: Kimberly Avenue Bridge trash [Re: Joe Mc]
Joe Mc Offline

Well another season is nearing an end and still no action has been taken concerning the inconsiderates who fish from our shores, in this case the West River. The area is littered with huge amounts of styrofoam, plastic bags, plastic bottles, McDonalds wrappers,condoms (yuk!)and myriad other forms of waste. Anyone know if this occurs in other areas?
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Bill G, Editors, FindBass 

Active Topics