ctfisherman.com logo
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#418662 - 01/16/05 07:10 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
holymackeral Offline

i still consider myself to be a rooky fisherman. i only got involved in fishing heavily within the last few years, coincidentily, since i got married! well, it all began with the west haven piers. i discovered bluefish! i quickly became addicted! i was out on the piers at least 3 or 4 times a week fishing with what became my favorite bait, mackeral. i find that bunker, unless fresh, comes off your hook too easily, whereas mackeral's skin keeps it on a little longer. on one of my many nights out on the piers, i met a fellow named craig. he told me about the sight, and i checked it out. first, i trieds to think of a name that had something to do with Ugly Stick, since that is the make of most of my fishing poles, but i couldn't think of anythink i liked, so instead, i thought of holymackeral, since it is my bait of choice for bluefish, where it all started for me.

its a good thing i'm not doing this for survival, because i would starve to death!!
Fishing Info
#418663 - 01/16/05 07:46 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
bunkerrman Offline

Loc: Waterbury
My last name being Bunker, I stopped at Skippers in Bristol when I lived there and saw "Bunkerman" ball caps for sale. I bought a few and told them my name was Bunker and it stuck. Tried to get that screen name on AOL and it wouldn't go. had to add the extra R and I still have the black ball cap which I try to wear when salt water fishing. I also got lucky enough to get another decent screen name on my girl friend's AOL being CTfishingguy. Wayne

I fish fresh and salt as well as crab.Streams,rivers,ponds,lakes,bays,oceans.I buy a license so I can keep when I am going to eat it and throw back when I am not.
#418664 - 01/16/05 09:38 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
Technically, my favorite screename no longer applies. Dont tell anyone...
Maybe someday i'll change it to Trooper Bri. Although, that screename no longer applies either. \:D

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#418665 - 01/16/05 10:37 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
MarkTheShark Offline

humm.. because is rhymes :p

Interested in carp fishing?
Visit us at CarpAmerica.com
#418666 - 01/16/05 10:52 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
SJ Striper Offline

Loc: Madison, CT
SJ = Initials
STRIPER = At the time, I exclusively fished for Striped Bass.

SJ.
#418667 - 01/16/05 11:13 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
Posted by GMPartsguy
 Quote:
Maybe someday i'll change it to Trooper Bri.
A trooper from Bridgeport? We're both Bridgeporters from the Park City ;\) Nice bro

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#418668 - 01/16/05 11:19 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Ice Nut 12 Offline

I was basically born to fish, thats why im bornfisherman and 12 is my fav number.

! ZERO LIMIT ! - CATCH & RELEASE

A River Runs Through It: "Eventually all things merge into one and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs."
#418669 - 01/16/05 11:44 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
jimmy Offline

First name accounts are cool, first come, first served \:\)

I bet a lot of the orignal first names, like Tom,Dick, Harry, and Sally, are available now that mitch cleaned out members who didnt post
#418670 - 01/16/05 11:52 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
pandion Offline

Ospreys are fish hunters, and about 25% of the time come home with a meal. I'm a biologist, and their genus is Pandion (that's kind of their last name, like I'm Bergen). So.... I'm here because of Stu Adams. I lost his e-mail address, and figured I could get it here. Meantime, if any of y'all make it down here to south Florida, I'm available (as in retired, and looking for an excuse to fish!). I fish the flats of the Indian River Lagoon, and can be persuaded to trailer my 15' Mitzi (3 persons max) anywhere from Cedar Key to Daytona Beach in search of redfish or snook, my two primary targets. I have all the tackle needed if you come without, including fly (5, 7, 8 and 10 wt). I am flbob1@bellsouth.net. My boat does NOT go into the ocean! Yell if you are interested, and I'm going to look around your site for a place to put my fishing report.

Bob Bergen: "What I teach you is not important; what you learn, is."
#418671 - 01/16/05 11:56 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
mikek06511 Offline

Not sure what your post has to do with this topic but welcome to the site anyway.
You can always post your reports in the out of state forum.
http://www.ctfisherman.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/forum/f/19.html?

And in case you missed the listing of all our forums they are listed here.
http://www.ctfisherman.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics