ctfisherman.com logo
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#418652 - 01/16/05 01:56 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
JP Offline
R.I.P.

Mine too.
JP

Fishing is like chocolate, it's good for the soul.
Fishing Info
#418653 - 01/16/05 02:20 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Firefighter Skippy Offline

Loc: CT
2 days on the job, and the Fire Marshal was introducing me to a group of kids and forgot my name (Sandy), but knew it started with an S. He came out with "Firefighter Skippy". It stuck for awhile as all they guys called me that.

Sandy

#418654 - 01/16/05 02:20 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Huskybass Offline

My two favorite things are Uconn Basketball and bass fishing, thus "Huskybass". My wife still thinks its a silly name, but after 6 years of having it as an email address I have grown to like it alot.

Mike

Huskybass

Got Peacocks?
#418655 - 01/16/05 02:23 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Archetoothis Offline

I used to bowl with a bunch of other goofballs, and each year we would come up with something new for a team name, the last year we were together it was Archetoothis. This came from the fact that at least 3 of us used to like to watch the different nature shows, and one of the guys had just seen one on the giant squid aka Archetoothis. It was long and hard to spell when it was written out on score sheets etc. so it was a bonus pain in the ass for the secretary and the other teams \:D So with the site it seemed to fit.

Tight lines, warm breezes, good friends, plenty of bait. It doesn't get any better.
#418656 - 01/16/05 03:28 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
kynan Offline

Mine is a nickname coined by a boss nearly 20 years ago. Took my real name (Kyle) and blended it with a popular movie at the time (Conan- The Barbarian).

Long story short, I was at a bar with live entertainment when I was 21 or so, and I was er' well, nevermind.... needless to say I looked over at my my boss and he just leaned back and said, "Kyyyyynaaaaannn". It's just kinda stuck since then.
#418657 - 01/16/05 03:48 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Papa Smurf Offline

One of my co-workers once said that I looked like Papa Smurf. I thought it was kinda cool.

Everyone is looking for love.
#418658 - 01/16/05 04:28 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

I signed up for this site in March,2002 while I was blindly looking for some fishing reports online.
Slack tide is always been the absolute WORST time for most people to hookup on a fish, which oddly enough has always seemed to work for me.
It's also the best time to cover water & move about from spot to spot, so when the tide slacks your usually at your busiest trying to find the "spot" where you think the fish will setup on after slack.
"Slacker" was coined by T-man after some well had ball busting & just kinda stuck.
After this past spring's "incident" (LONG STORY, do a search in river reports for a title of "Well, We're ALIVE!!") on T-man's boat, the newest one was "FLOD", short for "Flying Leap Of Death" \:D
My quote (Drag is spent, Rod's broke, life is good.) came from a fishing trip I took my brother (not an avid fisherman) on a few years ago out to Fisher's island for some light tackle casting & T&W for Bass (I wish I knew T-man THEN!!) we were having a GREAT day, casting,trolling, couldn't seem to put a bait in the water without having a fish try to eat it.
About half way through the day, Mike (my bro) hooks up on my casting setup (BRAND new quantum PTI reel & St. Croix setup) a good 35 inch fish & the damn reel seized up half way through the fight!! Well my brother never even caught a keeper much less a fish of this size so I did everything I could to help him get the fish in (chasing the fish down with the boat, handlining, etc.) we get the fish to the boat, line all over the place, no net, I got to lip the fish & the thing just dives for the bottom trying to take all the line rat nest with it which had since wrapped around the rod it was on. SSNNNAAAPP!!! There goes the ROD!!! Top it off the line had busted right where the line broke!! My bro is in histerecs because he somehow thinks it was his fault that the equipment failed & the fish is gone......the remainder if the rats nest that was on the boat was now locked into the CLEAT! Fish on...the boat...err...sorta!! Mike Hand lined that fish in for a second time & I cradled that baby into the boat.....YES!!! That was an expensive trip, but well worth it!!
#418659 - 01/16/05 05:56 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
All Star Offline

I use mainly All Star rods, and always wear my All Star hat on when fishing.

Set the hook and cross their eyes!
#418660 - 01/16/05 06:06 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
BOB 06239 Offline

Loc: Danielson,Ct.
Well being the great thinker i am(lol)...My name is Robert(BOB)...and i live in Danielson(Zip-06239).....together we got BOB 06239....WOW....the mind is a terrific thing to not use....LOL....that's my story and im sticking to it!!!!

Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time....
#418661 - 01/16/05 07:05 PM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Drewfus Offline

My nickname for Drew. I now spell it DRUFUS. This name orginated in around 3rd grade, but it didn;t really catch on until high school and college.
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics