ctfisherman.com logo
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#418632 - 01/16/05 01:03 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Greg S. Offline

Quote:
I pulled along side of them to introduce myself.

I said, "Hi I'm Tall 1" and Pat looks at me and says "NO $HIT!!!!!"
Too funny! \:D

God is great...Beer is good...Women are CRAZY!!
Fishing Info
#418633 - 01/16/05 01:46 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Stormshadow Offline

Loc: Northford
Image comics was rel-launching the GIJOE scene when i first joined this site. I really liked the artwork and was a fan from since I was a kid. Also found that the name was rarely taken on email sites, etc. I was also a martial artist for 7 years before my 3rd year of college--couldn't do it all. That, and it's just an awesome avatar. \:\)
#418634 - 01/16/05 01:55 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Michael-SW CT Offline

Loc: Bridgeport
By most people I like to be called Michael instead of Mike (Michael) and I live in south western (SW) Connecticut (CT).

But I do know I can have so many other names on here.

Bluefish Buster- I'm CRAZY for blues.
TadPole- Have always had luck and enjoy using the Rebel TadFry
Michaelqurque- I was always dreaming about and always seeing the city Albequerque on TV (Cops, commercials, Weather Channel) for a while
Crappie Crusher- Caught some crappie while ice fishing with Harvey at Highland and a crappie being my first fish through the ice

And there's many more

If bluefish were to grow as big as giant bluefins, then there would be nothing left out there except for blues!

I LOVE MY BLUES!
#418635 - 01/16/05 02:00 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
Just plain old Mike G. here.

I am not over creative..................
#418636 - 01/16/05 02:07 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
MermaidCT Offline

Loc: SE CT Shoreline
From CT and just really love the water.... \:\)

"The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever." Jacques Yves Cousteau

#418637 - 01/16/05 02:17 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Reno Offline

What a long strange trip...

Loc: Shakedown Street
When I was about 19, I was leaving one job to start another. We all went out on my last night to celebrate. We got pretty drunk. One guy I was with John decided we needed pick up names for the girls. He gave himself the name Johnny Vegas and he decided to give me the name Scotty-Reno. My name is Scott. Since that day some people still call me Scotty-Reno or just Reno. It's been almost 20 years. So I figured Reno would be appropiate. The name worked and I had a GREAT night. That's again John wherever you are.

Tight Lines:
Scott

Harbinger of impending piscatorial doom
---------------------------------------------
WHEN THE FLOAT DROPS THE BULL SH*T STOPS!!!!
---------------------------------------------
"The charm of fishing is that it is the
pursuit of what is elusive but attainable,
a perpetual series of occasions for hope."

-- John Buchan
-----------------------------------------------

#418638 - 01/16/05 03:49 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
fishbag61 Offline

Years ago, when I got my first e-mail address, I wanted something that would reflect my new found trout angling pastime. I used to keep most of my fish back then before I discovered C&R, so I just had to have an e-mail address with the word "creel" in it, something to the effect of craigwithcreel, thecreel1 or just creel@hotmail. To my chagrin however, many people were already using "creel" in some form or another with their Hotmail address. I then tried to make it "Fishbag",( just another way of saying creel) but someone had that also,.... so.... I added the year of my birth and.... voila!...... It's Fishbag61.... Fast forward to.....This past year, when I stumbled onto the site and realized I needed a screen name to be a member.....I did a lot of brainstorming....hhhmmmm...fishing site...screen name....It wasn't exactly a stroke of genius! It was one of those rare little moments in life where things just seem to fit \:D .....Fishbag61 is STILL my Hotmail address. Of course CTF members just call me Fishbag ;\)

religious freedom is the right of each individual to attend the church of his choice, or go fishing
#418639 - 01/16/05 03:50 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
FLAG-UP Offline

Its just something I really like to hear in the winter-----FLAG-UP!!!
#418640 - 01/16/05 04:00 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Capt. Alewife Offline

Loc: "fiddle ridge"
Theres actually a story behind my name..

for years.. my nickname deemed to me by my fishing partners was "captain Alewive"

I wont' go into detail , but I earned the name quite well. I was on alewife duty full time ;\) .
those were good times.. when things were differnt.I had a magic touch, still do..

but when i joined the site 3 years ago. It seemed appropriate. \:D

the name has stuck. while i dont' always enjoy being called "alewife" . I still get a kick out if. alot of my fishin buds now call me capt, or alewife.

some times i like just mike.

gotta love fishin and friends..
this site combines the two very well..

fishing is like life.. you learn as you go.and I can't stop learning

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot.- Steven Wright

" they've hit that before, they'll hit it again!! leave it out there TILL they hit it!~"
#418641 - 01/16/05 07:29 AM Re: How did you pick your screen name?
Fish Scorpio Offline

MIKE I retired in 97 People asked me what was i going to do when retired I said FISH.Im a scorpio so I picked FISH SCORPIO.

"I Don't Own the Water I share it" As long as I have my
plastic Guess riding on the dash board of my RIDE.

Fishin'Factory III
Middletown, CT
860-344-9139
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics