ctfisherman.com logo
Page 102 of 177 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397912 - 10/15/04 07:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Hey, KC, any good E-Bay bids on Kapt.'s camera, yet? :p

You're right, carbs are'nt the devil; you are! :p

KevinB. I'm an Atkins Mesomorph; carbs are not my friend! But, to each, their own. With my screwed up endo-system, I've got to watch my intake.

Slacker; Thunderbird gives me the "wind", something fierce! I was kind of hoping someone would recommend "Chateau Laffite '76", but you folks really are Neolithic Barbarians, are'nt you? \:D

Oh, and KC, I'd really resent that idiot comment if I even had a clue what you were talking about! ;\)

And the 10-guage sledgehammer you were referring to, was known as the "Ithaca Roadblocker".

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Fishing Info
#397913 - 10/15/04 07:36 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
fishbag61 Offline

I'm not going to jump into the political fray....But if your talking about pouring fine libation..... Night Train Expess and Wild Irish Rose....
will definitely cure yer "political frustrations" and appease the "pundit gods"( or at least render them harmless) \:D

religious freedom is the right of each individual to attend the church of his choice, or go fishing
#397914 - 10/15/04 07:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Fin Guru Offline

Wow, unfortunately, I stumbled onto this thread and I'm amazed how much venom is being spewed by a bunch of normally great guys. Lighten up. It doesnt really matter much whether Kerry or Bush wins, as long as the Republicans continue to carry the house and senate! W in 2004!

"Retire Well Off, Fish Daily"
www.connecticutcapital.com
#397915 - 10/15/04 07:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Fish, I'll add your libations to my list.

Fin, Salient point. Well said. Short and sweet. I concur......mostly!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397916 - 10/15/04 08:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
arlow Offline

masshole

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
 Quote:

I agree it's a stupid law, but what's dumber than having an unlocked gun in a house full of kids??
What is stupid is usually the parents that have not taught the kids properly, or garnered their kids respect. In addition they don't recognize this and don't take the precautions that are needed. The days of personal responsibity are not what they once were unfortunately and we all are paying the price for others mistakes.

What if you don't have kids? My daughter is 6 mo old and cannot even walk yet. Does that make me ineligable to protect my family?

Of course I think in many cases it is not smart to have guns in the open around kids. It did not use to be a problem though. When people were allowed do disciplin their kids and they listened to their parents, they understood the consequences.

I have guns in the house and because of this she will be educated about them and their consequences. I am most concerned about night time when everyone is sleeping. No real need to have a gun handy all the time, but we live in a cape and there is no exit from the bedrooms upstairs. Essentially if there are intruders in the house I have to go through them to get out. I would like to be able to legally have a weapon handy at night to protect my family. It can be put away and locked the rest of the time, because I am allowed to carry if I want although I do not because I do not feel it is neccesary. When I am sleeping it would be rather uncomfortable to wear it therefore it must be put somewhere and to be legal it must be locked.
Do you understand the problem now?

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#397917 - 10/15/04 11:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

#397918 - 10/16/04 04:56 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

Hey Val Bush did not kill anyone why not look at the people that started all of this in Bin Landen and his group and all terrorist all the world. remember they attacked us first, not the other way around. But listening to some of the liberals on here you would have thought that America was the one that started this.
#397919 - 10/16/04 09:14 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Val is part of the "Hate America First" crowd. No matter what, it's our fault.

If we had only played nice nice, this wouldn't have happened. They believe that Osama and Saddam are just misunderstood men who've endured years of American oppression.

#397920 - 10/16/04 10:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

I want to explain the following in non-partisan language, because I am tired of hearing people complain about Bush not getting bin Laden yet, or that the situation in Iraq has not recovered yet. In this internet, MTV, 9 to 5, driven world that we live in, we are far too sensitive and lax (compared to earlier generations) to mentally prepare for war. I have never used foul language on this site, EVER, but our culture since the 1950s has materialized into a bunch of whiners and pu**ies. As individuals we are blameless, but blame instead lies within the deterioration of society over the past 40 years. We may have woken up to the concept of war on 9/11 but quickly some of us are falling asleep; making it possible for the enemy to strike us again.

People need to realize a few things:

1)Never in the history of the world has there been a conflict in which the sole task was the seizure of ONE person. Let alone at a time when the enemy lacks an ounce of chivalry (even the Japanese were worthy attackers, striking at a military target rather than civilian). This new enemy is shadow-like, and difficult to penetrate.

2) The fact that we have killed or captured more than half of al-Qaeda's known leadership is amazing. Consider the fact that the terrorists were based in a landlocked country tucked between the Middle East and the Hindu Kush mountains, and we have been able to achieve this is really a respectable feat.

3) Our forces are to stay in Iraq, like it or not. Our wedge into Iraq to oust Saddam's Ba'athist forces aided the removal of a terrorist supporter and oppressive regime. Now, the bulk of al-Qaeda are being sucked into Iraq to meet our threat. Instead of training to attack us here with complex weapons such as gases and explosives, they are now training and dying in the streets of Iraq. Anyone can shoot a gun, not many can properly create and deploy chemical weapons without some knowledge. Thus we are removing their veteran elements left over from Afghanistan and other places.

4) Our media is to blame for lack of morale, not the government, not the enemy, and certainly not the American people. If in World War II the media were around in the same caliber as today, we would have withdrawn after Kasserine Pass in 1943. We are quick to waver if there is minimal resistance. The media reporting every individual death is ridiculous. Yes, the media has evolved considerably since Vietnam, and it can still be used to remind us that we are at war. But if it only serves to promote the deaths of American troops, the disasters, the downed choppers etc. then it is counterproductive. Morale on the homefront is paramount.

5) The complete stabilization of country takes years, not months. People who supported the war, and now have changed their opinions shame on you!! Reconstructing a political infrastructure takes a long time, effort and capital in order to ensure success. It is better to take our time and do it right the first time. Rush to soon to under train Iraqi police in order to have a substantial crime prevention force, and we will not succeed. Whining and protesting makes the government nervous in regards to time tables; the more protests; the shorter we train Iraqi forces to substitute ours; the harder it is to fight the enemy.

I am proud to support the President. I am a Republican, but regardless of that, if Kerry were elected, I'd support him in this war as much as I have supported Bush. Some of you such as Alex T. , John from Madison, and Spunfisher already know this, but I am planning on serving in the military as soon as I complete my Masters because I truly believe in what we did in Iraq and Afghanistan is a worthy cause. You will NEVER see me dissent and protest the President during war or attack his policies like some of our internal-enemies have done.

God bless us all. Have a good night!

Do French fish flee at the sight of lures?
#397921 - 10/16/04 10:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Henry: Once again your logic and knowledge of the topics at hand are years ahead of your biological age.

Your post truely is brilliant, and should be posted in every newpaper around the country.

The problem is....you are trying to use facts and logic to argue your point with Liberals. They are not driven by those attributes, but rather emotion and irrationality.

Just wait and see how they respond. You will hear stupid comments like "Bush is trying to get his Oil buddies rich", or "he lied to us about Iraq" etc etc etc...

I've said it before, but it deserves repeating.....modern day Liberalism is far more dangerous to this country and the entire free world, then modern day Terrorism.

Liberals will always allow Terrorists to thrive and will not destroy them either here or where they breed.

Page 102 of 177 < 1 2 ... 100 101 102 103 104 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics