ctfisherman.com logo
Page 167 of 177 < 1 2 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398562 - 11/03/04 01:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Zach: No fair editting your math. Your paper was turned in and you recieved an "F". :p

AND: I'm very secure in my orientation....., but I must admit that that pic of you in a skirt gets me just a little bit excited! \:D
Fishing Info
#398563 - 11/03/04 01:37 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
oh no... :rolleyes:

I'm not dancing with any guys at the banquet this year- ONLY WIVES! \:D

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#398564 - 11/03/04 02:19 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
GZ - Westport Offline

congrats to Bush, im extremely happy. personaly i was nervous on what was going to happen, but all went well. Bush/Cheney, and Shays great election day, even though the whole NE was covered in blue, which bugs me considering a lot of the NE is full of anglers, and sportsmen who are mostly in favor of bush. Need to change CT red in 08'
#398565 - 11/03/04 02:19 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kerry is conceding!

1:00 PM he makes his public speech.

There will be a lot of disappointed lawyers, but this is a good thing, I think we all agree, not to drag this thing out. All the money spent on fees would better feed the poor, and all the angst and aggravation....., well the lawyers can take it all to bed with themselves....

It'll be interesting to see when our military assault begins in Iraq. It's such a shame that our military has to modify operations for the benefit of elections here at home.
#398566 - 11/03/04 02:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington

Sold my Stemcell stocks this am, time to buy healthcare & defense stocks.
#398567 - 11/03/04 02:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bush's "One Finger Victory Salute"

http://politicalhumor.about.com/gi/dynam...huncensored.mov

To be fair, this video was captured when he was elected Governor of Texas, and had yet to take World Geography 101.
#398568 - 11/03/04 03:26 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Been without internet for days.

So glad it turned out the way it did.

I think we will have 4 more years - of whining from the liberal left. But thats better than the alternative.

Looks like the American people agree with the majority of people on this site. F John Kerry!

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#398569 - 11/03/04 03:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

A moot issue, but New Hampshire is a toss-up, again, according to MNBC, so maybe, just maybe, New England won't end up all Blue!

There is much to reflect upon, and little time to say it, as the old padlock goes on pretty soon. All in all, I think the news media covered the election fairly, and modestly.

After tiring of Fox and MNBC last night, I turned on CNN and watched Jeff Greenfield talk and was extremely impressed with his synopsis.

The Daschle/McAuliffe obstructionist cabal is FINALLY dead! And the Democrats must really reflect on where their party goes, from here.

It is the height of irony that there is already maddening speculation amongst some Dems, that the reason the Democrats lost, is that that the party is NOT "PROGRESSIVE" ENOUGH! That, in order to win in the future, they MUST MOVE FARTHER TO THE LEFT! \:o (Apparently, Mr. Kerry's problem was that he was TOO CONSERVATIVE! ) If Howard Dean had been nominated, he'd have won! :rolleyes:

I'm no rabid Bush sycophant; in my mind, he was merely a better choice than Mr. Kerry, whom I found more than scary; I found him potentially terrifying. Yet, even I concede that Mr. Bush has his work cut out for him in a second term.

Whilst not overly superstitious, I also had a nagging thought in the back of my mind, that the Red Sox come from behind super-victory over the Yanks/Cards, might be an omen for Mr. Kerry. (Kerry felt the same, it's been reported.)

As it turned out, it was an omen; FOR BUSH! Shattering the punditry, HE was the "Comeback Kid" of '04. Love him, hate him, or be ambivilent; bottom line; Bush certainly has a minimum mandate this time around, and has been validated to some extent. In the least, the Democrats were soundly and heavily, repudiated!

My greatest satisfaction is that Mr. Bush will now be filling the 2 or 3, possibly 4 vacencies on the Supreme Court this term. He has an even higher Senate majority to work with, the obstructionist Daschle is history, (although Leahy and Dodd remain), and the Dems are set back on their heels.

It will be interesting to see how the extreme far-left Dems in the Senate fight Bush's judicial nominees. I'm far too jaded to be over-confident, but satisfied that my number 1 concern, individual rights vs. "collective" rights, is more secure, excepting the "Patriot Act" issue.

(Even if Roe V Wade was to be overturned, it would merely become a state issue again, rather than Federal. Abortion, i.e. "Choice" would still be a legal option where desired, the Northeast, for example. Even I would not vote to "turn back the clock" on this issue. I'm pro-choice, but pro-state rights, as well.)

Sportsman/2nd Amendment issues are more secure. Perhaps we can get the Arctic Wildlife Refuge/West Coast/Florida Coast/ New England Coast opened for oil drilling/exploration, now. (Done with all desired environmental protections. Perhaps my oft-memtioned surety bonds could be part of a compromise?)

Yep. I'm a pretty satisfied camper, today! ;\) (What a difference, a day makes. 24 little hours!)

On the bright side, I DON"T have to break out the tabasco and eat Mr. Mitchie-poo's hat!

On the downside, in the depths of my despair I promised the Great Odin my beloved Mini-14 in sacrifice for a Bush victory. Good-bye, Old Friend! We shall meet again, someday, in Valhalla, where the brave shall live forever!

I also promised Mitchie-poo 3, that's right, 3, 1st-hand fishing reports. I'd best get to work on that. And Fluke Fest '05; I'm a shootin' for that gathering. Sharpen your knife, and your wit, KC. T'is ordained by the Gods!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398570 - 11/03/04 04:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
It's over and done with, Thank Goodness!
Time for a group hug \:D

For the most part it was entertaining and informative, except for the immature name-calling and those who like to instigate a situation, but I guess that's expected with disagreement and when tempers flare. It's all a self-interest situation.
#398571 - 11/03/04 04:50 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Denny, I'm up for that group hug! I need a hug or two after you and Gergie scarin' the living bejezzers out of me! Hope you two can take some small solace out of that. Thanks to you two, I'm on Beta-blockers, Valium, and Nitro-glycerin! \:D

The following link/song brought tears to my eyes. I'm not attempting to stir up the pot; no point in that. I just found it 2 minutes ago. Libs may wish to not view it; Conservatives may well weep like babies. (Attn. Mitch, JFM, Henry L., especially.)

(Please, no recriminations. It's a little political, but it's also so touchingly moving; at least I found it so.)

http://pages.sbcglobal.net/bommer/When_The_Man_Comes_Around.html

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Page 167 of 177 < 1 2 ... 165 166 167 168 169 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics