ctfisherman.com logo
Page 86 of 177 < 1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397752 - 10/14/04 12:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone answer this for me - who is lying through his teeth. \:o \:o \:o

From the debate transcript:

"Mr. Kerry: Yes. When the president had an opportunity to capture or kill Osama bin Laden, he took his focus off of him, outsourced the job to Afghan warlords and Osama bin Laden escaped. Six months after he said Osama bin Laden must be caught dead or alive this president was asked, where's Osama bin Laden? And he said, "I don't know. I don't really think about very much. I'm not that concerned." We need a president who stays deadly focused on the real war on terror.

Mr. Bush: "Gosh, I don't think I ever said I'm not worried about Osama bin Laden. That's kind of one of those exaggerations. Of course we're worried about Osama bin Laden. We're on the hunt after Osama bin Laden. We're using every asset at our disposal to get Osama bin Laden."

From the Transcript of Bush press conference on March 13, 2002 Posted: 7:35 PM EST (0035 GMT)

"QUESTION: Mr. President, in your speeches now, you rarely talk or mention Osama bin Laden. Why is that? Also, can you can tell the American people if you have any more information -- if you know if he is dead or alive. Deep in your heart, don't you truly believe that until you find out if he is dead or alive, you won't really want to make...

BUSH: Well, deep in my heart, I know the man's on the run if he's alive at all. And I -- you know, who knows if he's hiding in some cave or not? We hadn't heard from him in a long time.

And the idea of focusing on one person is really -- indicates to me people don't understand the scope of the mission. Terror's bigger than one person. And he's just -- he's a person who has now been marginalized. His network is -- his host government has been destroyed. He's the ultimate parasite who found weakness, exploited it, and met his match.

He is -- you know, as I mention in my speeches -- I do mention the fact that this is a fellow who is willing to commit youngsters to their death. And he, himself, tries to hide, if, in fact, he's hiding at all.

So I don't know where he is. Nor -- you know, I just don't spend that much time on him really, to be honest with you. I'm more worried about making sure that our soldiers are well supplied, that the strategy is clear, that the coalition is strong, that when we find enemy bunched up, like we did in Shah-e-Kot mountains, that the military has all the support it needs to go in and do the job, which they did."

DOES BUSH'S LYING MAKES YOU FEEL SAFER FROM TERRORIZM?!

NO SPIN PLEASE.
Fishing Info
#397753 - 10/14/04 01:25 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FishingFinancialAdvisor Offline

Yeah, I caught that too VAl. Someone emailed me the same transcript. Just a shame to lie about it, Im sure he knows he said it, why cant he just fess up?????

FFA
#397754 - 10/14/04 01:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

I think everyone agrees that this will be a very close race. It could come down to single issue voters again and in the debate last night Kerry again tried to walk the fence between supporting the 2nd Amendment and claiming he is a hunter against the Democratic platform of gun control. The fact that Kerry misrepresented the facts again referring to AK47s during the debate which are fully automatic communist military assault rifles when the ban was about semi-automatic guns that had comsmetic features only points to the continued misrepresentation of facts that go on with gun control. Kerry is a co-sponsor of a new Senate bill to re-instate the "assault weapons" bill but this time to include all semi-automatic receivers built into any gun with a "pistol grip". A "pistol grip" does not have to be on a pistol, it is a description of a point on a gun stock where your hand has a conformation point to hold the gun and virtually all guns have one. This means that all of our traditional semi-automatic shotguns, like my Browning 3" mag that I am going to use this afternoon for duck hunting, will become illegal. It means the gun Kerry was holding at the Wisconsin gun club after shooting some trap will become illegal and I doubt he even realizes this.
Kerry is not a hunter. His description of his deer hunting experiences was a joke. And his voting record is 100% anti 2nd Amendment earning him a 100% support from all the anti gun organizations.
Keep in mind how dumb the "assault weapons" ban was. It banned some semi-automatic guns because they looked like something else. The argument was that these guns had no purpose other than to kill people. Simply not true. Keep in mind most, if not all, of these banned semi-automatic guns would be legal for hunting in Ct. for certain game in certain seasons. For example, the smaller calibers for coyote and the larger calibers (over 6mm or .243) for deer. They may not look like a hunting rifle but they were legal to hunt with.
I simply can't understand why either party continues to push platforms that have positions on major issues that are important to large portions of our citizens. This is the purest form of disrespect and arrogance. The republicans push personal responsibility and limited government interference but not pro-choice alienating huge populations of women and flying in the face of Roe vs: Wade. Democrats push gun control alienating 20 million hunters and 60 million gun owners and in the process losing key southern states in national elections and flying in the face of the 2nd Amendment. If the democrats had a more reasonable platform on gun control they would win this election. If they lose it, it will be because of gun control and the fact that this issue demonstates Kerry's lack of trust. Few believe Kerry is a hunter or a supporter of the 2nd Amendment.
I just don't understand how major political parties can produce platforms that are not moderate enough to include all groups of people. The divisiveness in the country will not go away until the disenfranchised, whatever the issue, can again be included in the platform.
#397755 - 10/14/04 01:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

65% of the people polled were for the extension of the assault weapons ban! Even the president didn't claim he opposed the extension! But he didn't move a finger to bring it to vote. He sided with the 35% of the voters to get the NRA support.

GIMME MY BAZOOKA!!!
#397756 - 10/14/04 02:08 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great article. Please read.

Addicted to 9/11 By THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN
#397757 - 10/14/04 02:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

BUSH LIES---KERRY LIES---Wake up and smell the coffee everyone!BOTH candidates will stretch the truth to the breaking point if it means votes.
#397758 - 10/14/04 02:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flag,

I disagree. Kerry may embellish the truth. Bush is a pathological liar.

Take the example of the Osama lie above. If it was in a court of law Bush would be convicted of perjury.
#397759 - 10/14/04 02:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

I agree with Val,Bush not pushing for the assaut weapons ban extension was a blatant pander to the nra,but he figures that if he says he was for it that he will get votes from the ban supporters that dont bother to get the full story.
#397760 - 10/14/04 02:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Val,I can live with that.
#397761 - 10/14/04 02:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have another question for our PUNDITS:

Who outed Valerie Plame as a CIA agent? Was this a treason? Should somebody be prosecuted? Bush says he does not know. Do you believe him?
Page 86 of 177 < 1 2 ... 84 85 86 87 88 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics