ctfisherman.com logo
Page 44 of 177 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397332 - 10/07/04 11:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

Naugy Joe: I can say that I enjoy debating with Spin, SPun and Nu2Salt. I love it! No hard feelings here.

I am confident that Bush will win this reelection, but won't be 100% until the next debate.

You are right about the number of Democrats being registered. Younger people are more exposed to liberal ideas for a number of reasons, mainly MTV, liberal media, Leftist colleges, and sheer ignorance (just as there are ignorant conservatives).

I think the Republican party will either be extinct or severly weakened in the next 20-30 years due to large numbers of immigrants, and the Liberal monopoly on newspapers, cable news, and internet.

But keep this in mind: There are far more Democrats voting for Bush than are Republicans voting for Kerry.

Do French fish flee at the sight of lures?
Fishing Info
#397333 - 10/07/04 11:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Arlow,

First, I would like to thank you for apologizing about the treason remark. I was offended, but your apology is readily and eagerly accepted! No hard feelings! I understand about getting fired up, as you can probably tell!

I intend to respond more fully to your post, but am pressed for time at present. One thing that needs to be said, though, is that I was not referring to reverting to slavery, which was over 140 years ago; I was referring to the racial prejudice that existed in my lifetime, just 40 years ago! Again, there is more I have to say on this, (I know you're all like, no, really? but yeah, I do!) but no time right now. Anyway, regards to you, Arlow, and thanks again!

I also wish to second what Naugy Joe posted about when this is over, and not taking any of this personally or holding grudges or ill will. I believe we all mean well and want the best for our country, just disagree as to how to get there. In fact, I admire and respect everyone who has contributed here, this obviously means something to you, or you wouldn't bother. We need more Americans to get involved and take a stand, even if it is one I may disagree with.

Henry L., you make some interesting points, strategically speaking at least, however as I said I am presently pressed for time and am unable to read and give them due consideration. My initial reaction is that I still disagree but I'll get back to you! Thank you for sharing your last post. Expect a response one way or another tomorrow some time.

Regards to all participants in this lively and stimulating discussion, and thanks to Mitch for starting and allowing it.

Respectfully,

Jim
#397334 - 10/08/04 12:00 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
BTW,

Bush and administration has nothing to do with historic numbers in home ownership, it was Greenspan.

His continual lowering of the prime rate was intended to revitalize the market but institutional and private investor confidence remained low and monies remained unvested. It trickled into to the lenders, which produced today’s historic low rates.

Here’s the scary part if the economy isn’t revitalized to an upward trend.

Interest rates are going to climb, new home sale percentages will lessen and property values will take a downward curve. As the in the mid 80’s, property values will subside and folks are going to be faced with the harsh reality that their mortgage is equal or more than their property value.

Still after reading today’s announcements that thousands of folks will be laid off by Bank of America and AT&T it doesn’t look hopeful for a recovery anytime soon.
#397335 - 10/08/04 12:16 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

and the hits keep on coming. Bush, Cheney Concede Saddam Had No WMDs web page
Nu2Salt, you have a publisher :p \:D
#397336 - 10/08/04 12:21 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
 Quote:
Still after reading today’s announcements that thousands of folks will be laid off by Bank of America and AT&T it doesn’t look hopeful for a recovery anytime soon.
Have you EVER read about a small business adding jobs? NO, this doesn't make headlines. Only when a large corporation lays off people does it make the news in which the Liberal media celebrates.

It is expected that the Unemployment figures will be down AGAIN and that ~250K more jobs were created this past month. This is great news, AGAIN this year. 2004 has been a super year for job creation , despite what Kerry and his cronies say.

BTW, personal income grew 10% for Americans since Sept 11th !!

Listening to them, you would think that we all are in the poor house.

#397337 - 10/08/04 12:26 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Quote:
But the threat of terrorism IS real! It just wasn't real, or at least not imminent, where Iraq was concerned.
NU2Salt:

1. Did you support the US involvement in Gulf War 1?

2. Why didn't Saddam allow the weapons inspectors back into Iraq.

3. What is the purpose of 17 UN resolutions against Saddam when he violated everyone and the UN made no moves to punish him for his violations?

4. Why did Kerry support the Pres. on Gulf War 2?

5. How many positions has Kerry taken on the War? Remember, he had to support it when he was losing against Howard Dean.

#397338 - 10/08/04 12:39 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

Great points John.

Although Kerry served the US admirably, he has a habit of turning his back on the troops.

First, right after Vietnam. Second, by voting against the funding for the war.

Has anybody else noticed that the Democrats are constantly crying about "Voter Suppression" when it comes to minorities, yet say nothing when they want to "suppress" the votes of Nader supporters...

#397339 - 10/08/04 12:43 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Quote:
Liberal Quote of the Week:
"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime...So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..-John Kerry 01/23/2003

You just have to wonder what your typical Liberal thinks when they read that quote.

Imagine that he didn't support Gulf War 1!?!?

And....NOW, he claims he would hunt down terrorists. This is some funny $hit. His track record is so horrid, yet we are all supposed to believe his newly found stance from the last debate.

#397340 - 10/08/04 12:48 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

Kerry didn't support Gulf War 1 because he wouldn't mind paying extra $$$ for the gas for his SUVs that are really his when he visits an auto factory in Detroit, but are the "family's" on Earth Day.

LMAO...he even Flip-Flops on the family vehicle.

#397341 - 10/08/04 12:54 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

nu2salt It's very simple yours and everyone elses rights end at my nose! I don't much care to labor for you or anyone else.(yes labor for after all that is what taxes are my labor for your causes.) I'll chose my causes and were I'll spend my labor not you Thank you! I don't mind paying my labor for the services I use but I get real bent out of shape when you or any one tells me who or what I should labor for.

As for safe and secure : I'll labor for that.

Better standard of living : Not for you to decide.

Poverty to end : Again not for you to decide.

Health care : let us all pay in at the same rate.What ever that my be. Not up to you to decide.

Crime is easy: Stay the F away from me and leave my guns alone!

Median income : I'll decide what I'll labor for and what I'll pay for labor not you!

The only way to make everyone equal is to make everyone poor because you can't make everyone wealthy.

Respectfully Don I will fish with you and I will play with you but try to take my labor from me and I will take up arms!
Page 44 of 177 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics