ctfisherman.com logo
Page 87 of 177 < 1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397762 - 10/14/04 02:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by FLAG-UP:
Val,I can live with that.
Could you elaborate please?
Fishing Info
#397763 - 10/14/04 02:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

When you said Kerry embellishs the truth and Bush lies,I said I could live with your opinion.
#397764 - 10/14/04 02:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

I am surprised that the media has'nt pushed the administration on the Plame outing issue.Everyone talks of protesters being treasones but deliberatly outing someone that can supply you with the rare inside info is definitly a crime.
#397765 - 10/14/04 02:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

And those 65% thought that these were military style, fully automatic assault weapons, like AK47s, just like John Kerry said last night in the debate. Most issues are full of mis-information like that which creates misleading polls.
Val, why do you think the assault weapons ban was legitimate and successful? Why would someone with your background, coming from a communist country that persecuted your family, find anything redeeming with gun control?
The President didn't oppose it because it was never coming up for a vote. Simply partisan politics. Bush would have been better served if he just stated his views instead of trying to hide or avoid the issue.
#397766 - 10/14/04 02:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

It is so simple to equate gun control to the NRA. Fact is, the NRA is one of the largest civilian organizations in the country representing millions of gun owners, it is not a fringe issue and it is a basic fabric of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. This is a very polarizing issue and one which the democrats would be well served with a much more moderate platform. It is the biggest single issue voting factor in the election. It is how Al Gore lost Tennessee and a bunch of other swing states. It is how the House became republican back in the early 90s when the "assault weapons" ban was passed. If Kerry loses this election it is the singular reason why he lost. If Kerry wins it will be despite his gun control positions. Gun control is a losing issue is all but the most liberal urban areas.
#397767 - 10/14/04 02:50 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
stripermanofsteel Offline
If i'm not here I'm fishing

Loc: Southington, Westbrook (boat
I've asked multiple times and shall keep asking...what good does the "Patriot Act" do when it is damn near unlawful...Bush likes it the way it is, which is search and seizure and detainment of people just becuase they meet a terrorist profile (muslim or arab). If you did that to any other race...oh wait, isn't racial profiling illegal.

Kerry is for keeping the un"Patriot Act" but getting rid of the BS with search and seizure and detainment but keeping in the ability to allow the different law enforcement organizations to communicate better...why do you need an act for that??

Anyway, as is, how is this "Act" good for America being the land of the free, when no other profiling is allowed??

I'd like to finally get answer to this.
#397768 - 10/14/04 03:18 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

In regards to gun control when I was in the keys during hurracane Ivan. I and my fellow boaters during a mandatory evacuation defended our boats and the marina from the thugs that came down at night because they thought we were not there with the very guns Kerry would outlaw.Any one of you standing beside us would realize the need for these guns and ask for them.No demand them.As we sit in our nice safe homes we think there is no need for such guns.Come stand beside me when our beloved gov. breaks down in a situation such as a HURRICAN.I have found the most liberal of you all, all open your eyes!

Don
#397769 - 10/14/04 03:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
U.S. Constitution: Second Amendment

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
RMW 1,

How can you compare your vigilante group at the marina to 'A well regulated Militia'?

How was it 'necessary to the security of a free State'?

How will you use your guns (I assume you own some) to protect your FREEDOM when John Ashcroft searches your house under the 'Patriot' act?

Quote:
Asked by Buck.

Val, why do you think the assault weapons ban was legitimate and successful? Why would someone with your background, coming from a communist country that persecuted your family, find anything redeeming with gun control?
Buck,

The Constitution never intended to put military style weapons on the hands vigilantes to protect their boats. It was to protect our FREEDOM.
#397770 - 10/14/04 03:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Val I guess I was to just let them ransack my boat and the marina like a good little liberal!

Val my boat is not some little striper chasing fishing boat its my home.

Don
#397771 - 10/14/04 03:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RayZCT Offline

Loc: Glastonbury, CT
Military weapons and civilian weapons in the time of the Constitution were the same, I don't think the founders were clairvoyant enough to anticipate changes 200 years later.

Z-Man Custom Fishing Rods
Page 87 of 177 < 1 2 ... 85 86 87 88 89 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics