ctfisherman.com logo
Page 131 of 177 < 1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398202 - 10/23/04 06:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dear Henry,

I cannot tell you how deeply troubled I am, and how concerned I am for you. If I were still a practicing Catholic I would be concerned for your very soul, since you are clearly under the spell of Satan himself.

Fortunately however, I have a daughter just a few years younger than you, who completed her Bachelor's in History from CCSU this past May. (Btw, she graduated with Departmental Honors in both History and Women's studies, and graduated with second highest honors, I can never remember which is Magna and which is Summa.) The reason I bring her up is at least I know that she is there, a member of the same generation as you, to counter your insane, inexplicable fascination with, and loyalty to, the most un-American, fascist (by your own admission) set of ideals I have ever heard in my 43 years. You are clearly in direct opposition to everything our forefathers ever stood for or tried to give us, and left up to you the entire Constitution would be in grave danger, except of course the 2nd Amendmant.

You have once again failed to make your case, in your last post. Please see my above post to BasislessRunner. You are attempting to convolute the subject and are dancing around, avoiding the real subject and the key questions I raised. But I am going to give you another shot at the "Big Dawg"!

For the sake of brevity, I will close this here. Then, I will reply to your last post. Then, in a third post, I will restate my main ideas and questions and lets see if you can address them directly without going off on all sorts of irrelevant tangents. Stay on topic, Henry, I know you can do this if you try. You just have to FOCUS!!

Regards, young man,

Jim
Fishing Info
#398203 - 10/23/04 08:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
JollyBull Offline

In almost every political discussion today involving people with different view points, you're bound to hear the words..."Bush lied about Iraq".

If that's true I can't help wondering why the quotes from the people below aren't considered lies also?

Can anyone answer this question CORRECTLY for me?

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the greatest security threat we face." - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten time since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18,1998

"[WE] urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry( D - MA), and others Oct. 9,1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." > - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years . We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

EVERY ONE OF THESE SAME DEMOCRATS SAY PRESIDENT BUSH LIED--THAT THERE NEVER WERE ANY WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION AND HE TOOK US TO WAR UNNECESSARILY! DOESN'T THAT SEEM A LITTLE ODD TO ANYONE?
#398204 - 10/23/04 09:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry L.:
Nu2Salt: LOL ;\) ! I guess I am glad you are confused..because for the last page or two...you and Val have been making points so off-the-wall that I am making bloodhound faces at the computer. If I came across as confusing, I can only say it was not my intention. Sometimes I have so many points built up that I sound like a constipated Neandertal in trying to express them \:D .
Henry,

First, in typical right wing fashion , you are, right from the very first sentence, inaccurate, and spinning. I never said I was "confused", o.t.c., I said "Your arguments are becoming less and less logical and coherent, and more difficult to follow. You are all over the map!"

(Ergo, YOU are confused, and unable to counter my main points or address the questions I raised, and are trying to confuse the issue!)

That in no way suggests I am confused by anything you have posted, merely, that YOU are unable to stay on topic, are bringing up issues which are totally irrelevant and have no bearing whatsoever on the discussion at hand.

This appears to be nothing more than a beginners's debate tactic, in an effort to convolute the discussion and take it elsewhere. (Just as JFM tries to do with his insults and put downs.) That is what one does when one cannot debate the logic of their opponents argument; try to change the subject. It won't work with me. Sorry. ;\)

Quote:

WE have killed/captured half or more of al-Qaeda. However, it is now decentralized. decentralizing the terrorists has good and bad sides. Not being localized in Afghanistan means that it is difficult for them to function as one, monolithic organization having thus to rely on communications (tape recorders, written letters, e-mails, cell phone calls) which means that communications are slowed and risk being intercepted. Losing its centralization however has its benefits (for them) in that like smothering a fire, they have splintered off and formed independent, smaller cells that are difficult to track.
No disagreement.

Quote:

Al-Qaeda is still a threat despite its defeat in Afghanistan and ITS quagmire in Iraq. .
Again, no disagreement. Now, you need to tell Bush and Cheney that, and tell them to stop lying to the American people in their stump speeches when they continue to try to say that because of our efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan, Al-Queda is no longer a threat, and that therefore, Afghanistan was a total success and Iraq has been worthwhile.

First, Afghanistan, while worthwhile and for the most part successful, was NOT a total success; at least HALF of AL-Queda, including OBL, escaped, as a result of Bush losing his focus in Afghanistan (again a consistent trait of those of you on the right) and rushing prematurely into Iraq, for political, economic, and religious reasons.

Second, Iraq has had NO meaningful impact upon Al-Queda, except to make them stronger by helping them to recruit new soldiers and begin to reconstitute their numbers; and has not at all been worthwhile, since we now KNOW that the entire premise, (WMD's and ties to terrorism) is FALSE.

I gave you three choices:

A. Did we eliminate or neutalize Al-Queda in Afghanistan?

B. Are they all in Iraq fighting our troops?

C. DOES AL-QUEDA CONTINUE TO PRESENT A THREAT TO THE U.S. AND THE WORLD?

You answered, C. Al-Queda continues to present a threat to the U.S. and the world.

A brief, direct answer would have sufficed. You agree with me, and must therefore agree, and cannot deny, that our war in Iraq has done nothing to make us safer from Al-Queda. All of your other irrelevant dancing around is unnecessary and has nothing to do with the subject at hand:

the war in Iraq;

how we got there;

would we be justified doing the same thing, the same way, even knowing what we now know; (NO, WE WOULD NOT!)

and HAS IT MADE US SAFER FROM TERRORISM IN GENERAL, OR AL-QUEDA IN PARTICULAR! (NO, IT HASN'T!!)

Our efforts in Afghanistan accomplished a great deal in reducing Al-Queda's strength. That was worthwhile. Bush failed to finish the job because he rushed into Iraq for political, economic and religious reasons, ALL of which, benefitted him, PERSONALLY!

I couldn't care less about your analysis about "However, it is now decentralized. decentralizing the terrorists has good and bad sides. Not being localized in Afghanistan... in that like smothering a fire, they have splintered off and formed independent, smaller cells that are difficult to track." None of THAT has anything to do with the subject at hand. (If you need to refresh your memory as to the subject at hand, please see above.)

In fact, the last part of you irrelevant analysis only bolsters my argument that Bush failing to fully finish the job in Afghanistan, before turning his attention to a country which presented NO IMMINENT DANGER OR OTHERWISE EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES was a huge blunder! He allowed the rest of them, again, including OBL, to escape, and by going to war prematurely and unjustly in Iraq has enabled them to rally and recruit new members and reconstitute their strength. They are as big a threat now as ever, maybe bigger!!

And again, all of this, "The 1944 Ardenness Offensive, the Japanese Plan to bomb the Panama Canal, Waterloo, and Kennesaw Mountain (1864) all show us.... ....the mind set that an obviously crushed enemy is contained or incapable of launching any sizeable offensive."

is likewise irrelevant to the discussion. In fact, AGAIN the last part of your post should be directed at Bush and Cheny, who would have us believe that Al-Queda was either neutralized in Afghanistan, or are all tied up in Iraq fighting our military, (or BOTH! )and therefore pose no immediate or direct threat to the U.S. or the world. How many times have I heard you and others on this board, or on TV, or in print, justify the war in Iraq by saying that by fighting them THERE we are safer HERE! That argument is TOTALLY OFF THE WALL and HOLDS NO WATER WHATSOEVER!!!

\:o

Quote:

As for your statement about why haven't we attacked other threats? Do you mean to tell me that if Bush bombed the countries you listed as enemies (North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia etc) that you'd support it? Well let's see...North Korea had nothing to do with 9/11 so you would not support that, and neither did Iran. If we bomb Saudi Arabia the Liberals WOULD DEFINITELY cry "War for Oil" so we'd be back to negative pacificism."
You musta SPUN YOURSELF DIZZY, WITH THAT ONE! I'll bet you're still reeling and swerving!!

Could you BE anymore irrelevant and off topic!! \:o

I NEVER suggested that I would advocate or support military action against ANY of those countries!!!

You said, " ...nor beg Saddam to apologize for the mass graves where people were buried alive; to say sorry for funding Palestinian terrorists that kill hundreds of children on buses, nor to Saddam's tolerance to terrorism as a whole." (There is no evidence in submission to support that allegation. When it comes to waging WAR, it's not what you THINK, it's what you can PROVE!) "Remember when those Brits knocked down an efigy of Bush in London? Where were those people when Saddam killed his own people, or when Kim Jong Il decided to starve his own people. We are fighting to remove a brutal dictator..."

Since Bush's original, primary, justification for invading Iraq was WMD's and ties to terrorism and 9-11, and since that has been disproven, he, you, and others, have attempted to justify his use of force, after the fact, by pointing out that Hussein was a brutal dictator who committed atrocities against his own people. No one has ever disputed that, or suggested otherwise. But that was not Bush's rationale for the necessity of using military force in Iraq!

My reply to YOU was "If your issue is with human rights, why aren't you leading the charge to invade and conquer Saudi Arabia, one of the WORST human rights offenders in the world, and a well documented and well known supporter and sponsor of terrorism? 15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis. If that is your stance, or Bush's, then you must be consistent or you lose all credibility."

I further added:

"Our first responsibility is to our own defense, not the protection of every citizen of the entire world from their own governments. That task is impossible and impractical, and in no way justifies our incursion into Iraq, at that point in time, under those circumstances."

I was NOT advocating or suggesting we SHOULD use military force in any of those countries! I used that to point out that DEFENDING HUMAN RIGHTS AND REMOVING BRUTAL DICTATORS, while a noble and worthwhile cause and endeavor, IS TYPICALLY NOT ENOUGH JUSTIFICATION, IN AND OF ITSELF, FOR ALL OUT WAR and that if it is, there are other offenders and dictators who are just as bad, if not worse; and that we have known about them for some time, and have not taken military action against them; so why Iraq, and why now? In fact, in the case of S.Arabia, we continue to do billions and billions of dollars with them, thereby supporting their evil regime!

INCONSISTENT AND UNACCEPTABLE!

You have spun and twisted my points into something they are not, and something I have not said! I would NOT support any use of force in ANY of those countries under the present circumstances!

We should, by all means, attempt to put a stop to abuses of human rights around the world. But we do not resort to war to do so, we never have. Our actions in Kosovo were in response to a concerted effort by a foreign government at "ethnic cleansing", genocide, and was in coordination with an international effort led by the U.N., not an essentially unilateral U.S. effort, supposedly executed in the name of self defense, national security, and the legitimate war on terror.

The ONLY justification for the U.S. to launch a first strike, (especially when it is acting essentially unilaterally) against another sovreign nation, is when that nation poses an IMMEDIATE AND IMMINENT THREAT TO THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF THE U.S., AND WHERE EXIGENT CIRCUMSTANCES EXIST.

Otherwise, justice and humanity dictates that we must use greater restraint, and exhaust diplomacy and other less drastic, extreme, and violent and destructive means of achieving a peaceful resolution to any conflict that exists, and do everything in our power to achieve and maintain peaceful relations with the other nations of the world. The only exception to this simple premise of peace is if we are overtly threatened or directly attacked.

And you cannot go to war against an entire country based upon the criminal, terrorist actions of one or more of it's private citizens, absent a concrete, irrefutable link to that country's government i.e. the Taliban. Otherwise, you unjustly punish an entire nation for the actions of a lunatic fringe, and you alienate the entire world.

Otherwise, why didn't we attack Saudi Arabia immediately following 9-11, in light of the fact that 15 of the 19 terrorists were Saudi's, and we know that S.A. has long been a sponsor and supporter of Islamic terrorism?

Again, INCONSISTENT AND UNACCEPTABLE!

Quote:

I agree with you 100% that our alliance with Saudi Arabia is shady at best, and I feel the same about Pakistan. I'd rather attack Saudi Arabia than Iraq...first. However, if we became offensive to Saudi Arabia, either diplomatically or militarily, we scrap ANY possible Muslim support (because of its religious value to Islam), which although minimal, is highly strategic. Jordan and Egypt have disclosed valuable intel on al-Qaeda's operations, especially in Yemen and the Horn of Africa.
The strategic value of what you have said above cannot be denied. While I recognize that you are responding to a point that I raised, it still does not speak to the specific topic at hand. (See above.) It in no way 1) justifies our war in Iraq, 2) in no way justifies Bush's statement that he would do the same thing even absent his original premise, and 3) in no way demonstrates that we are any safer or have in any way benefitted from the war in Iraq. If the war in Iraq were justified and had in any way made us safer, your above statement would have great strategic value. Since such is not the case your point, while valid as it pertains to Saudi Arabia, is unfortunately irrelevant.

And I still have a problem with compromising our principles on human rights and terrorism where S.A. is concerned, just because it happens to be strategically and diplomatically prudent and necessary in today's global climate, while recognizing that it most likely is, in fact, necessary and prudent.

If I am reading you correctly, and you extrapolate that to it's logical conclusion, you are suggesting that taking military action against S.A. would be tantamount to declaring war on all of Islam, and we are not equipped or prepared to do so, and I must reluctantly agree.

That, however, still is not material to the discussion about Iraq, the justification for the war, doing the same thing even knowing what we now know, and wether or not we are safer as a result.

I am also skeptical of something else you have stated; "...we scrap ANY possible Muslim support (because of its religious value to Islam), which although minimal, is highly strategic."

First, notwithstanding our amicable relationships with Jordan and Egypt, I believe any muslim support in the Middle East is LESS than minimal, and of little or no consequence or value. In fact, again, Bush's war in Iraq may have already done every bit as much to damage that minimal or less than minimal support as attacking S.A. would.

Furthermore, I am not convinced that we would lose the support of Jordan or Egypt, or significantly jeopordize our amicable relationships with them as a result of any such offensive, diplomatically or otherwise, directed at S.A.; or that doing so would have any significant impact upon our current global position or war on terror.

Perhaps I am underestimating the religious value of S.A. and their relationship with Egypt and Jordan, and the value of our own relationship with them.

Quote:

Secondly, even Sun Tzu will say to "attack your enemies at their weakest part." Iraq's military (conventionally speaking) is weaker than Iran but stronger than Saudi Arabia (This is according to The Military Balance that says Iraq is the 14th strongest world power...Iran is about 9th, North Korea is 3rd and Saudi Arabia is lower than 14th...I have th book boxed up so I am not sure but am POSITIVE about the first 3... I had to memorize the top 10 for a class taught by a CIA agent \:D ) . The Saudi military is however more organized than Iraq's. I however believe it should be dealt with, but Iraq is more strategic for more reasons:
-isolates Iran between Iraq and Afghanistan
-Puts pressure on Syria
-secure vital oil source (and I wanted this to be a war for oil, ask Spin, we debated alot last year, but I don't see it like that)
So you are saying that attacking Iraq was the first step in an eventual war against each of those nations, and that the justification for going to war there, the reason we invaded, conqured, and are occupying them, is because it is strategically advantageous and is only the first step in the larger, grand plan.

That paragraph, by far, is the scariest thing I have read in this entire thread. In this paragraph, you are CLEARLY outlining a strategic plan for eventually invading, conquering, and occupying each and every one of those countries in turn! A plan of global war, and eventual global domination of every country that we have any hostile relationships with, whatsoever. Is that what you think the "war on terror" means? Is that what you think Bush should do, and is going to do?

While I do not disagree with this, logically or strategically speaking, (if in fact that was the answer, the solution, the plan) the implications and ramifications of such a doctrine, absolutely chills me, and gives me great pause. Bush, and you, are already contemplating and planning to continue to escalate this into a global war, global conquest.

While I recognize the need to deal with Iran and Korea as threats, and the fact that they are hostile to our country, I certainly hope with all of my being that we are going to be able to avert any further military actions with regards to these nations, or any other. War is is NOT, the only solution to our conflicts with these two countries, or any other, nor should it be, nor can it be.

You have made it clearer than ever WHY we should "NOT elect Bush", again! I did not use the term re-elect, because we never elected him in the first place.

You and him think exactly alike! You are right. His intention is to wage war with every single one of those countries, eventually, one at a time, each in turn. He sees no other way; no other solution; his answer is to use military force and war to resolve all of our conflicts with everyone and anyone, just as is yours.

He has not the ability, the intelligence, the talent, the desire, or the will, to even ATTEMPT to resolve anything peacefully, or diplomatically. It's too hard for him! It's too much work! It's easier to just send in the military. Plus people profit from it. And they like him because of it. They clap for him and wave flags. He's a hero, and gets to land on a carrier, dressed up like a macho jet jockey. The only thing he, or you, understand, is war, and military force. God help us all.

Thank you, Henry, for opening up my eyes to the real heart of the reason why Bush should not be allowed to continue as President for the next four years. I have learned more from that one paragraph than I have from everything else during this campaign. You have put everything is perspective, and in focus. Thank you.

Quote:

Lastly, I am flattered that you compared me to a fascist. But I have already said two or three times that I believe support for a President at a time of war is not limited to party affiliation and that IF Kerry were elected, I'd support him in this war, and the next...because there will be a next. If Clinton waged this war and Republicans would be whinbing about going to war (*which we don't whine because we are more patriotic and even polls support that claim) was falsely claimed, I'd be voting for Clinton and might even be tempted to switch parties.
First, let me assure you that being called a fascist is NOT a compliment; EVER!

Second, let me point out that the fact that you think it is, is the second scariest thing I have read on this thread. Congratulations, you just bumped Jon h. down to number three with this gem; "I don't think it really matters what sandy desert middle eastern country we fight this war in."

Third, let me point out that the fact that you will blindly support any President in power during a war, only further proves that you are nothing but a mindless sheep, who allows himself to be led around and told what is right and what is wrong. So no matter who is in charge, no matter who they go to war with, no matter what the reason or lack thereof, you will agree with and loyally support them, because you think that makes you a "patriot"!?

This is a sad and dangerous thing you are saying, and you are not a responsible, contributing member of our democracy if you walk around nodding your head all of the time.

I wrote you a PM not long ago, and explained the ramifications of silencing the populus during a war, in the name of loyalty, patriotism, and national security. That is precisely how Hitler came to power and how totalitarianistic governments and dictatorships are created. Since I have not posted this for the edification of others, let me repeat what I said to you, but which sadly fell on deaf ears.

If we surrender our freedom of speech, during a war, in the name of loyalty, patriotism, and national security, our democracy, our freedom, and our way of life, cease to exist. All a president has to do to become a dictator is, take us into a war, for any reason, or no reason, silence the populus, and as long as he can keep us at war, he can imprison anyone who criticizes him or voices any opposition or disagreement with him or his policies in the name of national security, eventually impose martial law, do away with any electorate, invoking national security, and we would find ourselves at the mercy of a dictatorship.

Our forefathers knew exactly what they were doing. Their experience with England was fresh in their minds. They wrote the Constitution the way they did for a reason. To give the PEOPLE the power, and not the government. To protect the people from exactly what you and others would create, Henry, given half a chance.

For all your education and intellect, I am sorry, Henry, you KNOW NOTHING about this country, our history, our Constitution, our democracy, or how and why it works, or why we need it to continue to work in order for us to remain free.

Bush, and you, and others like you, claim you are trying to bring the freedom and rights that we cherish here to other nations, when in fact, what you are doing is attempting to undo what our forefathers gave us over 200 years ago.

Our freedoms are all dependent upon what is set forth in the Consitution. You cannot protect and defend freedom, if you do not protect and defend the Constitution. You cannot protect and defend the Constitution while you are simultaneously attacking and attempting to undo the Constitution.

The more I correspond with you, the more afraid I become, and the more I am convinced that Bush, and you, and all the others, are wrong, and must be stopped.

Anyone else reading this, please, listen carefully to what each of us is saying, and vote for John Kerry on November 2nd.

Tomorrow, Henry, I will repost the main points of my previous post and re submit the questions I raised therein, which you have as of yet, failed to reply or respond to, and failed to answer and address.

My final thought, (I have said this before):

Patriotism is loyalty to one's COUNTRY, not one's GOVERNMENT.
#398205 - 10/23/04 09:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Nu2salt: I too was going to post quotes of your idols like Jolly Bull.

I am very curious if you are going to mount any defense of these statements.

Kerry is an flip flopper and argues both sides of any issue depending on the political climate. He has no backbone or core belief.

You never did defend his "no" vote of the Gulf War 1.

What's up with that??

BTW, this is a fishing message board. Mitch has kicked a few guys off who have nothing to contribute but political dribble. I did a check of all your posts and EVERY one has to do with politics.

Your days are numbered. Post away, but in a few days I am confident your posts will become static electricity on the great information super highway.

#398206 - 10/23/04 09:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joke, I mean John, first, all my profile will show you is my last 50 posts. I had an extensive history of fishing posts up until the political thread began. WRONG AGAIN!

Second, I certainly DID address your post about Kerry's "no" vote on the first Gulf War, LOOK IT UP IN YOUR FUNKANDWAGNELS!!

Third, I am drafting a reply to JB as we speak!

Nice chattin' wit you again, bro!
#398207 - 10/23/04 09:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

JFM wrote:
 Quote:
BTW, this is a fishing message board. Mitch has kicked a few guys off who have nothing to contribute but political dribble. I did a check of all your posts and EVERY one has to do with politics
Checking previous posts only shows RECENT posts, NOT all.
JFM nothing personal, I do enjoy your fishing reports, but when it comes to this thread you are either clueless or clearly insane.
#398208 - 10/23/04 10:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

JB,

While Mr. Clinton and those in his administration, and even the Congressional representatives you have quoted (I am referring to the quotes you have cited prior to 2000), all identified Hussein as a threat, and recognized that he had to be closely monitored and dealt with appropriately, Clinton saw that there was no clear or convincing case for going to war. Iraq did not pose a direct and immediate threat to us, and had not provoked or attacked us or any of his neighbors as of that point.

As for the quotes from Congressional dems after 9-11-01, those were all based on the flawed intel that the Bush administration was supplying them in his effort to build his case for waging a war that he and those in his administration (Cheny and Rumsfeld) wanted to wage before they were even in power. They trusted Bush and his administration and took the intel HE supplied them at face value.

"Reports indicate... " Bob Graham, et al. What reports? The reports the administration was supplying!

"...to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate , air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively... " Congressional letter to Bush.

The operative words are in bold.

"... Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

Again, intel reports supplied by the Bush administration.

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- IF NECESSARY -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"...intelligence reports show..." Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY)

Bush successfully convinced them of his case. All that proves is that he is a good liar. He fooled them all, they believed him, and now realize they were duped.

How can you condemn THEM, for trusting and believing him in the first place, and now coming back and saying, "you lied to us, Mr. President, you did not tell us the truth."?
#398209 - 10/23/04 10:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2salt

Al-Queda was either neutralized in Afghanistan, or are all tied up in Iraq fighting our military, (or BOTH! )and therefore pose no immediate or direct threat to the U.S. or the world. How many times have I heard you and others on this board, or on TV, or in print, justify the war in Iraq by saying that by fighting them THERE we are safer HERE! That argument is TOTALLY OFF THE WALL and HOLDS NO WATER WHATSOEVER!!!
Let me add some additional facts to support the point.

Quote:
Estimates by U.S. See More Rebels With More Funds
By ERIC SCHMITT and THOM SHANKER
Published: October 22, 2004

...When foreign fighters and the network of a Jordanian militant, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, are counted with home-grown insurgents, the hard-core resistance numbers between 8,000 and 12,000 people ... according to the American officials.

...This week, the International Institute for Strategic Studies in London, in releasing its annual global military survey, said perhaps 1,000 Islamic jihadists have entered Iraq to join the fight, and it estimated that it would take five years for the American military to prepare Iraqi forces to take over fully from the forces of the United States and its allies.

Lets see... 1.000 Al Qaeda foreign terrorists and 7.000 to 11.000 home-grown Iraqi insurgents are going to tie up 150,000 of the best soldiers in the world for at least 5 more years at the cost of a half billion dollars a day or so.

By going into Iraq we did not neutralized Al Qaeda. It is the other way around - Al Qaeda neutralized us.

It costs next to nothing to recruit, train, and arm an insurgent. It costs hundreds of thousands of dollars to do the same for an American combat soldier. (BTW, Dubya still owes American taxpayers a million dollars for his pilot training which was a total waste, as he never completed it.)

Quote:
Officials Fear Iraq's Lure for Muslims in Europe
By CRAIG S. SMITH and DON VAN NATTA Jr.

ARIS, Oct. 22 - France's antiterrorist police on Friday identified a young Frenchman killed fighting the United States in Iraq, the first confirmed case of what is believed to be a growing stream of Muslims heading from Europe to fight what they regard as a new holy war.

Redouane el-Hakim, 19, the son of Tunisian immigrants, died during an American bombardment of insurgents in Falluja on July 17, according to an intelligence official close to the case.

Intelligence officials fear that for a new generation of disaffected European Muslims, Iraq could become what Afghanistan, Bosnia and Chechnya were for European Islamic militants in past decades: a galvanizing cause that sends idealistic young men abroad, trains them and puts them in touch with a more radical global network of terrorists. In the past, many young Europeans who fought in those wars came back to Europe to plot terrorist attacks at home.

So you see Henry, your 'FEEL GOOD" war in Iraq, instead of becoming the killing fields for Al Qaeda terrorists, has become a new breeding ground for them and a quagmire for US.
#398210 - 10/23/04 10:18 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pete128,

Not only that, he is SCARED of me!! He's afraid because he knows I am making sense and he cannot counter my arguments. ;\)

JFM: 'OOOOOOH, WAIT TILL UNCLE MITCH GETS HOOOOOME, YOU'RE IN TROUBLLLLLLLLE!' :p

\:D
#398211 - 10/23/04 10:22 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val, Glad you're back!

I've been holding down the fort against the loyalist fascists trying to undo the Constitution and create a totalitarian dictatorship under Der Fuhrer, Georg Bush. I gotta go, hold 'em off till I can get back! ;\) \:D
Page 131 of 177 < 1 2 ... 129 130 131 132 133 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics