ctfisherman.com logo
Page 75 of 177 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397642 - 10/12/04 05:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, it's been over a half hour and nothing further from those of you who wish to attack me. I assume you have run out of ammo.

Let me know the next time you want to try to play with the "BIG DAWG"! I'm going to lay down, my back is getting sore.
Fishing Info
#397643 - 10/12/04 06:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
Well,it's comforting to know he\'s doing well.

I just don't get it \:o
#397644 - 10/12/04 06:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Nu2Salt: You just explained ALOT to me as to why you have leftist leanings.

I knew it had a core or a source, which comes out of anger. Anger toward the "system" or the "man".

Sorry, but as a State employee who can retire after 20 years, you are NOT in the real world.

What level of education have you attained?

I knew it...I knew it. Makes sense to me now.

John

#397645 - 10/12/04 07:32 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"The System" "The Man" what comes next "Are you a minority?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You use those cliche's in the same post with "What level of education has a person attained?"

Cmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmon Pope. You have much more intelligence than that. I'm not in this debate nor will I enter into it. But, when reverse ignorance kicks in.............. I've seen you do better!
#397646 - 10/12/04 07:39 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

John, you may be playing rough with nu but you read my mind. \:\)

I don't have the luxury of a fat state sponsered benefits package unfortunately. Everything I have I got myself. No one ever gave me anything.

Earlier, just before nu started calling me icecube, someone posted an article written by a NYTimes editorialist. Facts generated by a guy with an axe to grind....nice try but you'll have to a WHOLE lot better than that! \:\)

By the way....I notice that no one took up the tax issue after I burst the bubble with the facts (non NYT) I am gaining ground. \:D

I have also noticed that most here are anti Bush but not pro Kerry....in other words even though JFK is an atrocious candidate, you support him regardless of his record because he isn't GWB.
#397647 - 10/12/04 08:22 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Ice,

It is sad that Kerry's voting base is not really FOR him, they are just Against Bush. I would bet that all Bush voters are FOR Bush, not just AGAINST his opponent. Too bad that the democrats couldn't come up with a candidate that is electable or even fit for duty \:D

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397648 - 10/12/04 08:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

JonH, I'll take a piece of that bet! I'll vote for Bush, although he does'nt thrill the heck out of me. But, more than anything, I'm doing so to vote against Kerry, whom I view as a sheep in wolf's clothing. I most certainly don't view myself as "Pro" Bush.

Oh, and Dickson, in JFM's defense, he did'nt pull the terms "the man" and "the system" out of his hat. They were used in Mr. NU's posts, which have been so numerous, I'm not surprised that you missed it.

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397649 - 10/12/04 08:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Jon A Offline
retired

Sorry I couldn't oblige ya nu2, I had to get back to work. ;\)

You missed my point. Here's a scary thing- I agree with a lot of the stuff you say. There are better ways to do things. Taxes included.

My point is it's everyone's choice what they do. I chose to start saving right out of college and investing in a 401k and IRA. I go without the finer things, and spend wisely. It isn't my fault, GW's fault, democrats fault, or republican's fault you don't have money to invest. You made the choices you made. If Kerry were elected tomorrow, you wouldn't all of a sudden have money to invest. Do I feel sorry you're hurt? Of course. I wish no harm on anyone. But I don't feel sorry about decisions you've made. You're obviously a well educated person (depsite what others may say). Now cut your expenses, get a new job if need be, and start saving! Just don't blame others...

retired

#397650 - 10/12/04 08:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

Today's economy and why most of you are wrong

Here is extensive proof that the economy is BOOMING!
many of you act as if your hair is on fire when you speak of outsourcing but were you aware of "insourcing"?

Check the stats and then get out and vote republican! \:D

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Economy/wm582.cfm

Some of you won't read the whole thing but I do want you to read the conclusion;

The economy has added more than 1.5 million payroll jobs over the past year and nearly 2 million jobs on the household survey. Most indicators point towards continued growth. Output is booming, the manufacturing outlook is positive, business confidence is high, and productivity continues to set records. Even such favorites among economic pessimists like data on long-term unemployment, manufacturing employment, and worker discouragement are showing marked improvement. Unfortunately for the pessimists, these are the facts that frame the debate on the economy today.
#397651 - 10/12/04 09:03 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Baitrunner,

Regardless of where they came from. As someone who reads much of what JFM says with interest and respect. I still say he has shown more intelligence. \:\)
Page 75 of 177 < 1 2 ... 73 74 75 76 77 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics