ctfisherman.com logo
Page 132 of 177 < 1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398212 - 10/23/04 10:25 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Despite the naysing of Liberal Left, Afganistan helds ELECTIONS without major incident. I don't know if you are proud of that or not, but this is history in the making.

Iraq is ready for Elections with NATO AND UN support.

The left used to support helping nations with oppressed people that were tortured and whom lived lives of misery, such as starvation, mass killings of political enemies, systematic rape of woman, etc etc etc.....

Today, we have abolished this is Afghanistan and Iraq. We also have removed the Al Queda training camps in Afghanistan and given the people the right to live a life of Democracy.

The same will happen in Iraq. While the insurgence may appear to be growing, it is just a matter of time before they are defeated. (assuming Bush remains in office).

I am at a loss as to what it is you have a gripe with. Without a doubt Saddam had a Nuke program, chemical weapons and Bio Weapons. He had them before the Gulf War 1, was given orders to destroy them, showing Proof via the inspectors. Yet, he flaunted the fact that he would not allow the inspectors back in, violated 17 UN resolutions, and thumbed his nose at the UN.

Any reasonable person would assume that he had a reason to keep the inspectors out, especially when he offered NO evidence that they were all destroyed. The Left seems to think that we should have taken his word for it, or kept sanctions on him that clearly did NOT work. (as we know now, Saddam profitted from those UN Sanctions and it behoved him to keep them in place.)(We now know that the Germans and French benefitted too)

Saddam is not longer a threat to the US. He will never go back into power and he will NEVER have a weapons program again, period.

As for the Democracies we are creating, this is a great thing. Democracy offers opportunity for people that never before had any. They will all live better, more secure lives. Education will be available to all. People are not killed for any political reason and an environment is fostered that gives people the freedom to chose how they wish to live.

This is itself will quell the rise of Anti-American hatred that lives in the Arab world. The Westernization of these nations will bring them into the fold of the free world, and this alone will dramatically reduce the number of terrorists perched to attack us.

So tell me, how is it a bad thing that we freed Millions of people AND dramatically reduced the threat against the U.S..

I'm sorry, but I believe the Left so hates the Right that they are unwilling to admit that what has been accomplished is good for the US. They rather argue that we now should not have gone into Iraq (note the flip flop by Kerry), or that "they" would have found Osama by now.

We have freed millions of people (You used to say that was a good thing.) and destroyed major terrorists networks that were gaining strength to attack us again.(Note, over 3000 terrorists have been killed or captured since Bush's war on terrorism.)

Fishing Info
#398213 - 10/23/04 10:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
mikek06511 Offline

That's it! I have had enough of this childish crap!
Mitch is home and if he wants to continue this garbage then let him reopen it because as of right now this thread is closed!

This is the perfect example of why we don't allow politics on this board! It always turns to crap and some people have to act like idiots!
If any of you have a problem with each other than deal with it through pm's!
If you have a problem with me then don't even bother to send me anything because I won't read it!
#398214 - 10/25/04 02:06 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

Mike, as always, thanks very much for your time and help with the website.

I’ve only skimmed the latest posts in this thread, but I agree that it could use a rest.

I’ll open it up right before the election to let people get in their final words. Then, I’ll only open the site to politics when something is particularly newsworthy or directly relates to fishing.

Since the beginning, my philosophy has been to allow people to talk about what they want (within reason) provided that they come here to mainly talk about fishing. Although I share the others’ passion for politics, it’s clear that some people got way too carried away in posting on this thread.

I’ll say it again, if you’re posting more about non-fishing topics, you’ve found the wrong website.
#398215 - 10/28/04 07:49 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

This thread is re-opened.

In addition to the typical bickering and ranting from the SAME people who clearly made up their minds a long time ago, it would be interesting to hear from some NEW people -- especially those who recently made up their minds, or are still undecided.

This thread will remain open until just after the election to discuss the outcome. Then, it’s back to fishing topics.
#398216 - 10/28/04 07:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
spin Offline

Hi, I'm new here and I just discovered this political thread. I'm pretty undecided on who to elect but I think John Kerry would be the better President. Yes, I've just made up my mind -

Kerry for President.
#398217 - 10/28/04 08:04 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Spicoli Offline

Yes, me too. Kerry for Prez. Nu2Salt and Val, you don't need to type a novel every time to get your point across. I hate that a-hole just as much as you guys, though.

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
#398218 - 10/28/04 08:39 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

I am new here and F John Kerry

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#398219 - 10/28/04 09:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
bunkerrman Offline

Loc: Waterbury
Kerry actually said that he was going to end the war between Israel and Palestine! Anyone who actually believes that he can do that, is not someone I want leading this country. He scare the Begeebers out of me and I believe that more attacks on Americans and American soil are what we can expect if Kerry is elected. Wouldn't surprise me if 1) He reinstills the draft and 2) Starts talking about the armed forces in Iraq right now being "baby killers and destroyers of the innocent". If Kerry wins? God help us all. Wayne

I fish fresh and salt as well as crab.Streams,rivers,ponds,lakes,bays,oceans.I buy a license so I can keep when I am going to eat it and throw back when I am not.
#398220 - 10/28/04 09:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

LOL!

This guys "hates" Bush too.

Ya'll are in pretty good company there. ;\)
#398221 - 10/28/04 09:24 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
MarkO Offline

The number one reason why I'm voting for Kerry; If I ran my household finances like Bush runs the countries, just how long would it take to foreclose on my house, have my cars repossessed and have nonstop phone calls coming in from debt collectors?

If Bush loses next week does he stand accountable for the for the huge deficiet he created on his watch. NO!, he goes to speaking engagements that are a thousand dollar a plate affairs and that doesn't include his speaking fee, pick a nice round number, $20,000 maybe $50,000.

And who are these "FOLKS". They are the corporations that Bush has whored himself out to with stupid names like Journeymen or Countrymen or whatever foolish names he's given them if thier "contributions" are large enough. I truly am for giving big business tax breaks so they will reinvest in people, machinery, ect but that does not seem to be the case in the last four years. How many of you lost a job in the last four years? I did, laid off in Nov 2001.

Have a nice day! \:D

Don't doubt in the dark what you learned in the light.
Page 132 of 177 < 1 2 ... 130 131 132 133 134 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics