ctfisherman.com logo
Page 73 of 177 < 1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397622 - 10/12/04 02:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jon h.:
[QUOTE]That is by far, one of the most ASSININE statements I have read in this thread, thus far.
A. I thought you weren't interested in getting into a circular argument with me on the Internet?

B. I thought you were tuning me out?

C. I thought I TOLD YOU! to go back to tuning me out?!?

D. We all know that I can't be taken seriously, just ask A$$Buster!

E. I guess you are probably right, especially when compared to some of the deep, insightful, intelligant, gems of wisdom you have been gracious enough to share with us throughout this thread. Let's go back and relive just a few of those shining moments, shall we? Here are just a few selections from your "Greatest Hits":

"F John Kerry"

"F John Kerry
The man should be tried for the war crimes he committed.
Pass the ketchup"

"I don't think it really matters what sandy desert country in the middle east this war is fought at...(Personally, I think THIS by far wins The Most Assinine Award!)
Diplomacy - clearly does not work with these seventh century camel f-ers...(A very close second)
Oh yeah, F John Kerry"

"and as always, F John Kerry"

"The next time you want to wring your hands about taxes and the wealthy, ask John Edwards and John Kerry what they pay in taxes."
(Again proving, as Baitrunner did, that the tax codes and laws enacted by the wealthy, for the wealthy, and which you and others are so quick to defend, are unjust and need to be changed. Thank you for again proving me UNQUESTIONABLY CORRECT!)

"That is the same mentality Clinton used when they tried to blow up the Twin Towers the first time. The f-ing guy never bothered to look into it until years later. F JOHN KERRY"
(After the election of 2000, Clinton warned Bush that Bin Laden was his biggest security concern, but Bush felt it was Iraq, so he disregarded Clinton's warning. Time Magazine, June 2004.)

"No, liberal thinking is what is screwing up our freedom...while Ali Baba walks right past security...If it wasn't for the left, you and I would not have any worries about our freedoms being infringed upon."
(If it wasn't for those of us on the left, you wouldn't HAVE any freedoms to BE infringed upon!)

"Radical Islamic Fundementalists...We CAN stop them."
(Sure, all we have to do is walk up to every single "arab-looking" person and just ask them, "Are you a radical Islamic fundamentalist?")

"I think you are confisuing the word DIVERTED with the word EARNED."
(Or stolen! BTW, don't Kerry and Edwards earn their money the same as all the rich Republicans you are so eager to protect and defend against us evil, hateful liberals?)

"The hatred you spew is disgusting."
(Put down the mirror Jon, it's OK, we all love you anyway.
Fishing Info
#397623 - 10/12/04 02:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Covering up and suppressing is not the same. American companies knew about the hybrid technology all along."

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! This technology has existed for some time, and could have been produced much sooner, but the Auto lobby and the Oil lobby suppressed it and used political influence to do so. Can anyone think of any prominent Republican politicians who have a singificant monetary interest in Big Oil? Anyone, anyone, Buehler?

Thats' right, Ferris, GEORGE H. W. BUSH, and his sons, including but not limited to PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH!! (AKA BIG ENUS AND LITTLE ENUS)

VERY GOOD, FERRIS!

"The manufactures do not need the government to tell them to do it,"

No, but the government has had a direct hand in preventing this technology from being developed and implemented sooner, having been unduly influenced by the aforementioned BIG OIL, and the Auto industry.

"If there really was a high enough demand for super energy efficient vehicles, the manufacturers would surely build them."

The NEW winner in The Most Assinine comment category!! Congratulations, Jon, you have truly outdone yourself!

#397624 - 10/12/04 03:00 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#397625 - 10/12/04 03:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val,

I am deeply offended that you think I am too polite. ;\)

I obviously need to step my game up a notch or two. I wouldn't want to disappoint my team mates. I apologize for not carrying my weight!

How bout it, you guys on the right, do you think I've been too polite? Am I soft? Do you think I'm sweet? An easy target?

Well, if that's how it is, I'll just have to pull out my "A" game!

\:D
#397626 - 10/12/04 03:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

My bike gets all the ice cream it can eat and a box of cookies at night. Admittedly, it can't tow a boat............
#397627 - 10/12/04 03:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

My dear Baitrunner/Fievel,

You said:

"I, nor anyone else here, has any obligation, to respond to every issue within this thread;"

Especially when you stick your foot in your mouth, get cornered by facts and logic, and can't think of an intelligent reply!!!!

For all your flowery language and BS you said absolutely NOTHING of relevance, value, or substance, and STILL have failed to reconcile your condemnation of Kerry and Edwards with your defense and protection of the wealthy and the existing tax structure.

"...the "rich" do not pay their "fair share".(... by the looks of what returns have been uncovered, seems to be true...)

If nothing else I would think that you would use Kerry and Edwards as examples of WHY the tax codes need to be changed and thereby INCREASE taxes collected from the wealthy, which is what I have been saying throughout.

Kerry and Edwards KNOW they don't pay enough taxes and are willing to pay more. They know full well that they will have to do so if they are able to implement the changes they are advocating.

Nice try, just the same! ;\) \:D
#397628 - 10/12/04 03:20 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

"If there really was a high enough demand for super energy efficient vehicles, the manufacturers would surely build them."

The NEW winner in The Most Assinine comment category!! Congratulations, Jon, you have truly outdone yourself!
NO! NO! NO! NO! \:o

The ONLY winner in The Most Assinine comment category are George W. Bush - Dick Cheney when
they say they would do the Iraq war all over again and not change anything.
#397629 - 10/12/04 04:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Not to change the subject, but this seemed to fit here.

Oil just topped $54 a barrel, and some analysts are calling for $70 by January. $70 oil is $4/gallon gas and ~$3.00 heating oil.

Man, heating the house this winter and fueling the boat in the spring is going to hurt.

What are they thinking? How can the economy support this?

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#397630 - 10/12/04 04:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Jon A Offline
retired

Quote:
joh h.,

I've got a WHOLE LOT of replies coming for you, but briefly, please tell me where I can get a 10% return on my money and I will scrape every penny I can together and put it there. Hell, I've got some 3.9% credit cards, if I can get 10% I'll max them out and still make 6.1%!!

I can't WAIT to start making 10%!!!
First step is to get a job. Heck, even a part time job. Second is stop partying so you can function at 6 am. Third is get off the damn computer, you're racking up one heck of an electric bill. Fourth is invest: IRA's, 401k, stocks, bonds, etc. It's not exactly a secret science or anything.

I don't work exceptionally hard. I put in my 40 hours and go home. But I've invested in my years I've been working full time. Our house will be paid by the time I'm 38. By 50 I will be retired in Montana.

I disagree with much of what the conservatives have said on this post and lean towards Kerry at this point. But I respect those that get up in the morning, work hard, and save. Don't blame laziness on them or the president.

retired

#397631 - 10/12/04 04:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:
Not to change the subject, but this seemed to fit here.

Oil just topped $54 a barrel, and some analysts are calling for $70 by January. $70 oil is $4/gallon gas and ~$3.00 heating oil.

Man, heating the house this winter and fueling the boat in the spring is going to hurt.

What are they thinking? How can the economy support this?
Gerg, Frankly, it does'nt change the subject; in fact, it fits in rather nicely. And you're right, the economy can't take it; it's going to hurt like hell. Neither politician will be able to do much about it; the next couple of years ought to be downright interesting.

If you're a big conspiracy fan; it may be the oil companies forcing the hand of Washington to allow drilling in areas now off limits. It's times like this where I'm glad I never bought that cabin cruiser or Hummer! ;\)

Since I'm 50% heated by wood, and put more mileage on my bicycle, per week, than my auto, I'm personally somewhat insulated from this, but the general economy will take a big hit.

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Page 73 of 177 < 1 2 ... 71 72 73 74 75 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics