ctfisherman.com logo
Page 159 of 177 < 1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398482 - 11/02/04 10:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Gergie, my bud, the fat lady had yet to sing! But she may be gargling, and adjusting her bustier! I'll be whistling through the graveyard for a while, yet! ;\)

I can't believe we managed to suck the Kapt into this quagmire! Welcome aboard, me hearty! Argh......

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Fishing Info
#398483 - 11/02/04 10:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Ahh, the old valley of death thing. Been there, done that. Not my favorite route. Good luck.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398484 - 11/02/04 10:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Ja, how does that old ditty go?

Micheal Moore's to the left of me;
McAuliffe's to the right,
Into the Valley of Death
Rode the Republicans

Galloping, galloping.....

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398485 - 11/02/04 10:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry bait runner, just found the site today.
Like the say on the X-Files ...the truth is out there..who ever wins ...they need the votes in the house,and senate, to run their agendas.
#398486 - 11/02/04 10:24 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Toppie, My consolation prize may well end up being that the Repub's will still control the House, and perhaps, Odin willing, the Senate. Hence, Kerry will have to compromise and be somewhat weaker.

But, if Kerry has coattails.......

#398487 - 11/02/04 10:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Jon S. Offline

Loc: Clinton
Well I just waited over 1 hour to vote in Clinton. They only had 10 booths for the whole town. Lines out the door and around the parking lot. But it was still worth it. I kept telling myself that in some parts of the world, people would die for this opportunity. I hope everyone was able to get out and vote.

Fish On!
#398488 - 11/02/04 10:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Gentlemen, ALL of you!

It has been a pleasure discussing our political landscape with ALL of you. My deepest respect and highest regards to ALL of you.

It's all over but the counting (almost).

May the next four years be safe and prosperous for ALL of us.

Gerg, I'd take you up on your fishing invite, I'd love to meet you and fish together, but we found out over the weekend that my 76 year old mother-in-law has cancer in her bones (she's a breast cancer survivor of 33 years of remission) and I'm on duty tomorrow to take her to the Dr. and such.

No mother-in-law jokes, please, (not that I think for a second that anyone would be that low) I've known my wife and her family since I was 15 and I love my mother-in-law like she were my own mother. The woman is a saint.

Anyway, HAPPY ELECTION DAY EVERYONE!

GO KERRY!

Regards fellers,

Jim
#398489 - 11/02/04 10:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Salt, my 81 y.o. father in-law just passed away after being diagnosed with cancer last march. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Good luck with it.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398490 - 11/02/04 11:20 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Once again, I must heartily recommend the NY Times website for up-to-date elction results for all the states, Presidency, Senate, and House races. Phenomenal site.

http://www.nytimes.com/ref/elections2004/2004President.html

Found another great site for returns. This one has all of the above, plus referrenda results. (I'm following #1 in Maine.)

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=index2&cid=1238

#398491 - 11/02/04 11:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

That is sad news Nu2Salt.
Even though things got a little heated in this thread we should all be happy that we have an oppertunity to express ourselves. No matter who wins, we can all find common ground in our fishing hobby, and put our political differences aside.
May the best man win (and that would be Kerry of course).
Page 159 of 177 < 1 2 ... 157 158 159 160 161 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics