ctfisherman.com logo
Page 81 of 177 < 1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397702 - 10/13/04 03:39 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

K.C.

Just defending myself here, just defending myself. JFM has repeatedly baited me, insulted me, analyzed my motivations, attacked me personally, accused me of hating the wealthy, on and on, even after I defended him when someone else, a good friend of mine in fact, made a remark I felt was out of bounds. BR also has made ethnic slurs and insulted and offended Val. But if we fight fire with fire, everyone wants to call the fire department! Don't start any fires in the first place, and you won't have that problem. I may have attacked someone's VIEWS or OPINIONS but I have not attacked the PERSON voiceing them, even when I was called a traitor and a communist.

Gimme a break! What goes around comes around! He got what he asked for, and what he deserved. Boo freakin' Hoo! Turnabout is fair play, I can't help it if I'm better at it than he is!
Fishing Info
#397703 - 10/13/04 03:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know Mitch started this thread, as the ONLY political thread allowed, but isn't there a Moderator with the Balls to shut this topic down?

He can always re-open it when he gets back?
#397704 - 10/13/04 04:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
richard4878 Offline

[QUOTE][QB] Originally posted by nu2salt:
richard4878:

The answer to your direct and simple question is NO! I am not either! On that I certainly agree. But again, we have to guard against throwing out the baby with the bath water. It is not so simple to determine who is and is not willing to work. People should be given a fair and reasonable opportunity to prove wether or not they are or are not willing to work before we condemn them and withhold assistance and support or invest in them and their future. [QB] [QUOTE]

So when do you think the line for assistance should be drawn? Im just curious?

[QUOTE]As for my spinning what your said, why should you be different. Look what others have done to what I have contributed![QUOTE]

I never spun anything you said. I was trying to understand your way of thinking by having an intelligent pollitical conversation with you but you twisted my words around to try to make me look like an A$$

[QUOTE]As for race, the simple reality here is that there are far more minorities as a percentage in that lower 70% than there are in the top 30%, and wether or not you recognize it, or even share that sentiment, alot of the socio economic bias in this country is deeply rooted in racism.[QUOTE]

Again, no matter if your green, blue, orange or purple, if you dont choose to work and youre able to work your a freeloader. If thats racism I guess im guilty of it :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17 foot sundance skiff with 50hp jhonson.
#397705 - 10/13/04 04:13 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rich4878,

I do owe you an apology for being overly zealous in my reply. I'm sorry if I attacked you, and you are correct, while you and I have disagreed, you are not one of those who has attacked me on any kind of personal level. It was not my intention to twist your words and make you look like an a$$.

"Some translation does get lost on internet boards so I may have came off nastier then I meant to." Likewise, I am sure.

Please accept my apology for taking my feelings towards others here who have not been able to engage in an intelligent political debate and agree to disagree respectfully, as you have, out on you.

I understand and share your concern about govt. handouts to those who will not do anything to help themselves. Again, somehow, we must achieve a delicate balance. Where do we draw that line? I guess I don't really know, if I did, I'd be running for President instead of Kerry!

Again, my apologies to you for any offense I have caused you.

Regards,

Jim
#397706 - 10/13/04 05:11 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Come on everybody and take a deep breath and slowly back away from the keyboard for awhile.This has been a fun thread to read and contribute to but the tone has gotten nasty on both sides in the last few pages.Lets all take it easy,PLEASE?
#397707 - 10/13/04 05:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

#397708 - 10/13/04 05:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buck,

"They both have had special treatment and both have some level of warts but it is not an issue either should have made a campaign highlite because it is fraught with misinformation"

On that much I certainly can agree with you.

However, I personally have a bigger problem with Bush's service record than with Kerry's. Be that as it may...

I wish to thank you for your advice and suggestions regarding my back and my retirement. I do recognize and understand the importance, necessity, and value of saving for one's retirement, but as I said, up to this point I have honestly done the best I could. And it wasn't always easy. But I know full well that I must begin to put away some money, sooner rather than later, and not rely on my state pension and social security to be enough. Thank you again, I do respect your wisdom and experience.

Finally, I also wish to thank you for your words of support regarding my job. I am accustomed to being disparaged and unappreciated. In my line of work we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Thank you again for your acknowledgement and understanding of what I posted on this subject.

Respectfully,

Jim
#397709 - 10/13/04 05:26 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Flag Up, Well said, I apologize for my part in all of that, you are absolutely right. Thank you for stepping in with your perspective. I will step aside for an extended period, and let cooler heads prevail.

Kevin: LMAO!!
#397710 - 10/13/04 05:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2salt:
JFM:

Second, as a State employee who can retire after 20 years... of being motherf***ed, spit at, kicked, punched, choked, held over for double shifts, work weekends and holidays, work 2nd and 3rd shifts, I FREAKIN EARN AND DESERVE EVERYTHING I GET, INCLUDING MY 20 YEAR RETIREMENT, JUST THE SAME AS YOU, JOE SALESMAN! I HELP TO EDUCATE AND REHABILITATE KIDS THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN REACH OR HANDLE, INCLUDING THEIR PARENTS, THE SCHOOLS, THE POLICE, THE COURTS, PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL PLACEMENTS, PSYCHIATRISTS, PSYCHOLOGISTS; EXACTLY WTF USEFUL, MEANINGFUL SERVICE DO YOU SUPPLY TO OUR SOCIETY? HOW DOES WHAT YOU DO BENEFIT ANYONE !
I agree that you are entitled to all that you have and that you have truly earned it.

I also admire your tenacity in defending your benefits and earnings when attacked.

I cannot however reconcile this apt, however explosive, tirade with your position that the top teir earners give up THEIR hard earned wealth! It would appear your hypocrisy that knows no bounds

It seems to me you are making moral value judgements about the worth of an individuals labor. A social services employee is more enititled to their gains than a venture capitalist?

We are indeed a capitalist society, and the "realities" are abundently clear. The folks at the University majoring in social servcies, education and the like aren't going around talking about how rich they will end up. And for the most part I don't find them to be surprised later in life when thay are comfortable middle class citizens with no ill will toward those who have chosen higher paying career paths.

You talk about conservatives tying religion to politics. You are evaluating someones worth to society by equating the service they provide in their chosen line of work to their value? Sounds like "easier for a camel to fit through the eye of a needle...." Not exactly a secular point of view.

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#397711 - 10/13/04 05:37 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Dble Haul Offline

Now I remember why I don't get involved in threads like these.

Geez.... :rolleyes:

Mark
Page 81 of 177 < 1 2 ... 79 80 81 82 83 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics