ctfisherman.com logo
Page 137 of 177 < 1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398262 - 10/29/04 08:36 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch P.:

... You sir, are delusional. Your lengthy posts are indicative of that. That statement is just plain stupid. Yeah, Bush goes to bed every night thinking, "Gee, I’m so glad we’re at war now. It brings me such a happy cheery feeling."

Thank God this thread was closed for a while to give you (and us) a break. Your left-wing ranting became unreadable.
Mitch,

First let me tell you that YOU ARE DELUSIONAL , as in 'not based in reality'.

Nu2salt offers you reality and you reject it because you are blinded by your right wing ideology.

Now on the subject of Bush's love for war:

Quote:
Every morning President Bush reads a devotional from "My Utmost for His Highest," a collection of homilies by a Protestant minister named Oswald Chambers, who lived a century ago. As Mr. Bush explained in an interview broadcast on Tuesday on Fox News, reading Chambers is a way for him "on a daily basis to be in the Word."

But what exactly does God want? Chambers gives little substantive advice. There is no great stress on Jesus' ethical teaching - not much about loving your neighbor or loving your enemy. (And Chambers doesn't seem to share Isaiah's hope of beating swords into plowshares. "Life without war is impossible in the natural or the supernatural realm.") But the basic idea is that, once you surrender to God, divine guidance is palpable. "If you obey God in the first thing he shows you, then he instantly opens up the next truth to you," Chambers writes.

And you shouldn't let your powers of reflection get in the way. Chambers lauds Abraham for preparing to slay his son at God's command without, as the Bible put it, conferring "with flesh and blood." Chambers warns: "Beware when you want to 'confer with flesh and blood' or even your own thoughts, insights, or understandings - anything that is not based on your personal relationship with God. These are all things that compete with and hinder obedience to God."

Once you're on the right path, setbacks that might give others pause needn't faze you. As Chambers noted in last Sunday's reading, "Paul said, in essence, 'I am in the procession of a conqueror, and it doesn't matter what the difficulties are, for I am always led in triumph.' " Indeed, setbacks may have a purpose, Chambers will tell Mr. Bush this Sunday: "God frequently has to knock the bottom out of your experience as his saint to get you in direct contact with himself." Faith "by its very nature must be tested and tried."

Some have marveled at Mr. Bush's refusal to admit any mistakes in Iraq other than "catastrophic success." But what looks like negative feedback to some of us - more than 1,100 dead Americans, more than 10,000 dead Iraqi civilians and the biggest incubator of anti-American terrorists in history - is, through Chambers's eyes, not cause for doubt. Indeed, seemingly negative feedback may be positive feedback, proof that God is there, testing your faith, strengthening your resolve.

This, I think, is Mr. Bush's optimism: In the longest run, divinely guided decisions will be vindicated, and any gathering mountains of evidence to the contrary may themselves be signs of God's continuing involvement. It's all good.

Source: Faith, Hope and Clarity By ROBERT WRIGHT
So you are right Mitch. As you said - Yeah, Bush goes to bed every night thinking, "Gee, I’m so glad we’re at war now. It brings me such a happy cheery feeling."

And if you are still not persuaded that Bush loves war then read this.

Two years before 9/11, candidate Bush was already talking privately about attacking Iraq, according to his former ghost writer

Quote:

“He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999,” said author and journalist Mickey Herskowitz. “It was on his mind. He said to me: ‘One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.’ And he said, ‘My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.’ He said, ‘If I have a chance to invade….if I had that much capital, I’m not going to waste it. I’m going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I’m going to have a successful presidency.”
Fishing Info
#398263 - 10/29/04 09:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch can I have my yawn smiley now please. One committing suicide would be helpful to.
#398264 - 10/29/04 09:36 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
stripermanofsteel Offline
If i'm not here I'm fishing

Loc: Southington, Westbrook (boat
Mitch you said:
No one will have civil rights if our country is destroyed. I could care less. If they feel violated from the search, they’ll get over it.

That is downright wrong and a generality that has no place is a FREE society such as America alot of these people you say have no care for their rights came to America to get away from persecution such as we are doing to them now. HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF AMERICAN if you believe in that trivial BS you spew about a people, due to religion or race, that have just as many rights as you and in turn are PROUD to call themselves AMERICANS from the LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE. Our forefathers fought for that freedom, my grandfather fought for that freedom and so did a hell of a lot of other Americans.

This country was founded on freedom of a lot of things including RELIGION, but freedom to persecute WAS NOT ONE OF THEM. Another CONSTITUTIONAL LAW in America is CIVIL RIGHTS, which were are not giving to people because they are from the Middle East or believe in a religion, that does not give ANYONE the right to take away their CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS. With this un"Patriot Act" we are closer to Marshall Law then we as a country have ever been and it scares the hell out me as it should everyone else who isn't brainwashed by the drivel running out of our President and Vice President's mouth. He has lied about a lot of things which should be obvious to anyone who watches the news or who can read (or are all the instances and reasons he gave for the war that have been disproven; or are the just manipulated, edited and computer genarated) that he has lied MULTIPLE times and and IS NOT TO BE TRUSTED and to top it off he's NOT EVEN THE GUY WHO GOT THE MOST VOTES
#398265 - 10/29/04 11:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Not to interrupt yet another fact filled discussion, but...

What Brain-Dead MORON decided to hold an improptu rally for 5 million people three days before the election?

I mean really, should we just print up invitations and hand out strap on bomb kits as well? Oh, they will clear the streets of cars, and have all the mailboxes removed, and weld the manholes shut - yeah right. Like they will have the time or manpower.

What are they thinking?

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398266 - 10/30/04 12:45 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Gergie, What did I miss here? First I've heard of this rally. Sounds like one heck of a party! Would'nt mind having the Evian concession for that blowout!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398267 - 10/30/04 12:51 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Baitie, it's the red sox parade tomorrow.

Original estimates were for up to three milliuon people, now estmated at closer to 5 million unless t-storms arrive.

I don't mind a good parade, even for the sox, but it would seem prudent to just shift it out a week. It's not like people will be any less enthusiastic, but the motivation to disrupt the elections will be gone.

#398268 - 10/30/04 01:01 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Rather impromptu gathering. I'd be real surprised if anything terror related was to occur. Should be fine. Reckon thats just 5 million less for Piketoberfest!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398269 - 10/30/04 01:21 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Hope you are right, but what a tempting target. No way they can secure the route.

I worry as much about the radical right as foreign terrorists with the election being so close and tempers being so high.

#398270 - 10/30/04 01:51 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val and Stripermanofsteel,

WTG guys! Well done!

Mitch,

Welcome back, and congratulations on your nuptials! Very well written post. Wrong, of course, but very well written! (And you're not completely wrong, there are some things you state that I agree with.... I think..... maybe not.....

I of course intend to reply, but I haven't the time at present.

In the meantime, enjoy this link. Bush supporters will probably enjoy it more than Kerry supporters. Definitely a good laugh!

Cheers!

http://www.flowgo.com/funpages/view.cfm/6019
#398271 - 10/30/04 02:33 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:
Hope you are right, but what a tempting target. No way they can secure the route.

I worry as much about the radical right as foreign terrorists with the election being so close and tempers being so high.
Well, somethings running high, but it sure as blazes is'nt tempers, yet. (Wait for the post-election recounts for that!) Gerg, usually your a most reasonable sort; this paranoia is most unlike you!

C'mon, Boston isn't going to be a new "Grassy Knoll". Relax; have a Sam Adams; enjoy the festivities; it's been a long time coming. But that "Radical right" crack, is a real stretch. C'mon, are we going to have to add your name to the "needs Thorazine NOW" list? ;\)

Although, it does bring me back to a query none of the Libs wants to touch with a ten foot pole: If there is such a thing as the "Radical Right", "right-wing wacko "Extremists", and "Right-wing idealists", than what is the converse; i.e. what would one consider to be a "left-wing extremist", "Radical-left", etc.

(Remember, there can be no Ying without Yang!)

Val said,
 Quote:
Nu2salt offers you, (Mitch), reality and you reject it because you are blinded by your right wing ideology
Once again the duplicitious hypocrisy of the Left rears its ugly head! So, let me get this straight: We "Right-wing wacko Neo-con "Extremists" are "blinded" by idealogy, but you "lefties" are not? \:o

Mitchie-poo,, et al, HOW DARE YOU, (To plagerize Mr. Striper's semi-lucid diatribe ;\) ), reject "reality", and the "facts". :rolleyes:

The stridency of the Left's arguements never ceases to amaze me; apparently only the Left has a monopoly on the "Truth", we "Righties" are mere dupes to whomever or whatever, totally incapable of rational, cognizant thought and opinion. \:o

Jimmy Carter's Christian faith was a good thing, and John Kerry's Christian faith "guidings" are a positive, but President Bush's Christian faith is somehow an abomination? Am I the only one troubled by this convoluted, twisted "logic"? \:o

I leave it to any non-involved lurkers, to be the judge of what is posted here. We who engage in this written slug-fest, are not the best judges of the "truth".

I shall part with one, last salient point. As a Libertarian, neither the Left nor the Right has virtually anything I want. Aside from minimal taxes for basic protective services, I've no desire to be in anyone's pockets, nor to tell anyone how to live, worship, think, speak, or share a boudoir with. I've no monopoly on "truth", "facts", or "reality", but I've the courage and humility to admit it. Pity, the extremists of both political ilks can't say the same! Especially, for the present, the "nuttier than a Payday" "Neo-coms"!

Page 137 of 177 < 1 2 ... 135 136 137 138 139 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics