ctfisherman.com logo
Page 120 of 177 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398092 - 10/19/04 08:04 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kevin,

I read your second article as well. EXCELLANT piece!

I totally agree with the author about the Bush Presidency. 100%!

However, while I don't believe for a second that Kerry is a genius or a saint, I believe the author underestimates him, and underestimates what a Kerry Presidency may look like after 4 years, and underestimates Kerry's ability to get reelected.

At least I hope so!

Regards,

Jim
Fishing Info
#398093 - 10/19/04 08:06 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Den,

Great post, long, but great!

Den just surpassed me for the longest post on record!!
#398094 - 10/19/04 08:13 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

TV at it's worst or finest,Jon Stewart vs. Tucker Carlson on crossfire. web page I think everyone will get a kick out of it.
#398095 - 10/19/04 08:39 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Den,

I just read that entire article. And I think I am more frightened than ever!

Early on, the article reminded me of "The Emporer's New Clothes". Then, the latter portions just chilled me with the religious zealotry and the disdain for those of us who are "reality-based". Very scary stuff.

That dovetails very well with the link that Kevin B posted. Striking consistency. And again, very scary.

Thanks for posting that.

Regards,

Jim

KERRY/EDWARDS!!
#398096 - 10/19/04 08:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Val on October 17, 2004 12:18 PM :
Without a Doubt
By RON SUSKIND
Here is the link to the rest of the article.
DEN and nu2salt,

You had 2 days to read this gem and you just found it. How dare you?!

Our 'God, Country and Dubya' crowd didn't want to debate the devastating truth of the article. So they hush-hushed it for all of you.
\:o \:o
#398097 - 10/19/04 09:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val,

I read the excerpts that you posted! I was impressed, I'm sorry I didn't give you an atta boy!!

I feel terrible!

I'm so sorry!

Forgive me, Comrade!

;\) \:D
#398098 - 10/19/04 09:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

nu2salt,

I accept your worshipful groveling.

On a more serious note. Here is one of the more scary excerpts:

Quote:
... The crowd went wild, and they went wild again when the president finally arrived and gave his stump speech. There were Bush's periodic stumbles and gaffes, but for the followers of the faith-based president, that was just fine. They got it -- and ''it'' was the faith.

And for those who don't get it? That was explained to me in late 2002 by Mark McKinnon, a longtime senior media adviser to Bush, who now runs his own consulting firm and helps the president. He started by challenging me. ''You think he's an idiot, don't you?'' I said, no, I didn't. ''No, you do, all of you do, up and down the West Coast, the East Coast, a few blocks in southern Manhattan called Wall Street. Let me clue you in. We don't care. You see, you're outnumbered 2 to 1 by folks in the big, wide middle of America, busy working people who don't read The New York Times or Washington Post or The L.A. Times. And you know what they like? They like the way he walks and the way he points, the way he exudes confidence. They have faith in him. And when you attack him for his malaprops, his jumbled syntax, it's good for us. Because you know what those folks don't like? They don't like you!'' In this instance, the final ''you,'' of course, meant the entire reality-based community.

Now I understand why some ****** on this site hate us! We are 'reality-based' and for 'them' it is a cardinal sin.
#398099 - 10/19/04 10:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Scary, and sad, but painfully TRUE!

Val, I'm not kidding, I am really scared of this man and his inner circle. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Ashcroft, and others whose names we probably don't even know.

I was NOT kidding, I was deadly serious, when earlier today I posted that there are already voting problems and irregularities springing up. I am very concerned that efforts to sabatoge this election could result in the entire election being invalid and void. What will happen then? How long can Bush postpone a fair and decisive election? What might the populist response be?

This is not at all funny or far fetched. November 2nd, 2004, will be an interesting day in our history, to say the least. I hope that no matter what, the result is clear and decisive. But I can't see how that is possible with each candidate currently getting 45% of likely voters. It's a dead heat and will be every bit as close, or closer, than 2000. Who would ever have thought that we could ever be in this position?
#398100 - 10/19/04 10:32 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

good website on voting and voting reform: http://www.electionline.org/index.jsp
#398101 - 10/19/04 10:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Nu2, I believe what would happen if for some reason the electoral process broke down and couldn't be certified by Jan 1, the house of reps would elect the president and the senate would elect the vp. I'd have to go back and reread article 2, but I think thats what it sais.

In reality, there are as many as six floridas shaping up in this election. Every one could be a messy set of legal battles. January first is a hard deadline.

Even if it goes to congress, it would still be a stolen election since the republicans control both houses. If they cheat, and don't get caught, they win. If they cheat, and get caught, the process breaks, it goes to congress, and they still win. Game over.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
Page 120 of 177 < 1 2 ... 118 119 120 121 122 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics