ctfisherman.com logo
Page 108 of 177 < 1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397972 - 10/18/04 04:00 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val: My Inter-Stellar E-Mail system crashed again.

What solar system are you from....., or do your thoughts emanate from a vacuous cloud not within a specific system?
Fishing Info
#397973 - 10/18/04 04:07 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

K.C.

Why don't you ask JFM the same question? You seem to be 'fair and balanced'.
#397974 - 10/18/04 04:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

Val, I absolutely guarantee that I am correct and you have no way to prove me wrong because you have no info other than posting ******** articles from left wing liberal apologists. Your intellectual dishonesty relegates you to being perpetually irrelevant. No one takes you seriously. I am truly embarrassed for you.
#397975 - 10/18/04 04:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

ouch

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397976 - 10/18/04 04:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

cup holders?
#397977 - 10/18/04 04:22 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
You guys need to chill out.............

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#397978 - 10/18/04 04:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
you guys need to save some of those insults for the "Mitch P Roast" thread - click here

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#397979 - 10/18/04 04:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Buck:
Val, I absolutely guarantee that I am correct and you have no way to prove me wrong because you have no info other than posting ******** articles from left wing liberal apologists. Your intellectual dishonesty relegates you to being perpetually irrelevant. No one takes you seriously. I am truly embarrassed for you.
Buck, I absolutely guarantee that I am correct and you have no way to prove me wrong because you have no info other than posting ******** opinions from right wing conservative apologists. Your intellectual dishonesty relegates you to being perpetually irrelevant. No one takes you seriously. I am truly embarrassed for you.
#397980 - 10/18/04 04:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buck: Print it backwards next time, and see if his little trick works..... \:D
#397981 - 10/18/04 04:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jon A,

I meant to reply to you sooner, but I had bigger fish to fry. But I need to address this with you because I felt very disrespected and insulted, and that you were off base and out of line:

Quote:
Originally posted by Jon A:
Sorry I couldn't oblige ya nu2, I had to get back to work. ;\)

You missed my point. Here's a scary thing- I agree with a lot of the stuff you say. There are better ways to do things. Taxes included.

My point is it's everyone's choice what they do.
I do not disagree with what you are saying, it IS everyone's choice what they do. But you somehow fail to see that some people have far more choices than others, and that some have far less choices than others. I think you may be a prime example of this statement: Privilege is invisible to those by whom it is enjoyed.

I think we can do better for those less privileged, less fortunate than we, and less fortunate than I. It is not ME that I am worried about, I am doing very well, really!

Quote:

I chose to start saving right out of college and investing in a 401k and IRA. I go without the finer things, and spend wisely.
Many people never get the chance to go to college. Many people never get that choice to make. Many people have to choose between buying milk and bread, and saving in a 401k or an IRA, never mind the finer things. I know, because I have been there. I am not there now, because I worked hard, and sacrificed, and struggled to rise above, and I have definitely succeeded.

My wife and I have been married for 23 years, have 3 great kids, make just shy of six figures, we have a nice house, 2 decent vehicles, and live comfortably. None of my ideology is designed to benefit me personally. I am where I am in my life, I got myself here, I don't need, want, or ask for anything more, from anyone.

Quote:

It isn't my fault, GW's fault, democrats fault, or republican's fault you don't have money to invest. You made the choices you made. If Kerry were elected tomorrow, you wouldn't all of a sudden have money to invest.
I never said it was anyone elses fault, nor have I blamed anyone for the choices I made, nor have I complained about my own lot, or my own financial position. I readily accept personal responsibility and accountability for my choices. I have never regretted my choices. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT ME! I am talking about the 70% of those in this country who do not have it as good as I do, who have not had the choices and opportunities I have had, who do not live as well as I do, or you do. I am not asking for anything for myself from Kerry or Bush, nor do I expect to get anything from Kerry or Bush.

And I am NOT talking about having money to invest! Christ, you really ARE out of touch with that lower 70%! Do you think that is their biggest problem? Not having money to INVEST? I am talking about SHELTER, FOOD, CLOTHING, HEALTHCARE, EDUCATION..... money to invest? Money to invest is a LUXURY by comparison to what I am advocating for those 70% of our peers. I'm talking about money to LIVE!! Have you ever heard of the HIERARCHY OF NEEDS? Money to invest is WAY down on that list of priorities. People like you have had it too easy, and too good, for too long! You have NO CLUE what other people in this country go through while you and I worry about MONEY TO INVEST!!! Holy Smokes!!!! It's worse than I thought!!!

Quote:

Do I feel sorry you're hurt? Of course. I wish no harm on anyone. But I don't feel sorry about decisions you've made. You're obviously a well educated person (depsite what others may say). Now cut your expenses, get a new job if need be, and start saving! Just don't blame others...
I have not asked for, nor do I want, or need, anyone's sympathy,nor have I blamed anyone for anything. BTW, while I am out hurt I am collecting my full pay, plus it is tax exempt money, (I take home more on comp than I do when I'm working!) so that is not a factor in my views, and I again, clearly don't need anyone to feel sorry for me. So save your sympathy for someone who needs and deserves it. My being out is temporary, I should be back by the end of the month, and it has no impact on the ideas I espouse. You are way off base.

I don't want nor expect you or anyone else to feel bad for the decisions I made, AND I DON'T REGRET THEM, EITHER! This was NEVER about ME! But JFM, and you, and others MADE IT SO! I am NOT talking about ME, I am talking about the 70% of this country that does not have it as good as me, or you, or others on the board.

Since I have raised and supported a family for the past 23 years, I really don't want or need any financial advice from you, but thank you just the same. I know very well what I have to do, and how I have to do it, and BTW as a State employee, I certainly don't need to get a new or different job. Where would you come up with something like that, and do you realize how condescending, insulting, and disrespectful that comes across?

I have an EXCELLANT job, I am highly paid, I have great benies, including health, dental, and group life, very generous sick, vacation, and holiday benefits, and a very lucrative 20 year retirement benefit, as well as a very lucrative, voluntary, tax deferred compensation savings plan.

Who do you think you are to presume or pretend that you know thing one about me or my financial situation and that you are qualified to give me personal advice? Nothing I have expressed on this thread has anything to do with me complaining about my own situation or looking to benefit myself at all.

I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN WHAT IS BEST FOR THE COUNTRY AS A WHOLE, AND SPECIFICALLY WHAT IS BEST FOR THE MAJORITY OF OUR FELLOW AMERICANS, INSTEAD OF WHAT IS BEST FOR THE FEW AND THE VERY WEALTHY.

I apologize for coming on a little strong, but I really needed to address this with you, because I felt very disrespected and very insulted by what you posted. You don't know me well enough, or anything about my financial situation, to be qualified to make those remarks, and you were out of line.

I have heard very good things about you from Spunfisher, and I'd like to meet and fish with you. I hope we can put this behind us and perhaps get together in person and shake hands and go fishing.

Sincerely,

Jim
Page 108 of 177 < 1 2 ... 106 107 108 109 110 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics