ctfisherman.com logo
Page 171 of 177 < 1 2 ... 169 170 171 172 173 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398602 - 11/04/04 04:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Spicoli Offline

KC, do you have any left?

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
Fishing Info
#398603 - 11/04/04 05:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Nu2.your post on the last page was well thought out and put together.Baitrunner,I agree hillary looks like the front runner for the dems in 08,I also like barrok obama from illinois, but I disagree on the agenda moving to the center.I think they need to define themselves better.Bubba got elected with a progressive agenda something kerry didnt have.The differences between kerrys and bushs agenda werent that different on the major issues.After 4 more years of the bush agenda were going to need some progressive ideas to get this country back on its feet.McCain is also a great centrist candidate,too bad he wasnt the nominee.I saw him on tv today and he looked very presdential.It should be interesting in 4 years,I hope were all hear to debate it.

It has been fun reading and posting in this thread.With the exception off a few closed minds I have respect for most of views expressed here.Its been a pleasure.
#398604 - 11/04/04 05:11 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

I didn't know this post was re-opened until now (been super busy). All I want to say is that this victory is exactly what I (and JFM and others) mean when I said liberalism needs to be defeated. Even Democratic analysts and former Democrats, such as Giuliani, have said that the party is too far-left from the typical American family, and its association with Hollywood is unhealthy. It is as if the party has been sticking to the same ideas and carrying out the same political moves but meeting the same reuslts in the 2000, 2002, and 2004 elections.

The mutated form of liberalism of today continues to evolve into a confusing, counterproductive concept. Now, with that being said, liberalism is healthy if it is not so extreme; when trees become a more focal issue than unborn babies; when rewarding those due to race outpaces rewarding those due to their performance level; and when insulting our President surpasses criticism of our enemies.

What we should do is set our differences aside. Kerry's performance was admirable and he really gave Bush and his supporters a run for his money. If Kerry had won I'd be saying the same thing. I must admit that actually felt bad for Kerry (did I just say that) during his concession speech. Therefore being a sore loser and complaining about the outcome will be counterproductive now.

Since this political post will close tomorrow I just want to thank those who voted for Bush. Some of you already know this( Alex T, JFM, ABROWN), so excuse me for repeating myself, but I signed on as a Bush volunteer in January, and between May and July was ranked 9th in THE WHOLE UNITED STATES for signing up the most people via e-mails. Thanks again.

Do French fish flee at the sight of lures?
#398605 - 11/04/04 05:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Henry,

I can appreciate your concern for unborn babies, in light of how directly it affects you since you are of child bearing age. It's comforting to know that when you get pregnant you will do the right thing and bring your fetus to full term and give birth to a healthy baby boy or girl (or republican). :p ;\) \:D

All kidding aside, it was fun debating with you, Henry. Good luck in school, and let us know when you get your date to join the military. I will definitely want to meet you and buy you a drink and wish you well before you ship out. Stay safe.

Regards,

Jim

P.S. Henry, I can understand what you are saying about the Dems coming across as too far left to engage the mainstream American family. I don't think we need to change our issues, but rather find a more effective way to frame them and communicate them. I tend to agree with Flag as to the Dems "defining" themselves better.

And BTW, we WON in 2000! But FloriDUH f'ed everything up, and the Supreme Court didn't let them finish the job of unf***ing the count. ;\) \:D
#398606 - 11/04/04 05:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Late edit to my reply to K.C. on the last page.

I erroneously said "...gays.... should be ignored."

That came across wrong. My bad.

What I meant to say is, they should be respected as fellow human beings and Americans, and left alone. They are no threat to marriage, or heterosexuality, or our "morals".

They are already doing their thing (or each others "thing" \:D ) and will continue to do so regardless. We should stop wasting our time and effort trying to exclude them from mainstream America. They're here, they're (pardon the expression) 'queer', they're gay, and here to stay. Leave 'em alone, mind your own.

Live and let live.
#398607 - 11/04/04 05:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
fuzzy2u Offline

You guys just passed 1700 posts on this thread.
You've only got another 26 hours left to break the 2000 post milestone.

Fuzzy
#398608 - 11/04/04 05:55 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

We all know I've done my part!!! \:D \:D :p
#398609 - 11/04/04 06:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

T.K., You just answered your own question. I think it was the Schilling endorsement that put Bush over the top. ;\) \:D

Baitrunner, Hillary/Obama you outta yo damn mind? \:D I would love to see that ticket lose all 50 states. Talk about a mandate. The country would be redder than China after it was all colored in with Republican victories with Russerts red sharpie. I think you will see a moderate, blue dog like Evan Bayh. Edwards is in there somewhere maybe, another Governor of some sort,etc Senators hardly ever win. I think Terry McAuliffe will be given his walking papers, because that party is done under his leadership.

I hope McCain runs again for the Repubs, but he may be to old at that point. Giuliani will run, but country mice, don't like city mice, and at that point he will be officeless and 10 years removed from 9-11.

We will see.
#398610 - 11/04/04 07:18 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Kevin, I'm not saying what I'd LIKE to see; only what the Dems might LIKE to see, or are mulling over.

I believe your analysis to be 100% correct. It would be a Terry McAullife dream ticket. Since Terry's been all but totally discredited at this point, Christine Van Der Hovven's(?) protestations aside, a middle-of-the-road Evan Bayh is a potential winner. Edwards? Still probably too liberal; but a great personality. Good call!

Flag-up, The litmus test from the Dems has to be whether or not their candidates can be elected from the Red states; the "Progressive" agenda is a real problem in "Fly-Over Land".

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398611 - 11/04/04 07:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Spicoli Offline

It'll be interesting to see how far in debt we'll be after four more years of this retarded war. Forget a politician next time around, I'll vote for an accountant.

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
Page 171 of 177 < 1 2 ... 169 170 171 172 173 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics