ctfisherman.com logo
Page 118 of 177 < 1 2 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398072 - 10/19/04 04:52 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

I stand corrected. This ran on AP as well as several other news sources.

Former GOP consultant pleads guilty to jamming Democratic phones on Election Day

Thursday, July 1, 2004

Printable Version
Email This Article

(07-01) 12:14 PDT CONCORD, N.H. (AP) --

The former head of a Republican consulting group has pleaded guilty to jamming Democratic telephone lines in several New Hampshire cities on Election Day two years ago.

The jamming involved more than 800 computer-generated calls and lasted for about 11/2 hours on Nov. 5, 2002, the day voters decided several races, including a close Senate contest between outgoing Gov. Jeanne Shaheen and GOP Rep. John E. Sununu, who won by fewer than 20,000 votes.

The lines that were jammed were set up so voters could call for rides to the polls. Democrats say the jamming was an organized, statewide effort that may have even affected the outcome of some local races.

"There is, short of murder, not much that is more horrific in America than purposely trying to stop people from voting," said Raymond Buckley, vice chairman of the state Democratic Party. "I do not believe this investigation should stop until every single person who had knowledge of this and paid for this is prosecuted."

Allen Raymond, former president of the Virginia-based GOP Marketplace, pleaded guilty Wednesday in federal court to conspiring to make harassing phone calls. The charge carries up to five years in prison. He will be sentenced in November.

The Justice Department said the investigation continues.

Republicans acknowledged last year that they hired GOP Marketplace for telemarketing services in 2002. But Republican Chairwoman Jayne Millerick has maintained the company was paid $15,600 for telemarketing services to encourage people to vote Republican, not to jam lines.

Chuck McGee, executive director of the state Republican Party at the time, resigned after news of the jamming broke.

"These allegations have been extremely troubling and we are happy that it appears they are coming to a just conclusion," Millerick said.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
Fishing Info
#398073 - 10/19/04 05:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"You make an accusation, and I have to prove it false??"

No, John, you don't have to prove anything false. But the fact that no one has been able to prove that Republicans broke the law in Florida in 2000 does not meant that they didn't. Nor does it mean, even if they didn't break any laws, that the things they did were not unethical or immoral.

Like spending millions of dollars of tax payers money to create a bogus list of supposed convicted felons who they removed from the voter rolls. (Meanwhile, Jeb refused to spend a few hundred thousand on voter education and registration drives.) They instructed the company compiling the list to disregared things like dates of birth, social security numbers, Jr.'s and Sr.'s, middle initials, just first name and last name, even if it was only remotely close, or spelled slightly differently.

They even removed people from their rolls who were allegedly convicted of felonies in other states. Then sent out a letter that instructed them how to apply for amnesty, but two weeks later sent another letter, which stated no such amnesty would be granted, and denied that they ever sent the first letter, or even any knowledge of such a letter.

Do you know that George granted such amnesty when he was Gov. of Texas?

Do you know that George Bush signed into Texas law a bill that said that in all cases of a recount, "every effort to ascertain the intent of the voter" should be made? Do you know that in Florida in 2000, some of the ballots required not only the punch of a chad, but required the voter to write in, in his own hand, the name of his choice for President; and that many such ballots, on which the voter wrote "Al Gore" were discounted due to irregularities in the punches above? Is that how we make every effort to "ascertain the intent of the voter"?

I wouldn't want to clog your perfectly good, mindless, blind, loyal right wing postion, with too many annoying facts and details!
#398074 - 10/19/04 05:44 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

John, no, I haven't. "Hit me, hit me, it feels good when you stop". \:D

Btw, I did provide a proof point where somone was convicted for one of the cases I provided. I've found links verifying the other ones as well, but I feel like leaving those as an excercise to the reader.

Now, like I said, find links that positively refute the claims I made. I can find plenty that support them, so finding some (credible, please) that disprove them should be easy.

#398075 - 10/19/04 05:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Crazy Ivan Offline

Loc: New Milford, and Anywhere Salt...
SOMEONE TELL A JOKE.....!!

I'm not fat, I'm fluffy!

Judge Smails:

"Its easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat. But the man worth while is the man that can smile with his shorts too tight in the seat."
#398076 - 10/19/04 06:00 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
fuzzy2u Offline

I'm taking bets on which day this thing reaches 2000 posts.

Fuzzy
#398077 - 10/19/04 06:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Ivan, this whole thread IS the joke... \:D

#398078 - 10/19/04 06:11 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Spicoli Offline

OK, Crazy Ivan, I'll just make one up for you...

Question: What do you call a lying, arrogant, ignorant, bible-toting dumbass from Texas?

Answer: "President"

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
#398079 - 10/19/04 06:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

Den, is that a CBS document? lol. \:D
Spicoli, another gem. lol. \:D
Slacktide, I still don't know whats wrong with the old voting booths. Even the old turds know how to use them. I don't think everything has to be hi-tech, it just needs to work. I can't believe how stupid some of these secretary of states across the country are. (KISS) keep it simple, it's just voting. I still think a scan-tron and a number 2 pencil would do the trick. I don't like the computer idea, there really isn't any need for them and I don't trust them. It's just people throwing money at something, instead of fixing the actual problem. I look forward to seeing cottonheads crying again in Floriduh on Nov 2nd. \:D Here's a good article, that sums up the way I feel. web page
#398080 - 10/19/04 07:05 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

I couldn't agree more, you can't hack a piece of paper!
The worst part of it is, all it would take is for one of these machines to be compromised & the WHOLE election is thrown!!! Scary, to say the least.
#398081 - 10/19/04 07:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by slacktide:
I couldn't agree more, you can't hack a piece of paper!
The worst part of it is, all it would take is for one of these machines to be compromised & the WHOLE election is thrown!!! Scary, to say the least.
UH, HELLO? That's exactly what I said several posts ago! And who brought in the computer voting machines in Floriduh (I like that, Kevin!)? UH, HELLO? The Republicans. And who selected the contractors? THE REPUBLICANS! And who did the CEO's of those contractors support? Right again, THE REPUBLICANS!!

Is there a scary pattern here, or is it just me?

Kevin B, I got the distinct impression that, while you may not particularly like Kerry, you were opposed to Bush? Why would you look forward to more election difficulties in FloriDUH, when they will probably favor Bush and work against Kerry, if you are inclined to favor Kerry? Did I miss something?
Page 118 of 177 < 1 2 ... 116 117 118 119 120 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics