ctfisherman.com logo
Page 56 of 177 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397452 - 10/08/04 05:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don,

Apparently I am unable to get you to see what I mean and where I am coming from, so I am not going to engage you any further.

Good luck,

Jim

P.S. Let me add this, however, and I only ask that you give it some real thought.

The real wages of the average working American have not kept pace with the overall growth and prosperity of our economy in general, and specifically, with that of the top 10 or 15%. This clearly demonstrates a gross disparity and inequity in the distribution of wealth in the U.S. today. I never suggested anyone deserves a free ride, just that we can and should do better. Things were improving under President Clinton, but whatever gains were made were quickly undone over the past 3 and a half years under Mr. Bush. That is why I will vote for John Kerry.
Fishing Info
#397453 - 10/08/04 05:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Jon A Offline
retired

Just curious n2salt I thought you were out of work? And couldn't get out at 6 am to fish because you'd be too tired? ;\)

retired

#397454 - 10/08/04 05:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

nu2salt I got the response I was after it just took three days. I'm glad to hear you don't practice what you preach.

Oh and by the way thats the same kind of FLIP FLOP Kerry is guilty of.

Don
#397455 - 10/08/04 06:05 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
stripermanofsteel Offline
If i'm not here I'm fishing

Loc: Southington, Westbrook (boat
how do we combat terrorism???? First...we should have stayed focused on Bin Laden...second we should have stayed out of Iraq until we had an exit strategy. Mostly...when we had Bin Laden basically trapped we should have struck and not left that job in the hands of warlords that were fighting with him just mere months prior to our involvment in the fight.

Next we should have woried about real threats of terror such as Iran and N. Korea that either had or now have nuclear capabilities, meaning under Bush we have added MORE nuclear capable nations and weapons of Mass desruction than in the years prior to Bush

So most important to the fight on terror is GET RID OF BUSH
#397456 - 10/08/04 06:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!

Flipflop you say...last fall Cheney said he was sure of Iraq's involvment with 9/11 in the debate he said he had never said that and that he NEVER thought Iraq was involved with 9/11

Then there was being for homeland security...then against...then for it. Come on, any educated person who was unbiased...like I was prior to the debate...would listen to Kerry and HEAR him say that his opinion changed as he got new facts....everyone here has done that...so it means Kerry is human...can we fault him for that
#397457 - 10/08/04 06:20 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don,

I have not contradicted myself or flip flopped at all, despite what you might say. The political philosophies I have expressed are not opposite, nor mutually exclusive with the values of personal accountability, education, and hard work. I don't understand how you can confuse the two.

I don't know what response you are referring to, or what you were looking for, but I have not been at all inconsistent. I have never suggested free rides or handouts, just fair and equitable treatment of the working class and providing more opportunities for those less fortunate than we.
#397458 - 10/08/04 06:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Jon A,

Work aint the only thing that makes me tired! ;\) And if you recall what I said, I said that I am usually too hung over on Sunday morning to get up that early! That's got nothing to do with being tired from work! \:D
#397459 - 10/08/04 06:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The real wages of the average working American have not kept pace with the overall growth and prosperity of our economy in general, and specifically, with that of the top 10 or 15%. This clearly demonstrates a gross disparity and inequity in the distribution of wealth in the U.S. today. I never suggested anyone deserves a free ride, just that we can and should do better. Things were improving under President Clinton, but whatever gains were made were quickly undone over the past 3 and a half years under Mr. Bush. That is why I will vote for John Kerry.
#397460 - 10/08/04 06:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

#397461 - 10/08/04 06:52 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!

nu2 i like some of what you have to say...but take it easy...you have gotten insulting and preachy...this a debate not a nu2 speech
Page 56 of 177 < 1 2 ... 54 55 56 57 58 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics