ctfisherman.com logo
Page 30 of 177 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397192 - 10/06/04 05:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

Hell yeah, it is dirtier. Bush reversed 30 years of progress on clean air.

Http://www.iht.com/articles/120572.html

By the way Don, what are you doing to reduce emissions? Have you car pooled lately or rode your bike to work? I did this morning..........

John, I 100% agree we need to get off of middle-east oil imports. However, I disagree with the method. I believe alternative fuels need to be refined in their development. Just think, if we spent the money we are spending in Iraq on the development of these alternative fuels, we would be able to kill two birds with one stone.

Quick article on Hydrogen fuel.

www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.04/ hydrogen.html
Fishing Info
#397193 - 10/06/04 05:59 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Catch N Release I think we need to do our level best to burn as much of this evil oil as we can so that we run out faster and then the next generation will be forced to come up with a solution as there paying off the deficit.

Don
#397194 - 10/06/04 06:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

JFM,

What kind of car are you driving to work?

I just got a Toyota Prius hybrid car. Does 50 MPG. Maybe you should try it too. If we give up our beloved Hummers and Expeditions, we don't have to pollute our wilderness (which we as fishermen enjoy so much) with oil wells. And we won't have to send our sons and daughters to die in Iraq for Mr. Bush's and Mr. Cheyney's oil profits.
#397195 - 10/06/04 06:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Hey Catch it says there going to make it 30% cleaner and then 70% cleaner I don't see where it says they intend to make it dirtier.I don't know, I guess liberal math dosen't work that way but then again I went to one of those bad private schools. So what do I know?

Don
#397196 - 10/06/04 06:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

Now Don, all schools are accredited. So you took the same liberal math as me.
But, I'll put it in a fashion you can understand:
If I increased your pay by 30% instead of 70%, you would still be richer, but not as rich as you should be.
#397197 - 10/06/04 06:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

But Catch you stated it would be dirtier its still cleaner! I would still be richer and not poorer.And maybe we need to build some more nuke plants.
#397198 - 10/06/04 06:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

I rode in a Prius hybrid car last month. Very impressive. At a stop you can't hear the car when it is running. The owner was extremely pleased with its performance and economy.
#397199 - 10/06/04 07:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

Coal burning plants, which are the number one contributor of mercury in our environment are able to push more 40% more pollutes into the air than previously regulated. I would say that is less clean or another word dirtier....
#397200 - 10/06/04 07:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by John from Madison CT:

"That can be corrected with ease. We have many reserves in the US that are going untapped. The Liberal enviromentalist lobby is making us Slaves to foreign oil.

There is no other blame to be placed. We have it, it's under us, but are not allowed to get to it."

Hey JFM, I understand they've discovered oil reserves in LIS. Yeah, right off the Madison coast. You don't mind if they drill for oil in your back yard, do you? Of course, it'll ruin that great view from your house, your property values will go down, it'll kill the recreational fishing and boating we enjoy here in CT, not to mention the entire eco-system in LIS, but you won't mind takin' one for the team, right?!

"Has the U.S. Economy ever suffered an economic blow that took place after 9/11? 1.7Million jobs have been created in 2004 alone !!! More people died than from Pearl Harbor."

"Please, be real....people forget the effects of 9/11 on the US economy. 1 Million jobs were lost in the 3 months after 9/11."

"Many predicted a depression after the loss we endured. To me, I am amazed we are close to fully recovered in just over 3 years." [/QUOTE]

You know what I'm real tired of? I'm real tired of hearing the right blaming the sagging economy on 9/11, and apololgizing for Bush's failed initiatives. Did it have an impact? Certainly. But what you all love to do is include the unnecessary and wasteful war in Iraq as part of the impact of 9/11, and the two have nothing to do with each other.

9/11 was beyond our control. Going into Iraq was not. Bush put us there, voluntarily! All the money being spent over there, not only for the military effort, but as C&R pointed out so effectively, the rebuilding of Iraq, could be put to better use right here at home. If we hadn't gone over there in the first place we wouldn't have to rebuild the freakin' place! If we had waited and built a genuine international coalition, instead of W's pretend coalition, we wouldn't have to foot 90% of the bill!

And what the f**k does the number of people who died at Pearl Harbor, or 9/11, have to do with the economy?

Whatever happened to wartime boom? Usually, during a war, there is an economic boom, because there are more jobs in war-effort related industries. And so many soldiers are overseas, that someone has to fill that void. And the government is pouring money into purchasing for the war effort, so wages increase; but again, in this case, there is no trickle down!

The defense and oil industries are booming, but the only ones profiting from it are the CEO's and the big Wall Street investors. Meanwhile, Bush and the Congressional Republicans give huge tax breaks to the wealthy and to corporate America, especially to those moving overseas and outsourcing, while simultaneously pouring money we don't have into the war effort and the rebuilding of a country that, again, as C&R so aptly stated, doesn't want us there! And that money is going right back to who? The same corporations and wealthy CEO's and stock holders who are benefiting most from his tax programs. Talk about double dipping! It's obscene!

Again, Bush's economics all boil down to taking from the poor, and giving to the rich. He is using his presidency (abusing is a much more accurate term) to manipulate the government of our country to further his own political interests and that of corporate America and the wealthy and making them wealthier at our expense. It is nothing short of criminal.

You're the one who needs to "be real"!
#397201 - 10/06/04 07:44 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

Quote:
Want to clean up the environment??
EAT STEAK!!!
Cow manure (methane) makes up 15-20% of the worlds Air pollutants.
Sounds like something Bush would say. But in reality :
Eat more steak = more demand for beef = more cows raised to supply the demand = more manure.
Page 30 of 177 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics