ctfisherman.com logo
Page 85 of 177 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397742 - 10/14/04 02:51 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Oh, and henry, my wife and three kids are recognized by the german govt as children of a holocaust survivor, and are actually eligable for german citizenship as a result (without loss of us rights). Not only didn't I use the "N" word, I don't use it lightly.

Just a point of ref. sorry.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
Fishing Info
#397743 - 10/14/04 03:05 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

My apologies Gerg. I read what you and Val said and was going to address you both individually and got mixed up. I am sorry. You were the one with the Satan comment.

Do you hate conservatives?

The only Liberal I hate is Terry McAuliffe.

I hate ALL members of al-Qaeda, especially bin Laden, al-Zawahiri, abu Musab al-Zarqawi, and Michael Moore.

Do French fish flee at the sight of lures?
#397744 - 10/14/04 03:07 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Henry,I think its like training a dog.The more its repeated the more they get it.Both candidates are so coached its pathetic.The third party debates on c-span the other day were much more entertaining and informative.Just think---inteligent answers from politicians--its nice to dream.
#397745 - 10/14/04 03:16 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Hate? nope. not a hate cell here......

#397746 - 10/14/04 04:48 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

gerg what you preach is hate calling republicans Nazi's. Most pundits say Bush won this debate and kept Kerry on the defensive a few times. Bush is for Gun owners and Kerry has no clue. Bush gets my vote on that issue alone.
#397747 - 10/14/04 09:44 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Have I mentioned to anyone that I'm gonna vote for Bush? \:D

#397748 - 10/14/04 10:35 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Is this a republican trait? I never called anyone a nazi.

Some of you do advocate a striking resemblence to certain ultra-extreme destructive regimes, but I never used that term.

Still, if you feel it fits you, go ahead and wear it.

Polls are showing kerry won this debate, as all the others. You might not like polls, you might disagree with them, but they are still there.

Have a happy.

#397749 - 10/14/04 11:09 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

I'm wondering in retrospect how many of you, besides henry (who seems to be above the education levels of most), have studied the nazi's beginnings and philosophy from an acedemic standpoint? How many of you know what their political positions were wrt to immigration, social values, finance, international relations, etc? Would you see any similarities to those positions advocated by the extreme elements of political disourse today? The Germans found it was a short path between extreme and in-power.

History can be a remarkable teacher. If only we are willing to listen.......

#397750 - 10/14/04 11:21 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
richard4878 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:
I'm wondering in retrospect how many of you, besides henry (who seems to be above the education levels of most), have studied the nazi's beginnings and philosophy from an acedemic standpoint? How many of you know what their political positions were wrt to immigration, social values, finance, international relations, etc? Would you see any similarities to those positions advocated by the extreme elements of political disourse today? The Germans found it was a short path between extreme and in-power.

History can be a remarkable teacher. If only we are willing to listen.......
So you just keep comparing us "dumb" people to the NAZI party and we will just keep comparing you to the communists and everyone will be happy ;\) ;\) ;\)

17 foot sundance skiff with 50hp jhonson.
#397751 - 10/14/04 12:05 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Henry L.:
Can someone answer this for me:

How come the President has done better in each successive debate, yet the poll numbers hav not changed for either Kerry or Bush for that matter after each debate?
I can answer this for you. Your president has done better at lying in each successive debate. People are getting tired of his lies even though his delivery is improving. Plus his record is so abysmal that nothing he can say will save his sorry a$$. :p \:\) \:D
Page 85 of 177 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics