ctfisherman.com logo
Page 135 of 177 < 1 2 ... 133 134 135 136 137 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398242 - 10/29/04 04:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trout killer Offline

P.W. Wellput! Hi I'm new on this thread and I like democrats about as much as I like the Yankees!

N.Y. Yankees " THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL 2004"
Fishing Info
#398243 - 10/29/04 04:50 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
Couldnt help but notice on the news this morning, a report on political freaks entering private property to steal or vandalize political signage, and thought of this thread. I'm surprised none of those upstanding citizens have been shot by a hardcase old coot yet.

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#398244 - 10/29/04 04:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Hey GM, have I seen your avatar on a Canadian beer bottle before? Can't think of the name......

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#398245 - 10/29/04 05:04 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
A Liberal stole my Bush/Cheney sign off the front lawn.

Using the logic applied by the DNC, I am going to accuse all Liberals of being theives.

I expect the same type of support by the NY Times, NBC, CBS and ABC. If they are consistent, they will not challenge my claim, but rather, support it with stories from whomever comes along.

#398246 - 10/29/04 06:03 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

JFM, I'm very sorry to hear about your yard sign. On the bright side, YOUR yard sign looks SO much better, in MY yard! Thank you ever so much for your "investment" in my politcal expression.

You see, you have SO much, and me, SO little, in comparison. Somehow, it just did'nt seem FAIR. So, I took it upon myself to level the playing field, and re-distribute some of your political "wealth" capital. Don't you just feel so much better now, knowing YOUR sign, went to a better, more deserving home, (MINE!)?

YAS SIR! Dat be right! I's a closeted Democrat; buts I'm a comin' out a da closet right now! Wow! I just feel so...so..., well..LIBERATED! ;\)

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398247 - 10/29/04 06:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

Baitrunner, I knew I saw you pedaling away, down a dead-end road paved with GOP yard signs and Bush's broken promises. ;\)
#398248 - 10/29/04 06:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

oooo..Kevin, Nice zinger. That one stung! ;\)

Ah, a rebuttal comes to mind!

Two roads diverged in a yellow voting booth,
And sorry I could not vote for both
And be but one voter, long I stood
And looked upon the ballot as long as I could
To my pen, bent in my underhand

(Yada, yada, yada, we cut to the chase....)

And now, I tell you with a sigh
Somewhere, ages and ages hence
Two candidates diverged in a polling booth, and I..
Voted for the one less traveled by,
And, in truth, suspecting
That it shall make no real world difference!

(As both slurp donkey schlong in different ways!) \:D

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398249 - 10/29/04 06:49 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Baitrunner: A Liberal would never really blame the thief of my sign, but rather blame society.

George W Bush and his corporate cronies have created an enviroment that forces millions into poverty and dispair, so the thief had no choice and could not control himself.

Net..net, it "W"'s fault. \:D

#398250 - 10/29/04 07:00 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

The election is almost here, time to take off the kid gloves and say what I really think!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nu2Salt:
Our efforts in Afghanistan accomplished a great deal in reducing Al-Queda's strength. That was worthwhile. Bush failed to finish the job because he rushed into Iraq for political, economic and religious reasons, ALL of which, benefitted him, PERSONALLY!
You sir, are delusional. Your lengthy posts are indicative of that. That statement is just plain stupid. Yeah, Bush goes to bed every night thinking, "Gee, I’m so glad we’re at war now. It brings me such a happy cheery feeling."

Thank God this thread was closed for a while to give you (and us) a break. Your left-wing ranting became unreadable. :rolleyes:

Kerry
Kerry’s history of supporting our military (or lack there of) speaks for itself. If you question that, look at the number of his wartime comrades who speak against him, compared to those who support him.

Kerry spoke out against the U.S. during a time of war, and he didn’t support military spending in the Senate. And the way he openly criticizes Bush now during a time of war is just … wrong. (holding back a little there.) I personally think he could do it in a more tactful way.

We’re in this together. When the next American is killed on our soil, it will be because he was an American -- it won’t be because he was a Democrat, Republican, Jew, Christian, etc. When the sh*t hits the fan during the next attack, I’d be side-by-side with every freakin’ liberal there is fighting whoever is responsible.

I can’t fathom how anyone could think based on Kerry’s past history, he’s all of sudden going to be pro-military. Even if Kerry were to win the election and do what he says (go out, hunt down and kill terrorists), it certainly wasn’t his support that built a military to allow him to do it effectively.

Bottom Line
You people who are concerned about the deficit, Bush’s speaking ability, his IQ, his DUI, and analyze/question Iraq six ways to Sunday are missing the big picture.

There are animals out there ready to destroy our country. (More evidence surfaced yesterday with the threatening video tape.) You don’t bargain with these people. You don’t reason with them. You kill them. You destroy them. You strike first. How much more are you willing to take?

Forget political correctness. We can’t keep dancing around the issue. Muslim extremists are our enemy. Not every muslim, just the ones who want to kill us. And wake up and smell the coffee, there’s more of them on this planet than you may think.

We’re at an important crossroads in history. Least anyone forget 9/11. The potential for much worse is very real. Enough is enough with this kind of human slime. You don’t sit back and wait. You don’t wait to build alliances with every nation on earth. You must attack first. These people are bread to kill us. Their very existence revolves around killing Americans.

If you let history be your guide, Kerry has not exhibited the behavior, actions or decision making to be the type of leader who is willing to make the tough decisions -- and frankly have the balls -- to be willing to kill these people and destroy the cities where they breed.

Bush has already proven he’s willing to take the fight to them. War is not pretty. War is not glorious. However, again, if you use history as a guide, war is sometimes necessary to preserve the freedom and the countries free people have built.

Phew, there, now I feel better. \:D
#398251 - 10/29/04 07:06 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

AH HA! Dan Blather and CBS snews are launching their pre-emptive October surprise, as I type. Benny Loaden is threatening to destroy us again! I'm soooo....frightened! I wish I'd of voted fer sKerry now! Then, the big, bad man woulda left us alone!

Please, Benny! We're the French, now! We surrender!

Page 135 of 177 < 1 2 ... 133 134 135 136 137 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics