ctfisherman.com logo
Page 62 of 177 < 1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397512 - 10/10/04 01:49 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Bill Uconn,I dont think you get my point.Many people dont get employer health coverage because they simply cant afford it.The cost in many cases is better than $100 a week.And most people I work with cant afford to retire at 62 because of the cost of living and constantly rising local taxes from unfunded mandates.When the corporations complained about the cost of suppling healthcare,congress tripped over each other to give them tax breaks and loopholes.Now the doctors are complaining about the high cost of insurance and again the congress is running to the rescue of the hi $$ donors.The cost just keeps getting passed down to the employee.Just as an example,between weekly premiums and deductables I will have to pay $2300 before the insurance starts to reimburse me.Many people simply cannot afford health coverage.

Another thing how can anyone find Bush's dissing of Kerry on being a fiscal conservative credible?Here is a president with the help of his congressional majority,have taken a surplus and turned it into another record deficit.Bush is NOT a fiscal conservative.If you cut the taxes you have to cut the spending as well.
Fishing Info
#397513 - 10/10/04 01:50 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Icebuster your taxes won't be going up because you'll be going out of business.But don't worry now you'll be eligible for government assistance.It never ceases to amaze me how people who never tried to own or run their own business try to tell us how government should be part of running ours. And they all seem to some how be on the government dole.

Don
#397514 - 10/10/04 01:58 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

Flag-UP....you are corrcet when you say that Bush is no fiscal conservative. He has tried to please alot of people all at once I suppose. To be fair though, Healthcare is really out of his area of control. Healthcare reform must be done at the congressional level. In my opinion, it must start with tort reform. any time the government manages any social program, it becomes a Frankenstien monster.

The surplus issue is one that is easy to spin into the way you see it today. As a number, it is huge. If you figure it based on a percentage of GDP it is no anywher near the largest in history, that number came in the early 1940's (guess why).
#397515 - 10/10/04 02:13 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Icebuster,when you figure your yearly budget what do you use as a base to start?If we used the same math that the feds used we'd be backrupt.Balanced budget means the money coming in and going out is equal.GDP is not what the government takes in just what the economy is capable of.If we stopped deficit spending and paid off the debt we could ALL get a PERMANENT tax break.
#397516 - 10/10/04 03:01 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

One thing everyone forgets about is 9/11 and the cost of what happened on that day. We bailed out the airlines with billions of dollars so they would survive. We started a new government program with Homeland Security which also cost billions. Plus the War itself on terror. All of this cost billions, maybe trillions of dollars.

We gave a tax break to get the economy starting again. Why do that during a war you ask. Well it is to get people starting to spend money at restraunts, clothing stores, and many other places that where hurt by 9/11. There is a big picture that people are forgetting. 9/11 changed everything and I think people we can go back to what it was before. It is never going to happen people. We are going to have to fight terrorism for the rest of our lives in one way or another.

So complain about losing the surplus, but remember how that happened.
#397517 - 10/10/04 03:58 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

9/11 although certainly a part of the budgetary problem cannot be blamed for the entire mess.It seems every time someone questions this administrations fiscal policies all they say is 9/11 and blame it on the terrorists.What ever happened to the buck stops here?
#397518 - 10/10/04 11:31 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

What gets me the most is, especially made clear in the last debate, that bush is running to be President of the Ultra-Conservative Republican Right Wing. He doesn't seem to give a hoot that he is actually the President of the United States.

He is more trhan willing to not take any other viewpointrs into his (Cheney's?) decision making process, and not take any outside counsel on any matter. He is going to make unpopular decisions, and this is his DOMESTIC record.

He just doesn't seem to care about anyone or anything that doesn't agree with him. Thats not the mentality we deserve for president. Even Reagan realized that there were those who disagreed with him that he needed to represent.

Maybe this job is just too hard for him.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#397519 - 10/10/04 02:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

HI GUYS!! Heard ya missed me......

I'm BAAAAAAAAACK!!! :p \:D

Henry, I'll get back to you, I promise; there's a few replies I gotta post first though!

Striperman, Flag Up, and Gerg- Great job, guys! WTG!! It's nice to see that there ARE a few of us here who really get it! \:\)

Naugy Joe!!! WOO HOO!!! \:D You da MAN!! I loved your RNC post! I was at my friends house doing an Octoberfest cookout with a bunch of us, and I logged on his computer to peek at the thread and show some of my friends (all but about 2 there are Dems, or at least oppose Bush) and when I saw that I showed it to everyone and we all laughed our collective butt off!! Well done!

Bill Uconn- At least I know that he's gonna START with those making over $200K. We'll see where he goes from there.

If I gotta pay a few more bucks a year to make this country work for EVERYONE!;

to make us SOLVENT;

to invest in healthcare and education, for EVERYONE;

to make homeland security and our foreign policy EFFECTIVE! and thereby make us all SAFER!;

to further our COLLECTIVE best interests;

SO BE IT!!

We're gonna have to pay for the last 4 years:

the legitimate impact of 9/11;

the legitimate war on terror (Afghanistan, Al-Queda, The Taliban, homeland security);

not to mention, "Pee Wee's Big Iraqi Misadventure"!

ANYWAY!; EVENTUALLY!; RIGHT?!?

We might as well start now, and start with those who got the biggest break and profited the most from the Bush years! Or do you just wanna wait until we're all retired and let our kids suffer and pay for all of this, cuz it ain't just gonna go away!

9/11, terrorists, homeland security, whatever!... Bush was the president, HE is ultimately responsible for the total mess("The Bush Follies"?); it's not any one individual issue or problem, it's the WHOLE THING, and how it's ALL been dealt with!! The TOTAL PACKAGE, THE BIG PICTURE!

You said, "We are going to have to fight terrorism for the rest of our lives in one way or another."

We may indeed, perhaps. Unfortunately! And we are going to have to PAY for it, too!! When exactly do YOU think we should start to do that?

And WHO, exactly, do you think should pay the MOST?!? How about, oh, the airlines' major stock holders and CEO's? How about, oh, Haliburton's? How about, oh, DICK CHENEY, and the BUSHES, and their pals in big oil, and big defense, and Wall St.?

How about, THE TOP 1% who got $89 billion (or was it million, seriously, I always mix that up, my bad!) in tax cuts; more than the other 99% of us COMBINED!!

Capt. Peachfuzz- Thank you for voicing your input and explaining the rationale you used to come to your decision. Even though I disagree with you, I applaud you for taking a stand and casting your vote on election day! My highest regards to you, and I wish you well!

RMW- VERY LOW BLOW!! SHAME ON YOU AGAIN!!

And asking small business owners to pay taxes does not equate to letting the government tell them how to run their business. What is your point?

Buck- PLEASE DON'T LISTEN TO THE DEVISIVE, UNCALLED FOR REMARK MADE BY RMW!! I meant every word I said to you from the bottom of my heart! It's not that I don't or can't understand what you are saying, and it is CERTAINLY not that I am blowing smoke up your a$$!

I SIMPLY DISAGREE!

Is that not my right? Is that not what this country is about? Isn't that what your served your country and fought for? One's right to have and express a point of view, and to dissent, even from a majority? Am I obliged to agree with everyone I express respect and admiration for? I think not! Please take what I said to you at face value. I truly meant every word!

IceBuster, I haven't forgotten you, I'll get back to you too.

Regards everyone,

Jim

P.S. I aplogize for my use of caps. I am NOT yelling, I just don't know how to get bold or italicized fonts in order to add emphasis on certain words. I can type my butt off, but I'm not terribly good with computers overall.
#397520 - 10/10/04 02:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

You guys have to check this out. It's the most outrageous belly-laugh I've had in ages! A bi-partisan skewerer! \:D

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/content/goodtobeindc/frameset.html

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397521 - 10/10/04 02:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bait, Yeah, I caught that on TV the other night and we watched that at my friend's house during the party! It's HYSTERICAL, I think I liked it better than the first one, "This Land is Your Land", had you seen that one?

Thanks for posting that, you beat me to the punch!

Jim
Page 62 of 177 < 1 2 ... 60 61 62 63 64 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics