ctfisherman.com logo
Page 150 of 177 < 1 2 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398392 - 11/01/04 11:08 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

KC wrote,
 Quote:
I will vote for family values and the right to defend them, given everything originally allowed for in the Constitution. und....I'm the ONLY sane one here!
Mein gott in Himmel! You're correct, mein heer! The world is, indeed, upside down. When KC is right, all is lost! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

Kevin wrote,
 Quote:
My prediction is a Bush loss tomorrow. We all know the incumbent goes as the Redskins go
Kevvy, this would normally have me quaking in my boots, except this is the year of "NO team has ever won a pennant being down 3 games to none."

Bush might still win. I'm putting parachutes on all my swine, as we speak.

Gerg wrtote,
 Quote:
If you are happy following a party that intimidates voters to stay away from polls, and clogging voting stations so they close with hundreds still waiting to vote, and use the power of the supreme court inappropriately and disgracefully to stop a count of votes, then you are not following any democratic tradition I am familiar with or would be proud of. This isn't a wild conspiracy theory, it's fact.
Gergie, buddy, assuming the above to be a "fact",and true, just as a point of curiousity, nothing more; Do the Democrats have any Aces up their sleeves, or are the Terry McAuliffe Gang all Paragons of Virtue? :rolleyes:

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Fishing Info
#398393 - 11/01/04 11:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Nu2Salt wrote:

Quote:
We stayed out of WWII until we were attacked. We were working very hard to reach a diplomatic solution to our conflict with Japan. Despite the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, it was the right thing to do. War should never be undertaken unless absolutely necessary. When that point is reached is highly subjective, and depends on the specific situation. It requires a statesman and a diplomat, like FDR, or JFK, not an incompetent, short sighted, intellectually challenged huckster like GWB.

Yes, Japan attacked us, but not Hitler. Please tell me why our preemptive attack on the European continent was necessary? Hitler never attacked the US. (He technically declared war but never fired a shot)

I'm curious as to how you will argue that the European campaign was not preemptive?

#398394 - 11/01/04 11:29 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Bait, I don't even want to think about where those pigs will fly from.......

I still need some of kdots meds.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398395 - 11/01/04 11:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Icebuster, Baitrunner, Gerg, K.C., Kevin, and Topwater,

#398396 - 11/01/04 11:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

JFM, Not only that, but we DID"NT work that hard for a diplomatic solution with Japan. Our oil embargo forced their hand by cutting off their life's blood; we, in effect, GOADED them to attack us. FDR knew this, let Pearl Harbor happen, and was technically responsible for the deaths of 100's of thousands of American servicemen, and millions of innocent civilians.

At least this the concluesion I've come to, using N2S's convoluted formula of "reason"! ;\)

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398397 - 11/01/04 11:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Because Japan and Germany were allies, and we declared war on Japan and Germany in turn declared war on us;

Because Hitler declared war on us and in such a case we certainly need not wait until he DOES fire a shot;

(Hussein did not declare war on us)

and because Hitler had been at war with our allies and was marching all over Europe for two years prior.

(Hussein had not attacked any of his neighbors or any of our allies since we liberated Kuwait.)

There is no rational comparison between our involvement in the European theater in WWII and our first strike in Iraq.

What else would you like to know about U.S. History? ;\)
#398398 - 11/01/04 11:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

Baiter,

Dems? The only thing I'm aware of they have been accused of is registering cartoon characters to vote. I'd be willing to entertain other accusations, but thats all I've heard about.

The theory is that some phenominal percentage of the millions of new voters are convicted drug addicts and illegal aliens intent on destroying us by voting democratic. I'm not sure why drug addicts or illegal aliens would do this in any great numbers, but ok. Maybe a few will.

The operative word there is "few". And I really don't think it is going on because it is a very laborous and inneficient process. It's much easier to prevent others from voting, or actually getting legitimate voters to the polls, than to convince a large number of people to committ a felony. Why are republicans so worried about this?

Of all the bad behavior that will happen tomorrow on either side, the most potent is to clog polling stations with unregistered voters, voter challenges and "slow" voters. The polls have to close at some point by statute. Some polls have a large majoprity of voters from one party or another. Slowing down or stopping a polling station is the best way to prevent a large number of people from voting. Seems almost too easy.

Or, maybe popeye and olive oil will swing the vote. Who knows.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398399 - 11/01/04 11:58 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Gerg, Thanks for the response; most gentlemanly of you, I must say, especially considering the tempers a' flaring.

The system is rife with corruption, always has been, but it, ideally, need'nt be forever. Both parties seem to find it convenient to stifle meaningful reform. I find it most disheartning, and more than a little discouraging.

If I was to yield to you on the point that intimidation is a dis-enfranchisement, would you yield to me that an illegal or ineligible vote is also a disenfranchisement of the legal eligibles?

By the by, I find it more than a little amusing, that Bush voters have been violently intimidated by Kerry supporters while standing in line for early voting in Florida. I wish the media would stand in line with hidden cameras to record this; don't know why they have'nt. Or do I? ;\)

#398400 - 11/02/04 12:05 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, so we know Bush was not very bright before he was "elected" :rolleyes: in 2000.

We know he hasn't learned much about foreign policy or defense in the last four years.

Let's see if he has learned anything about anything else one needs to know to be president.

Bush on the Economy:

"You're working hard to put food on your family."

"It's your money, you paid for it."

(Trying to instill confidence in the Dept. of labor)
"... And there is no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will fail."

"If one worker can do more work, you've gotta create the need for more work."

"It's clearly a budget. It's got alot of numbers in it." \:D

"We ought to make the pie higher."

"Baby boomers'll be retiring. There's not gonna be enough people contributing to the system to take advantage of people like me."

"There may be some tough times in America, but this country's gone through hard times before, and we're gonna do it again."

Bush on the environment and energy:

"It's the birds thats supposed to suffer, not the hunters."

"We'll be more better at cleaning our air."

"I like to think of natural gas as hemispheric. Natural gas is hemispheric in nature, because it is a product we can find in our own neighborhoods."

On education and families:

"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?"

"You teach a child to read and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"Why don't you admentor a child how to read?"

"The illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

"You know, one of the great things about books is that sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." ;\)

"We want our teachers to know how to teach the science of reading in order to be sure there's not this kind of federal cufflink."

"In other words, I don't think people should be compelled to make the decision which they think is best for their family."

CIVICS:

"If this were a dictatorship it'd be a heck of alot easier. Just so long as I'm the dictator."

"Can't living with the bill means that it won't become law."
(VETO is such a hard word to pronounce. It's hard work.)

HEALTH CARE:

"Prescription drugs will be an ingrinable part of the medicare plan."

"I don't think we need to be subliminable about the difference between our views on prescription drugs."

Is Bush confused about his own gender?

"The most important job is not to be governor, or first lady in my case."

"So thank you for reminding me about the importance of being a good mom and a great volunteer as well."

"Karyn is with us... a west Texas girl, just like me." \:D

On Condi Rice:

"She's doing a fine job of coordinating interagency. She's doing work... I mean that... the role of the National Security Advisor is to not only provide good advice to the President, which she does on a regular basis. I value her judgement and her intelligence. Uh... but, uh... her job is also to deal interagency.... and to help unstick things that may get stuck. It's the best way to put it. She's an unsticker. And, uh, is she listening? OK, well, she's doing a fine job."

\:D
#398401 - 11/02/04 12:16 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2salt:
K.C.

And I'll be glad to teach Mitch how to shoot. I'm actually pretty good with a shotgun or a 30.06.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot about my "trusty" old lever action 30/30. \:D
Page 150 of 177 < 1 2 ... 148 149 150 151 152 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics