ctfisherman.com logo
Page 117 of 177 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398062 - 10/19/04 03:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

The 1st generation of machines were a failure, hence the reason for these companies tyring to get the contract.
Fishing Info
#398063 - 10/19/04 03:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buck posted:

"If the Democrats had a candidate who could debate like Kerry and was moderate in scope, with a moderate platform, they would win hands down."

I agree with this statement whole heartedly. Kerry may not be as moderate as we would like, but neither is Bush. To me, this statement illustrates that Bush has not done a good job over the last four years and is easily beatable. While Kerry may not be the ideal candidate I personally believe that he is a far better choice than four more years of Bush. Not only as the lesser of two evils, but as a more desireable alternative to what we have already had. It is a shame that the Democratic Party could not field someone more consistent with Buck's statement. He clearly WOULD win hands down, because Bush is such an incompetent failure.
#398064 - 10/19/04 03:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Slack,

Then where did the machines now in place come from? Early voting has already begun in Florida. They are using that same "failed" generation of machines!
#398065 - 10/19/04 03:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
 Quote:
It wasn't a democrat who set up a phone jamming system try to disrupt volunteers from driving people to the polls, it wasn't a democraticly funded voter registration agency that threw out voter registration cards that were registering democrats, while filing all republican cards, it wasn't a democrat who ignored warnings that a list of "felons" contained thousands of errors which would result in preventing non-felons from voting, and it wasn't a democrat who failed to create enough early voting locations in places with the highest populations in florida.
ALL of these accusations were proven to be completely UNTRUE. NOT one person was prosecuted nor even charged with any of the above.

Please find me a SINGLE case were these accusations by the left were proven true.

You won't, there weren't. They were sent out as talking points by the DNC, namely Terry McAuliffe, who knows enough that he can say anything, not have it challenged by the mainstream media, and bamboozle enough Americans in thinking it's true.

The challenge remains....find me ONE case !!!!

#398066 - 10/19/04 04:04 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Nu, pickup this months Popular mechanics, I can't remember what they were saying about the ones that were in place in FLA, except that they were easily tampered with & inaccurate. (they seemed to use FLA as a test bed.)
It's an interesting read.
#398067 - 10/19/04 04:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Slack,

Thanks!
#398068 - 10/19/04 04:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

If one thing is certain, both parties right now are running cheap shots by twisting the facts. It will probably get even worse over the next two weeks. Kinda discourages you from voting at all, however it just dont think Dick Cheney is a good representative for the people of the USA. Wow, people didnt like the USA before all this isolationism. Well whats meant to be is meant to be. History has always pointed out that isolationism has serious neagative consiquences.
#398069 - 10/19/04 04:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bow, I am not suggesting or advocating a doctrine of isolationism, just a more judicious and more well thought out foreign affair policy.

JFM:

View the DVD I pointed out "Unprecedented" then offer your comments on the 2000 election in Florida.

BTW, O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murdering his ex-wife and Ron Goldman,

DOES THAT MEAN THAT HE DIDN'T DO IT?
#398070 - 10/19/04 04:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

John, they are all real cases, some are in grand jury, some are in initial stages of investigation, others have been reported by reputable new organizations. True, no one has yet been convicted, but that doesn't mean they never happened.

One of the ironies of these reports is that most are probably legal. Surprisingly, they are still trying to figure out what laws were broken in arizona by the poll registration company that threw out the forms, IF ANY. That doesn't make it right though, and the lack of a conviction doesn't make it untrue.

I defy you to prove them false. You can't.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398071 - 10/19/04 04:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Gerg:

You make an accusation, and I have to prove it false?? Is that how this works?? You've GOT to be kidding, right??

First though, please answer this simple question with a Yes or NO. (real easy question.)

Have you stopped beating your wife yet? Just answer with a simple Yes or no.

Page 117 of 177 < 1 2 ... 115 116 117 118 119 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics