ctfisherman.com logo
Page 1 of 177 1 2 3 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#396901 - 09/30/04 02:27 PM Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

I’ll probably regret this :rolleyes: ...

Being that the Presidential debate is tonight -- and the election is getting closer -- I'm opening the site up to political discussion.

One Political Thread Only!
Keep it to this thread only! Any new political threads or posts on other threads will be deleted.

You may be passionate about your beliefs, but try to keep it clean. A string of insults back and forth is such a waste of time.

If you genuinely want to discuss politics, shock us all with some intelligent discussion.

If this becomes a mess, I'm dumping it.
Fishing Info
#396902 - 09/30/04 02:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
I heard a comment President Busch made that I really liked. President Busch said in regards to Kerry

" He will probably spend 90 minutes debating himself"

Kerry is a nerd and he looks like a nerd !!! I for one do not want him in charge of anyhting let alone the whole country.
#396903 - 09/30/04 02:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

i'M VOTING FOR k.c. FOR 2004!!
#396904 - 09/30/04 02:38 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Tackleman Offline

Loc: Suffield/Niantic, CT
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That's as intelligent as I can get on the subject on CTF!!

Striper Tubes - Keels & More!!

#396905 - 09/30/04 02:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
MikeG Offline

Loc: NW CT
Now heres a ticket I would endorse fully

K.C for Pres with Spicoli as his running mate :p
#396906 - 09/30/04 02:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BigBill Offline

Loc: CT
Well do we have any real choice?? We have to put Bush back in. Looking at John "Harry" Kerry the way he changes his direction to meet what ever crowd he is talking to I have no idea what his agenda really is? His talk about a $50 tax on handgun ammo and who knows what else he will do to us honest gun owners and sportsman do we have another choice but to put bush back in? I wish we did have someone else but were stuck with Bush. I think if Kerry gets in office we will lose bigtime as sportsman/hunters. It will be the beginning of the end for gun owners. I think the gun ban will return with a lot more on it and only us the good/honest gun guys will suffer. Plus I think for a guy who has so many purple hearts and never spilled one drop of blood has me worried too. We put the draft dodg'in, skirt sniff'in, pot smok'in slick willy in there and we lost all those years because hilary ran the country and we never moved ahead, heck the whole country was like "deadstick'in" in one spot for all those years. While the middle east fungus formented into what it is today he was a sleep at the helm. I like to vote for non of the above but we only have GWB? All of us sportman have to put in office locally and nation wide who supports us we need to make smart choices now we can't afford to make mistakes. BigBill

Send the Ketchup guy packing!!!!
#396907 - 09/30/04 03:08 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jimmy Offline

Bush is an idiot.
I feel sick just watching him talk. \:\(
He really was never elected to begin with.

He is also an midget. \:\)
I cant believe they are making them stand so far apart
Keep that in mind when you watch the clown tonight.

Great mess we have in Iraq? What are we there for again. No WMD. No link to 911. Now over 1000 dead. I cant wait to get drafted over there and fight for that \:\(

Great environmental policies. He takes donations for the energy lobbyists and then let them continue to dump mercury, lets them keep dams that are killing off the pacific salmon, etc.

What a mistake.

Ill vote for anyone but Bush. Its that simple.
#396908 - 09/30/04 03:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
MADMIKE Offline

The Red Sox Rule , They are a much better team than anyone else around and I can't wait till the Playoffs . We have plenty of time to set our rotation and get the correct matchups . The Sox have a better record than Last season and everyone said this was a lost year.

Oops wrong thread , I heard there was an arguement thread and I thought it must be Baseball . \:\)

Mike

Straight From The Mate!

Kingfisher Charters Inshore/Offshore/Live Bait Noank
Call Capt Mark:860-573-3614

I Love animals..... They're Delicious!

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"
#396909 - 09/30/04 03:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm dumping Spicoli.... Anyone else willing to watch my back? \:D

Seriously now....,

The Op/Ed pieces in the Newspapers have been interesting of late.

It's obvious that whoever wins this election, they are stuck with "Problem Iraq", and no one as yet has any clue what to do with it.

Our other worldwide threats make it paramount to me to have elected a person who can deal with International Issues.

President Bush's grasp of general World Geography has impressed me since he acquired our highest office. But, I guess, being pushed into a 4 year crash course on the subject would benifit anyone.

Both magazines "Sports Afield" and "Outdoor Life" have recently published interviews with Bush and Kerry. I hope that many of you have read them in regards to how they reflect on our hunting and fishing rights. Bush, in the 2 interviews, seems to have a hard time remembering what his favorite gun is, but he does have them, and that is good, and a big plus for us here is that Bush is an avid fisherman.

Kerry, while maybe not remembering how to properly handle a gun, has in the past used them, and I think his military service should never be held suspect, but his preference for waffles over pancakes, perhaps, should be.

Kerry, to me, appears stiff. Bush is loose, and cocky. I, for one, would be more apt to vote for the former Governor of Minnesota were he inclined to run. You'd be hard pressed to catch Jesse Ventura in a lie or a waffle.....You see what you get with him, and I've admired his frankness these last years.

Lastly...., If there is any evidence of "chad- lessness" this time around, I would suggest Florida be sceeded from the Union and left to the mercy of all hurricanes.

God Bless America and may Ilian Gonzalus' raft float..... \:D
#396910 - 09/30/04 03:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
K.C. you talking about Bush's 248-caliber varmit rifle?
Page 1 of 177 1 2 3 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics