ctfisherman.com logo
Page 76 of 177 < 1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397652 - 10/12/04 09:07 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Ice, I was talking about the recovering economy back in February when politics was open season here. The lefties on this site were screaming about how horrible it is. I honestly believe that they celebrate even the smallest piece of news that they can interpret as "bad news". If the estimates of new jobs come in at 250,000 but wind up being 200,000 they dance and sing that the sky is falling. Gloom and Doom is really a sad campaign song.

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
Fishing Info
#397653 - 10/12/04 09:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

The "lefties" as you refer to them tend to rely more on emotion than fact which is why many of them become shrill and insulting. ;\)
#397654 - 10/12/04 09:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

JFM:

First, for the ten thousandth time, I am not angry at ANYONE, nor do I hate ANYONE (except Ann Coulter, although I am beginning to develop certain feelings of hostility towards you and Jon h). I simply see injustice and wish to help correct it, I see wrong and seek to make it right. Not for me, but for my children, and for others and their children. For the ten thousandth time, I seek nor expect, nor need, NOTHING for myself. I am doing fine, really, thank you! The "system"? The "Man"? WTF are you TALKING ABOUT?!?

Second, as a State employee who can retire after 20 years... of being motherf***ed, spit at, kicked, punched, choked, held over for double shifts, work weekends and holidays, work 2nd and 3rd shifts, I FREAKIN EARN AND DESERVE EVERYTHING I GET, INCLUDING MY 20 YEAR RETIREMENT, JUST THE SAME AS YOU, JOE SALESMAN! I HELP TO EDUCATE AND REHABILITATE KIDS THAT NO ONE ELSE CAN REACH OR HANDLE, INCLUDING THEIR PARENTS, THE SCHOOLS, THE POLICE, THE COURTS, PRIVATE RESIDENTIAL PLACEMENTS, PSYCHIATRISTS, PSYCHOLOGISTS; EXACTLY WTF USEFUL, MEANINGFUL SERVICE DO YOU SUPPLY TO OUR SOCIETY? HOW DOES WHAT YOU DO BENEFIT ANYONE EXCEPT #62 ON SOME LIST OF RICH A$$HOLES!?!?

I get the same retirement and benefit package as State Troopers and Corrections Officers, do you disrespect them and begrudge them their state benefits as well? I'd like to see you do it to one of our faces, as you are so fond of challenging others! I know a few of the guys down at Troop F, I'm sure they would LOVE to hear you say some s**t like that!

I have completed 2 years of college, not that that is any of your business or relevant to anything we are discussing. THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME!! THIS IS ABOUT OUR COUNTRY, THIS IS ABOUT HOW IT IS RUN AND HOW IT COULD BE BETTER FOR THOSE LESS FORTUNATE THAN ME! I know this is all hard for you to comprehend, but do try!

"I knew it...I knew it..." Gimme a break!! Could you BE more JUVENILE!?

TRY, just TRY, to mount some semblence of an intelligent, rational, relevant, argument before you sit down and type such total NONSENSE!!

Why do you feel compelled to attack ME, PERSONALLY? Can't you counter my editorials and ideologies with something of substance? Very low debate tactic. If you can't win against the message, attack the messenger!

Boy, are YOU limited! How much education have YOU obtained? I got news, YOU WASTED YOUR TIME AND MONEY!
#397655 - 10/12/04 09:27 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

IceBuster...

I learned a long time ago that it's just an excersize in frustration to try and engage in inteligent conversation with ultra-conservatives (just as you may have with moderates and liberals). Logic doesn't work, reason doesn't work, facts don't work. As long as there are heritage foundation sites spouting lies, discussion leads to frustration. But that's their goal. So why bother.

If you enjoy it though, have yourself a blast. But don't be surprised by bad reactions when you push someone too far. They are guarenteed.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#397656 - 10/12/04 09:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

I do enjoy it.

I also recognize the futility but am mindful of the many who simply lurk here. Will I change any minds? probably not, the lines were drawn too long ago.

I do hope to influence the tone though. Maybe I will even cause some to actually do their own research outside of media editorial pages.

I am actually devoloping some warm feelings for nu2salt. ;\)

He is reasonable enough, wrong but reasonable....I hope he will come out fishing with me when the water gets hard......You're coming to Champlain at the end of January, ok nu?
#397657 - 10/12/04 09:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Nu2Salt:

Your hostility toward the "establishment", which you seem to think are the conservatives, comes from what you perceive to be a gross inadequacy in your life. You're mad at those who "have", but deep down, mad at yourself for not acheiving better in your life.

Perhaps you'd be less hostile if you finished college and didn't have to be "kicked", "punched" , "spit at", etc etc etc..

Quote:
How much education have YOU obtained?
Bachelor of Science, 1986
Master of Business Administration (MBA), 1991.

I guess I wasted my money....eh?!?!?

#397658 - 10/12/04 09:58 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by IceBusteR:
John, you may be playing rough with nu but you read my mind. \:\)

I don't have the luxury of a fat state sponsered benefits package unfortunately. Everything I have I got myself. No one ever gave me anything.

Earlier, just before nu started calling me icecube, someone posted an article written by a NYTimes editorialist. Facts generated by a guy with an axe to grind....nice try but you'll have to a WHOLE lot better than that! \:\)

By the way....I notice that no one took up the tax issue after I burst the bubble with the facts (non NYT) I am gaining ground. \:D

I have also noticed that most here are anti Bush but not pro Kerry....in other words even though JFK is an atrocious candidate, you support him regardless of his record because he isn't GWB.
ICE:

First, I LIKE IT ROUGH!! BRING IT THE F**K ON!!

Second, My "fat state sponsered benefits package" is something I work very hard for and do so in an environment that most of you wouldn't last an hour, never mind a day! I perform a valuable service to the state, under adverse and dangerous conditions, and I EARN my pay, and my benefits. My career choice goes deeper than lining my own pockets. Like I said to JFM, is that how you feel about Troopers and C.O.'s too? I had considered you a worthy debate adversary, with something intelligent to offer, who made some good points and good arguments, but your ignorance is showing.

BTW, I agree with you about means testing, but feel that privatizing SS would only benefit the wealthy and disenfranchise the other 80 or 90% of the country. Just my 2 cents.
#397659 - 10/12/04 10:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

JFM:

Your degree is in Business administration, not psychology, your half a$$ed psychoanalysis of me could not BE further off base! Stick to what you know!

And yes, you CLEARLY wasted your time and money! No matter HOW many degrees and letters you have after your name! Your edcuation is WASTED ON YOU!! YOU CONTRIBUTE NOTHING TO OUR SOCIETY! YOU ARE A WASTE OF SPACE!!

I am only hostile towards the CURRENT "establishment" which is made up and led by Little Enus & "COMPANY". Govt by the wealthy for the wealthy at its finest! I was NOT hostile towards the govt under Mr. Clinton!

If I had a freakin PHD and was making a million dollars a year sitting on an island managing a stock portfolio, I would feel exactly the same as I do now! What's right is right! (no pun intended!) My ideals would not change one bit! My parents raised me better than that! They are hard working democrats with a middle class work ethic too!

I could go back to school and finish my degree, but I have found something I LIKE to do, I LIKE working with my kids, DESPITE the risks and the down side. I am not ANGRY about it! I'm ANGRY about idiots like you who devalue and disparage what I do, and begrudge me my earnings and benies. I find my work REWARDING and GRATIFYING, and find rewards and gratification do NOT equate to just a PAY CHECK! And BTW I make pretty good money, and my income is only limited by how much OT I am willing to work. I have NEVER complained about MY LOT IN LIFE, OR MY INCOME! Again, as I said before, reading comprehension is NOT your strong suit, again proving that your education is wasted on you!

You and others have promoted hard work and sacrifice and when I tell you how I have worked hard and sacrificed and rose above my beginnings and succeeded, bought a house, raised 3 great kids, 2 of which are college educated, the third on his way, and how I live comfortably, you BELITTLE ME!! HOW DARE YOU!! HYPOCRITES, LIKE I SAID BEFORE!! I've done what you said, and it's STILL not enough!

The interesting thing is all you on the right only seem to worry about what you think is good for YOU PERSONALLY, and your wallets. Whereas I and others here see beyond our own noses, and think about the GREATER GOOD FOR EVERYONE!

Nice try! I aint the one!
#397660 - 10/12/04 10:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

BR:

I may have referred to "the system" because that's what it is, a "system".

But I have NEVER made reference to "THE MAN"!!

I DEFINITELY expected more from YOU!
#397661 - 10/12/04 10:25 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

IB:

I would LOVE to go fishing with you! \:\)

However, I'm afraid you might try to cut a hole in the ice under me!!

Actually, I'm not much for ice fishing, but I'd give it a shot, just to hang out, eat, drink, and socialize with nice folks like you! ;\) \:D
Page 76 of 177 < 1 2 ... 74 75 76 77 78 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics