ctfisherman.com logo
Page 148 of 177 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398372 - 11/01/04 08:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Mark Weaver, a lawyer for the Ohio Republican Party, said after the ruling by Judge Dlott and before the ruling by Judge Adams that the Republicans would ask the Sixth United States District Court of Appeals in Cincinnati to overturn it, The Associated Press reported."

And of course if that fails they'll take it to the Supreme Court, where Bush's buddies will be sure to give him a helping hand. It's starting already!!

Kapt,

I never said and don't believe Bush is responsible for all of our problems. But he hasn't done anything to make things better, and has done plenty to make things worse. Just my view, you're entitled to yours.

JFM,

Please tell me again how our war on terror has anything remotely whatsoever to do with Bush invading, conquering, and occupying Iraq?

I supported him 100% on Afghanistan, and would support military action anywhere he can demonstrate a bonafide threat or link to terrorism. He never made that case in Iraq, in my opinion, which I am entitled to.

I said right from the very beginning on Iraq, that he was scapegoating and politicizing the war on terror. He used the war on terror and 9-11 as a convenient excuse to go to war in Iraq, and capitalized on the emotions of the American people who wanted an enemy and a scapegoat, and who fits that bill better than Saddam Hussein? This was a calculated political ploy designed to put profits in the pockets of his biggest political contributors, gain political support from his base, and win further political support from his fundamentalist Christian constituency.

It never mattered wether Hussein had WMD's or not, or wether he was any kind of threat, or wether he had any links to terrorism. Bush knew he could sell people like you and Jon h. on his war because you are so hungry for revenge for 9-11, and you group all Muslims in the Middle East together, so you would all support him and thus solidify his political base. It's so obvious, and so elementary, how can you not see it?

We stayed out of WWII until we were attacked. We were working very hard to reach a diplomatic solution to our conflict with Japan. Despite the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, it was the right thing to do. War should never be undertaken unless absolutely necessary. When that point is reached is highly subjective, and depends on the specific situation. It requires a statesman and a diplomat, like FDR, or JFK, not an incompetent, short sighted, intellectually challenged huckster like GWB.

Going to war in Iraq at that point in time under the totality of those circumstances was morally and diplomatically wrong. The cost in bloodshed and our global standing has not been worthwhile, as we are no safer now than we were before we went in there. People like you just feel better, and Bush has built his campaign for president upon one of the greatest military and foreign relations blunders in all of American history.

Respectfully,

Jim
Fishing Info
#398373 - 11/01/04 08:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2salt:

Bush knew he could sell people like you and Jon h. on his war because you are so hungry for revenge for 9-11, and you group all Muslims in the Middle East together, so you would all support him and thus solidify his political base.
Yes, Nu2Salt, damn straight I want revenge for 9/11. And, yes, I want to prevent Muslim extremists from attacking again our country again. If the peaceful Muslims don’t start speaking out about their evil brethren, yes, I want them killed, too. So far, I haven’t heard more than few Muslims condemning the actions of 9/11. Eventually, they’ll realize we’re not dancing around the issue of the survival of our country any more.

Argue Iraq and the WMDs till you’re blue in the face. It’s only the beginning of a campaign with us on the offensive, instead of the defensive -- a posture which lured these evil vermin to attacking us in the first place.

I’m only praying that when we find Osama, and start wiping the rest of his ilk out, that you’re right there with me thinking it is right and just.
#398374 - 11/01/04 08:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch,

I believe in your rush to indict me, you failed to read what Icebuster posted BEFORE I posted that.

"John Kerry is a smarmy opportunist(just ask his wives). He has no core.
He will back stab anyone to get to the top of the heap. His fabricated testimony in 1971 was used by the NV to torture POW's and prolong their incarciration. He is a liar of the first order. He is a murderer and he is most especially......WEAK!

He met with and negotiated with enemies of America with no regard for those he left behind, he is a treasonous coward! He belongs in jail.

Get your issues fixed and watch the rest."

Typical conservative! You must take lessons from Ann Coulter!

"The content and points from everyone on the left here have been really weak. But what’s really pathetic is the delivery from you guys. Either you’re posting yourself to death, you’re posting conspiracy links/theories, you’re cutting and pasting opinion pieces from obscure websites, or you’re posting adolescent cheap shots. In between all that, you maybe tried to tackle a few real issues."

Why is it that when a conservative calls a decorated combat veteran and U.S. Senator a "murderer", a "liar", "weak", and a "treasonous coward", who "belongs in jail", that's OK, apparently you feel that is a substantive argument, but when I rebutt those false and slanderous, libelous accusations with this:

"Bush was a lazy, goldbricking, slacker in the ANG, who couldn't even show up for duty, and got away with it. Anyone else would have been locked up.

Bush and his cronies are guilty of election fraud. They belong in jail.

Bush is a war criminal in Iraq. 100,000 civilian casualties in a war that had no justification.

Bush belongs in jail.

Get your issues fixed and vote for Kerry on Tuesday!"

you call it an adolescant cheap shot? My allegations are every bit as valid as Icebusters, and were made in REPLY! You quote me completely out of context, and ignore what Ice posted FIRST! It's OK if a conservative does it, but not when it is turned back around on YOU, RIGHT!?!

Sorry, Mitch, I've said it before, TURNABOUT IS FAIR PLAY! WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!

If it's good enough for Icebuster to post,

THEN IT'S FAIR GAME FOR ME TO REPLY IN KIND!!!!!!
#398375 - 11/01/04 08:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"The political battle is almost over. Then, the one that really matters -- no matter who you vote for -- continues on –- the fight against the savages bent on destroying the greatest country on earth.

After this thread shuts down, I hope the next time we go down the political road is to discuss how, when, where and how we captured that murdering, sub-human, evil, coward who kills innocent people -– Osama."

I am 100% with you on Osama and anyone else who is guilty of terrorism, including countries that we can PROVE support and sponsor terrorism. Iraq never met that test. Syria meets that test, Saudia Arabia meets that test and 15 of the 19 9-11 hijackers was Saudi.

WHY AREN'T WE GOING AFTER SAUDI ARABIA?

WHEN ARE YOU GUYS GOING TO START ASKING BUSH THE HARD QUESTIONS ABOUT HIS BUSINESS CONNECTIONS WITH THE SAUDI'S? BIN LADEN AND HIS FELLOW SAUDI TERRORISTS ARE BEING PROTECTED BY THE SAUDI ROYALS WHO ARE BUSH'S BUSINESS PARTNERS!

FIGURE IT OUT!! IT'S NOT HARD!!
#398376 - 11/01/04 08:52 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

N@S, I don't know what your taking for pain meds, but I wish I had a couple of bottles. Mitch made a comment about the Libs rabid and rampant conspiracy theories, and 2 posts later, you go and prove him right! Way to go!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398377 - 11/01/04 08:58 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch P.:
[QUOTE]

Yes, Nu2Salt, damn straight I want revenge for 9/11. And, yes, I want to prevent Muslim extremists from attacking again our country again. If the peaceful Muslims don’t start speaking out about their evil brethren, yes, I want them killed, too. So far, I haven’t heard more than few Muslims condemning the actions of 9/11. Eventually, they’ll realize we’re not dancing around the issue of the survival of our country any more.

Argue Iraq and the WMDs till you’re blue in the face. It’s only the beginning of a campaign with us on the offensive, instead of the defensive -- a posture which lured these evil vermin to attacking us in the first place.

I’m only praying that when we find Osama, and start wiping the rest of his ilk out, that you’re right there with me thinking it is right and just.
Mitch,

I absolutely support any and all efforts to track down and KILL Bin Laden and any other terrorists responsible for 9-11 or any other terrorist acts. Like I have said throughout this thread, I NEVER opposed our incursion into Afghanistan. THAT WAS JUSTIFIED AND RIGHTEOUS.

That does not justify our war in Iraq.

That does not justify the civilian deaths of 100,000 innocent Iraqis.

That type of bloodshed is NOT justified by our efforts to track down and kill terrorists.

We cannot kill every peaceful citizen in the Middle East in order to try to get those animals. That makes us no better than them. Do not twist yourself into the very thing you seek to destroy. You will lose your soul and your humanity.

How many innocent Muslims or other citizens of Middle East countries are you willing to sacrifice in your "CRUSADE"? Do you believe we should KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT?

I want revenge for 9-11 too. But I want to exact it from the guilty, while protecting the innocent. We have to be BETTER than those animals, or we don't DESERVE our freedom. Our country, MY country, the country I LOVE, cannot resort to GENOCIDE in the name of our own security.

WE HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO PROVIDE FOR OUR OWN SAFETY AND DEFENSE WITHOUT KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE AND PUNISHING THEM FOR CRIMES THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH!!

Otherwise, we will cease to BE the greatest country in the world. We will be NO BETTER than those who attacked OUR innocents on 9-11, AND THEN THEY WILL HAVE DESTROYED US ANYWAY, AND WE WILL NO LONGER BE WHO WE ARE, AND WILL NO LONGER BE WHAT IT IS THAT MAKES US THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.

We stand for something in this country. We stand for truth, we stand for freedom, we stand for justice, we stand for respect for our fellow man and respect for human life. If we allow them to make us abandon what we stand for they will have made us what THEY are, they will have turned us inside out and shown the whole world that we are FRAUDS, AND HYPOCRITES!

THEN THEY WILL HAVE WON ANYWAY!

THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! LISTEN TO YOURSELF!
#398378 - 11/01/04 09:01 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Baitboy,

Sit quietly, the grown ups are talking. :p ;\) \:D
#398379 - 11/01/04 09:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

nu2salt: Do you read all your posts?

"Baitboy": Pay Dr. Pepper no mind.

Mitch: We gotta teach you how to fire a weapon....

Tommorrow morning I get to go and vote in a building in my hometown that was built turn of last century, and where I went to school for 1st and 2nd grade. Can't wait to see the same Townies that are there every 4 years.
#398380 - 11/01/04 09:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

..."that murdering, sub-human, evil, coward who kills innocent people..."

...who kills innocent people.

Innocent People.

Are you getting this yet?

Killing innocent people.

Is that how we get REVENGE for our 3,000 innocent victims on 9-11? By killing 100,000 of THEIR innocent countrymen for something they had nothing to do with? For something that Bin Laden and 15 Saudis and the Taliban and Al-Qaeda did? Is that JUSTICE? Is that MORAL? Is that RIGHTEOUS? Is that what the United States of America stands for?
#398381 - 11/01/04 09:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
Cant believe i'm saying this, but i'll miss this thread. It's gotten to the point where even the die-hards are crying foul in other threads, and questioning members rights to post here or be on the site. I say we let it go until the local elections, and see who snaps first and hurts someone for real. How about a 50/50 raffle based on a member/date incident ?? I've changed my mind and decided to vote for the candidate that will piss off the most people on CTF just to keep the wheel real squeaky. Bring my camera in the booth tomorrow \:D Maybe i'll vote for whoever K.C. tells me too. I've been feeling funny since i ate a pile of that chicken he made Saturday.

Granted, Salt's keyboard has been worked to death in this thread, and he has said some crazy bull flop, but everyone who has "contributed" the most posts said some evil-fried crap too. Minus this dumpster of a thread, he has started an outing, attended 2 (if you include the one he started), and posted 10 fishing reports. In 3 months on the site. This stupid f***ing thread aside, how do you rate him as a member ? Better than i did in my first 3 months. I dont remember anyone asking Val why he was on the site either before the thread.

I'm not nu2salt's mouthpiece, dont think so for a minute. Folks wanted this dumpster, and you got it. Now the complaining has begun to toss members over this tripe. Sad. I've heard way to many folks give the old "dont like it, dont read it" war cry, only to balk like an old mule.
Flip, Flop. Which is it ??

I dont believe in discussing politics over the internet. Period.. It's too easy to be a Keyboard Klown. Wanna know who i voted for and why ? Ask me in person, after youve shaken my hand, and shared a meal or beverage. I sure love to read this stuff though. Saves me a lot of digging too. ;\) :p

(edited for spelling errors)

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
Page 148 of 177 < 1 2 ... 146 147 148 149 150 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics