ctfisherman.com logo
Page 93 of 177 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397822 - 10/14/04 06:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Kevin, I thought Colt already made Colt .45 Malt liquor, aka "the elixer of the gods"? \:D Nuthin' dis here good ole boy dud'nt like more den gettin' good and snookered 'fore I goes ta coon huntin'!

RMW, Still, the mag limit is 10 rounds + one "up the spout". Technically, it only cut the Browning Hi-Power, for example, down 3 rounds, from 13 to 10. I've always been a .45 man, meself, so the ban did'nt effect me much. "sides, I stocked up on high cap mags before the ban, so my safe is loaded with them. Reckon I should have sold them 5 years ago for a big profit, before the ban lapsed.

The reality now, is, that even if the ban is re-imposed by a new Congress/Kerry, the manufactures have already produced millions of new, "grandfathered" mags/"assault weapons" for the gun market. They were all tooled up, just waiting for the deadline to pass. Kind of ironic.

Bush, in his typical stumbling, blundering way, did make an excellent point last night when he stated that exsisting gun violations should be heavily prosecuted. They're doing that in Ct., and it works!

Recently, I've noticed, they've been busting drug dealers in Bpt., and finding they are carrying knifes, rather than guns! The penalty for carrying an illegal gun is so high now, no self-respecting drug dealer wants to be caught dead with one! Which isn't to say illegal guns are'nt still a problem; just that gun crime is way down. Check the latest FBI/Ct crime stats for confirmation.

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Fishing Info
#397823 - 10/14/04 06:36 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Greg S. Offline

Come on guys...37 pages! \:o You know Bush is going to win! ;\) This will lighten up this thread Bush,Kerry \:D

God is great...Beer is good...Women are CRAZY!!
#397824 - 10/14/04 06:37 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

Lol Bait, King Cobra ain't bad either, the drink not the 6-shot. \:D
#397825 - 10/14/04 06:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

richard4878: I don't read all the posts here. I've jumped in from time to time. Your posts are the type I am apt to skip. I read enough of you to just get the "whine", then I go elsewhere.

I read every post in Offshore and will make sure that a debacle such as this does not start there.

Val: I never called Bush "steadfast". Your confused again.
#397826 - 10/14/04 06:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear gun lovers,

Can I recommend to your attention the following forum on this site:

"Hunting>> Talk killing tasty animals and weapons here"
#397827 - 10/14/04 06:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Zach S. Offline

Loc: Pardeeville, WI
I'd have to say this thread is "anything goes" talk hunting, politics, religion, shoe size- whateva'

Fishing is way too important to take so seriously...
#397828 - 10/14/04 06:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Hey Zach whats your point \:D
#397829 - 10/14/04 06:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Zach, I don't recall anybody talking religion, but then again, this thread is sooo....long, who the heck knows? But, now that you bring it up, when are all you CTF'ers going to come to your sense and worship the true Gods: Thor, Odin, Freya, et al, and take your place in the Heavens with Odin and me, where the brave will live forever? (Gee, you think I've seen "The 13th Warrior" too many times?) \:D

Zach, you want to go shooting with me? I'm taking out my Mini with the 75 round drum mag to kill Muskies/Northern Pike to make more room for Drum and Carp! You're more than welcome to join me, Crappie-Spanker! \:D

Oh, and Buck, hope you're going goose hunting! \:D

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397830 - 10/14/04 06:57 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, in this case here is a cultural article.

web page

I only paste an excerpt.

George Bush, The Worst Mexican President Ever
By El Fisgón.
(KC, forgive me the boldness)

"... Globalization tends to blur or erase all economic, geographic, and cultural boundaries, leaving high technology to coexist with primitive forms of exploitation: Taiwan sells watches to the Swiss; Brazil exports technology to Germany; and all evidence suggests that George Bush has stolen his ruling style from old-fashioned Mexican politicians.

Mexican political culture has very defined features and the President of the United States has absorbed them all: The classical Mexican political boss usually inherits his power from his father. The typical Mexican cacique has a love for guns as well as an inclination toward violence and cruelty; he despises legality and intellectual activity, has a personal history of alcoholism and dissipation, lies systematically, and declares himself a faithful servant of God. (Did we miss anything?)

According to Mexican tradition, politicians always reach their positions thanks to a fraudulent electoral process and then surround themselves with a clique which uses its power to conduct "business" on a staggering scale while in office. The Florida electoral thievery and Halliburton's Iraq contract are classic examples of Mexican corruption.

Based on a complex pyramid of political bosses, a totalitarian presidential regime flourished in Mexico. It was organized around a political party whose name remains a monument to paradox: the Revolutionary Institutional Party (PRI). Names aside, the PRI model was so efficient (for the PRI, of course) that the party was able to hold power for more than seventy years. The Peruvian writer Mario Vargas Llosa called it "the perfect dictatorship."

This dictatorship was a mark of shame for all Mexicans. Only Mexico's political cartoonists were able to benefit from it. The profuse manifestations of cynicism and obsequiousness it produced were a delight for us. In the Mexican court, dialogues like the following were not uncommon and completely irresistible:

The President asks: "What time is it?"

His minister replies: "Whatever time you say, Mister President.

Our presidents were almighty creatures, the voices of God on Earth. Not to be with them was to be against them. After them came the final flood or the atomic apocalypse.

In order to maintain its political control, this regime needed to restrain civil rights and limit freedom of the press. While others fell silent, Mexican political bosses, lacking any kind of legal or moral counterweight, spoke with an enviable freedom and without moral scruples, unbounded by reality. They used to say things like: "In the state of Guerrero, the only ones who complain are the poor," referring of course to 98% of the population; or "I can't say yes or no, but quite the opposite."

Undoubtedly, George Bush had these wise men in mind when he insisted that the French weren't able to understand the United States because they didn't have a word for "entrepreneur." Having learned such turns of phrase and so much more from Mexican politicians, he has now scaled the heights of Mexican political achievement, becoming the most notorious cacique of modern times, and he's done this, without paying his predecessors a cent in royalties. ..."
#397831 - 10/14/04 07:01 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Offline

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Comrade Val:

Do you realize that no one reads your posts.

Man.....cutting and pasting any off the wall story or article you can find on the internet ain't no way to win an argument.

To me...it shows a lack of personal knowledge of the topic.

Page 93 of 177 < 1 2 ... 91 92 93 94 95 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics