ctfisherman.com logo
Page 111 of 177 < 1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398002 - 10/18/04 10:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Nu2Metal
I'm a pretty out-spoken guy, but you just stepped WAY over the line!!
You may not see things as JFM does & this conversation as gotten way to heated, but the wife comment definately deserves an apology.
That's just extremely poor taste & very bad form.
Val, is everyone that does not agree with you a neo-nazi, right wing conservative????
Fishing Info
#398003 - 10/18/04 10:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You people are confusing me.....I think you are all one person, all made up in my brain...., and I'm an aomeba, the center of the Universe, or at least the answer to the question.....

Kerry couldn't be President, 'cause he won't be elected. Bush shouldn't be elected, 'cause he cheated last time.

When all this is over, you'll wish that I was elected. \:D
#398004 - 10/18/04 10:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

Val, this will be extremely embarrassing for you, and I will deserve an apology, but the document that you posted has nothing to do with Kerry's discharge from the service. The document is for Kerry's graduation from the US Naval Officer Candidate School dated 15 December 1966. Approximately six years later, on 17 February 1972, would be Kerry's Nominal Date of Expiration of Assignment. That is when it was anticipated he would get his honorable discharge from the Navy but of course, we know he was let out early with a less than honorable discharge.
Now for the bad news. Kerry's discharge document is on his site and it shows 1978. Plus it shows a reference to some regs as for the reason it was so late. So now I am going to have to do some more research and find out why his discharge was changed to honorable under President Carter's amnesty program for Vietnam era undesirables.
#398005 - 10/18/04 10:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Too late, Kra-Cee. I already wish it. :p (But how you managed to steal the nomination away from Mr. Mitchie-poo

By the by, all you Buchanan fans may get a real kick out of this:

http://www.amconmag.com/2004_11_08/cover.html

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398006 - 10/18/04 10:38 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buck,

Please post the link to the document you refer to on Kerry's site.
#398007 - 10/18/04 10:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val: Please post a link to your sanity......SANITY...., not salinity! \:D

Mummer: I wish you to speak at my immigration...., ah, innumeration..., ummmmm, my address dingy hoo to da nation. ;\)
#398008 - 10/18/04 10:58 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

Nu2salt, last time on this Bush military issue and then we will have to agree to disagree. Here is my position:
--George Bush received an honorable discharge on time, when he was supposed to receive it without any presidential amnesties (unlike Kerry which I am going to prove in my next post).
--George Bush undoubtably got help getting into the pilot program in the Air National Guard. But that is not a "cushy job". He flew the same equivalent Air Force fighters that Vietnam vets flew. In fact, he and his unit were available for assignment in Thailand to fly fighter/interceptor missions over North Vietnam. Nothing cushy about that.
--George Bush was on active duty for at least two years. Logically, it takes at least that time to be combat qualified which he was. That is probably equal to or greater than the active duty time Kerry served. Bush then served two years or more in the active reserve flying every week so he was in the active reserve but Kerry wasn't, he bailed out of the Navy early to found the Vietnam Veterans Against the War. Bush then was on inactive reserve status for his fifth and sixth year, just like I was, just like every reservist is whether it be the Navy, Air Force, Marines or Army. His position was taken by an Air Force pilot wishing to stay in the active Air Force Reserve just as my job was taken by an Army Reserve Officer wanting to stay in the active reserves. I explained this a few days ago in another post.
So Bush did his duty and got an honorable discharge on time and has released his military records.
John Kerry got our early, got at best a general discharge but it may have been dishonorable, threw his medals away, protested the war, discriminated against all Vietnam Vets by calling them "war criminals", met with the enemy, and had to beg for an honorable discharge from President Carter under his amnesty program.
Why Kerry would make his military record the center piece of his presidential strategy is totally beyond me. It was insane. The only answer is that he and his advisors felt that the american public was so stupid that they would never figure it out and with the war on terror raging who would question his service and it would be a great smoke-screen to hide his horrendous Senate record. But the truth has come out and he doesn't have the answers. In fact, none of us do yet because Kerry refuses to release his military records.
#398009 - 10/18/04 11:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

I agree slacktide, a line does have to be drawn in the sand. What's next? Are someone's kids or mom fair play. People should stick to the issues.
#398010 - 10/18/04 11:05 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Buck, great post. Finally some clarity on that issue. \:\)

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#398011 - 10/18/04 11:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin B:
I agree slacktide, a line does have to be drawn in the sand. What's next? Are someone's kids or mom fair play. People should stick to the issues.
I disagree with both Kevin and Slacktide. Personnal attacks, aka "The Politics of Personnal Destruction" seem to be perfectly acceptable in modern American politcial discourse. That being said, Kevin, I know, for an absolute, undeniable fact, that MY mother wears Army boots! Yeah, that's right!

Don't laugh, "Slacker"; I also have it on unimpeachable authority, that MY sister wears Army boots, as well! There, got ya both! Wait a minute....that did'nt come out right.....What the f.....Oh, fiddlesticks! Nevermind! ;\)

As an addendum, I would like to take a page right out of the Democratic National Committees playbook, and claim prejudice, slander, and disenfranchicement against yours truly, Le Great Bait-runair, even though none of the aforementioned has actually happened...yet! \:D

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Page 111 of 177 < 1 2 ... 109 110 111 112 113 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics