ctfisherman.com logo
Page 98 of 177 < 1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397872 - 10/15/04 01:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard,

Are you always so 'fair and balanced'? The lady also said that almost everybody in her family, including one of her daughters, served in the Military. So they all fought for their country just to get on the dole? So her grief is 'overdramatic'. You really think so? Don't you have any decency?
Fishing Info
#397873 - 10/15/04 01:05 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
richard4878 Offline

Her greif is completely understandable. I just thought it looked a bit staged in the movie thats all. I just don't understand how you can not support a war yet encourage your children to join up? Im really not trying to argue, im just trying to understand. I just watched the movie last night.

17 foot sundance skiff with 50hp jhonson.
#397874 - 10/15/04 01:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it really so tough to figure out? She and her family had always supported the Military and the Country before Bush started this dirty war. She and her son didn't support the war in Iraq. You heard his letter. He wrote that they were fighting for nothing. I repeat: dead people don't lie.
#397875 - 10/15/04 01:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
richard4878 Offline

cool, i understand now. thanks Val.

17 foot sundance skiff with 50hp jhonson.
#397876 - 10/15/04 01:17 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Richard,

If your last post is sincere, it is the best moment I experienced in many days. THANK YOU.
#397877 - 10/15/04 01:44 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

"Our rights are getting downright pathitic! In Mass I cannnot even keep a self defense weapon at the ready in my own bedroom!!! All guns in the house must be trigger locked or in a safe or you can be convicted of a felony. What good is that when a burgurlar comes in in the middle of the night? Is he going to wait while I unlock my gun? I don't think so! This law is that Ahole Kerrys doing!!!!"
I agree it's a stupid law, but what's dumber than having an unlocked gun in a house full of kids??
#397878 - 10/15/04 02:03 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BP Offline

How many families did Moore have to have "on deck" to guarentee that he could film a family beofore a soldier was deployed, and then after their tragic loss.

1,000 fatalities of 3,50000 soldiers depolyed = a .28% chance, per family sleceted, of having this situation available to him to exploit.

How did he do that? Must have had a team of great actuaries.

The man personifies the word gouhlish!!

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#397879 - 10/15/04 02:11 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FishingFinancialAdvisor Offline

BP,

1000 / 350,000 = .28% , Is that what you mean. \:D I would seriously love to see the movie, I take it you didnt like it. Everyone who saw it was either so disgusted with Bush or so disgusted with Michael Moore. I have to go rent it tonight.

FFA
#397880 - 10/15/04 02:13 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BP Offline

Yup, thanks,

I didn't like the movie. Not because I'm not open to a lucid argument presented by those opposed ot the war in Irag, but because I felt he exploited greif and pain. I also think he "duped" many of the subjects of the film.

You're right though, rent it tonight and I would expect you'll have a strong opinion afterward one way or another.

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#397881 - 10/15/04 02:25 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

BP, you are spinning. Mr. Moore never claimed that he shot the first scene before her son was killed.

The first scene was about her work with unemployed and the horror of living in depressed areas like Flint. It was about the invisible 'unemployed' and about neighborhoods which look like bombed out war zone.

Quote:
I didn't like the movie. Not because I'm not open to a lucid argument presented by those opposed ot the war in Irag, but because I felt he exploited greif and pain. I also think he "duped" many of the subjects of the film.
Ahha. Now I see. That's why Bush banned showing dead soldiers or military funerals on TV - not to exploit greif and pain. How sensitive of him. That's why Sinclair Broadcasting banned the Night Line program from respectfully reading the names of all the falling soldiers - not to exploit greif and pain.

BTW, was Bush "duped" into making all the stupid remarks or sitting for 7 minutes in a classroom, looking like he was scared to death, after the second plane hit? Didn't he say "Fool me once..."?
Page 98 of 177 < 1 2 ... 96 97 98 99 100 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics