ctfisherman.com logo
Page 58 of 177 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397472 - 10/08/04 08:24 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
Fishing Info
#397473 - 10/08/04 09:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
stripermanofsteel Offline
If i'm not here I'm fishing

Loc: Southington, Westbrook (boat
They in my last post refers to those republicans and independent voters who believe the things I wrote are true or "Idiot America"
#397474 - 10/08/04 09:54 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Nu2Salt:

Please tell me what John Kerry did in his decades in the Senate that show that he has the attributes to lead this nation through a very very difficult time.

Bottom line, what is his record!?!

I know his record and from my perspective it is aweful and dangerous for the future of this country. He desdains the military, and it shows in his voting record. (Perhaps a backlash from his Vietname days?)

While I always harp on it, I am amazed those on the Liberal left give him a free pass on his vote for the Gulf War 1 resolution. How in the hell can you expect this man to lead us through potential terrorist acts and military intervention when he didn't believe we should have been involved in the first Gulf War campaign????

#397475 - 10/08/04 10:25 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
arlow Offline

masshole

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
 Quote:
Originally posted by stripermanofsteel:
They in my last post refers to those republicans and independent voters who believe the things I wrote are true or "Idiot America"
Last time I checked most of the media is slanted to the liberal side.

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#397476 - 10/08/04 11:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Fish Scorpio Offline

Iam not in to politic.But it might be better to have kerry in for 4 years doing nothing them to have bush get us in worse then we are.??? Just vote and not for nader. Its a lost vote fish

"I Don't Own the Water I share it" As long as I have my
plastic Guess riding on the dash board of my RIDE.

Fishin'Factory III
Middletown, CT
860-344-9139
#397477 - 10/09/04 01:09 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!

Kerry once again has proven that Bush is disguising the truth in most of his statements...Kerry pointed out what Bush had said 4 years ago...and in those statements he pointed out that Bush pulled a flip-flop of his own. that he would not enter into war without enough troops and an exit stategy, and he didn't do that and it has turned out to be over 1000 (since the war was declared over)troops worth of a flip-flop.

George Bush talks about the (un)"Patriot Act" which has it's good points such as easier communication between law enforcement organizations, but it also allowing non-warranted searches on a RACIAL bias...I can search you because you are Arab or Muslim or have a Arab sounding name WITHOUT a warrant and without giving you your Miranda rights. That is considered UNLAWFUL and UNCONSTITUTIONAL in a case where a black or hispanic is pulled over for driving through a "white" town just for being non-caucasian, that's not ok so how is this "Act" any good when it borders upon lawlessness and Marshall Law
#397478 - 10/09/04 01:14 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!

A vote for Nader is not a non-vote it is a vote for the Republicans...they are the ones who have petitioned to get Nader on every states ballot...why..a vote for Nader is a non-democratic vote or a non-Kerry vote. The republicans are scared....they know how important those few votes may end up being...no Nader in 2000 and Gore wins the election(by MORE votes)since our president was NOT EVEN the man who won.
#397479 - 10/09/04 01:34 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
arlow Offline

masshole

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
OLD VERSION:
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away. Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible

MODERN VERSION:
The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks he's a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast. How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper, and everybody cries when they sing, "It's Not Easy Being Green."

Jesse Jackson stages a demonstration in front of the ant's house where the news stations film the group singing, "We shall overcome." Jesse then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Tom Daschle & John Kerry exclaim in an interview with Peter Jennings that the ant has gotten rich off the back of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his "fair share."

Finally, the EEOC drafts the "Economic Equity and Anti-Grasshopper Act," retroactive to the beginning of the summer. The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the government.

Hillary gets her old law firm to represent the grasshopper in a defamation suit against the ant, and the case is tried before a panel of federal judges that Bill appointed from a list of single-parent welfare recipients.

The ant loses the case.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant's food while the government house he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house, crumbles around him because he doesn't maintain it.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Vote Republican

:p \:D

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#397480 - 10/09/04 01:48 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

Quote:
but it also allowing non-warranted searches on a RACIAL bias...I can search you because you are Arab or Muslim or have a Arab sounding name
Really?

I wonder if you could point that section out?

\:o
#397481 - 10/09/04 01:50 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Arlow,

Oh, BROTHER!! :rolleyes: I liked Val's story much better! I also liked Den's post entitled "A day in the life of Joe Republican" ;\)

OK, so it's not Sunday night, I got a quick minute and thought I might comment on the debate.

BRIEFLY! \:D

Bush was definitely better than last Thursday.

Kerry was every bit as good as last Thursday, maybe better.

Slight edge to Kerry. He made better arguments, IMHO, and made more sense. Bush was non-responsive to points made by Kerry. At one point Kerry just finished saying he was not opposed to something (I forget the specifics), and in the very next breath, Bush says Kerry is opposed to it.

My favorite moment: When Bush asked "Is my time up?" Meaning "Do I have to keep talkin', I'm kinda outta things to say!"

Kerry/Edwards in'04!!!
Page 58 of 177 < 1 2 ... 56 57 58 59 60 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics