ctfisherman.com logo
Page 22 of 177 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397112 - 10/05/04 02:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I didn't say I liked country :rolleyes: ; I thought all you right wingers did! :p I'm an old Led Zeppelin, Doors, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, etc., fan, and I like some Metallica, too! Hard rock all the way! \:D

But the stuff you guys call heavy metal? For the most part you can have it! Along with Bush and the Republicans! :p

I used to work as a bouncer at the Meadows and worked a Pantera show, and some others... OH MY GOD! You call that horrible NOISE!! MUSIC!!!???

Your bad taste in music is only exceeded by your poor judgement in politics!!! :p \:D
Fishing Info
#397113 - 10/05/04 02:35 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Pantera sux live, I'll give you that, as far as musical tastes go, YOU ARE A HIPPIE!!!! \:D
Damn guy, it's the 21st century!!!!
Live a little!! You don't even know what Metal is!! :p
Don't get me going on music.
#397114 - 10/05/04 02:44 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, I am a hippie, and damn proud of it!! ;\) I come by it honestly, I'm 43 for chrissake! \:D

Isn't it ironic that I am politically liberal yet musically conservative? :p

While some of you appear to be politically conservative and musically RADICAL!?!?!

\:D
#397115 - 10/05/04 02:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

I'm kinda all over the map with the music, I like all the stuff you listen too plus a bunch of everything else (minus country, just not my bag, save Chet Atkins, that guy can PLAY). I guess you could say well rounded or "centered" which is where my affiliations tend to be.
#397116 - 10/05/04 02:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Val: Name one war that went exactly as planned.

Also, are you aware and do you care, that John Kerry didn't even support his Government for the Gulf War 1 vote???

This war had UN support, so-called help by our Allies, not-preemptive, YET, John KERRY still voted AGAINST IT !!!

Think about that people. He was in the very very small minority in Washington who said we never should have ousted Iraq from Kuwait.

What more was necessary? It had ALL the elements he claims (although they are lies) that Gulf War 2 doesn't have.

Flip-Flop ...Flip-Flop. This man stands for Nothing and Everything at the same time.

John

#397117 - 10/05/04 03:01 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
 Quote:
Read what Bush's proconsul Paul Bremer says about the 'great planning' by the White House for the post-war Iraq.
And what does this tell you?

Voters
#397118 - 10/05/04 03:05 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Spicoli Offline

Do you really give a damn about Kuwait? I don't. I wouldn't vote to send our soldiers over there to get zapped for those ungrateful people either.

"I'm the master of low expectations." - George W. Bush
#397119 - 10/05/04 03:37 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

John,

Since when it is a crime to vote against a war, any war - even approved by the UN?

In hind site we would be better off not going into Kuwait via Saudi Arabia. Before the Gulf War Al Qaeda were happily fighting the Russians in Afghanistan. When we based our invasion army in Saudi Arabia, the Holy Land of Muslims, Osama bin Laden set his sights on the USA. It was the beginning of his Jihad against America which culminated in 9/11.

I do not see you denying that, based on the latest evidence, Bush lied when he said during the debate: "Kerry looked at the exact same intelligence I looked at".

The article I provided proves that the Bush administration suppressed crucial intelligence about the 'aluminum tubes' which could have raised doubts in Congress.
#397120 - 10/05/04 03:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by slacktide:
Nu2salt: country music?? COUNTRY MUSIC???? \:o :p
Spun/spin: Nice save,poor name calling. Although I really think you owe it to yourselves to think more highly of HenryL (smart cookie), after all, you wouldn't waste time or be bested by arguing with Beavis??
I hope all this political BS is buried by the time the bash comes around, I'd rather hang out with the guys then listen to bickering.
Sorry slack, I mistakenly sent you this as a PM when I intended to post.

I'm Spunfisher and I approved this message:

First off I am not spin, nor is he I . I can appreciate the confsuion, however you give me way too much credit as I wish I was at least half as smart and intuitive as he is. Next you'll be implying that I'm Spicoli ;\) ;\) . I, Spunfisher, had nothing to do with the Beavis comparison other than to clarify the confusion surrounding Spin's post by submitting a visual support for those not privy to his style of humor. I guess the consensus was that Spin's joke wasn't all that funny. \:\(

Second, I don't recall me ever knocking Henry L on this thread. He knows I happen to find him to be well educated and an overall good kid, albeit a bit too infatuated with war history and the glamorization of military conquests.

Unlike some conservatives/liberals who continually fabricate reasons for why they didn't serve OUR country, I hold Henry in high regard for his open willingness to become a member of the Armed Forces. But until he has an actual hands on experience in the service and witnesses how things work in reality, I'll continue to view his posts as merely academic.

Like my Dad told me back before I left home for Basic Military training, "Let's see how you feel after you earn a couple stripes on your sleeve."
#397121 - 10/05/04 03:49 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
Even if Kerry wins he’s still screwed. Who would want to inherent this? There’s going to be a draft no matter who wins this election to get us out this total f-up!
If anyone thinks differently might be in for rude awakening. Reservists spending two-years in country is ludicrous.
Page 22 of 177 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics