ctfisherman.com logo
Page 37 of 177 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397262 - 10/07/04 04:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

John,
It's a slow erosion of freedoms I believe they are talking about. Just because it doesn't hit you like a sledgehammer, doesn't mean it's not happening.
A large part of the Patriot Act was ruled as unconstitutional.
As a conservative you should be worried as to how mother government is looking into you. That's liberal thinking.
Fishing Info
#397263 - 10/07/04 04:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

No, liberal thinking is what is screwing up our freedom. Liberal thinking causes my grandmother to be searched at the airport while Ali Baba walks right past security. Fear of offending anyone, and a refusal to profile people is ruining our freedoms. This is nothing like "driving while black". Take a look at the people who are committing these terrorist acts. Besides a small minority, they all fit a distinct profile. If it wasn't for the left, you and I would not have any worries about our freedoms being infringed upon. The government can look into me all they want. I have nothing to hide. Do you?

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397264 - 10/07/04 04:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

I reckon everybody here as a piece of the truth, but no one is in full possession of it. ('Ceptin' me, 'o course! ;\) )

C&R's right, you put a frog into the frying pan under full heat, he hops out; put him in under gradually rising heat, he sits till he frys! This is the gradually eroding of our rights.

But the conservatives have a point, too. The Lib's with their zealous PC attitudes, have done much to erode our security apparatus. Checking out a "Camel-trucker" is "racist", so we instead frisk an 82 year old grandmother, to avoid "racial sterotyping"! Unmitigated insanity! \:o

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397265 - 10/07/04 04:40 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

jon h,

You are one very angry guy. Every TOTALITARIAN state would be proud to count you among its storm troopers. Ever thought of joining the KKK?
#397266 - 10/07/04 04:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

Racial profiling uses "race or ethnic appearance as a broad predictor of who is involved in a crime or terrorism." As a de facto policy, racial profiling dismisses the legal principles of "innocent until proven guilty" and "preponderance of evidence," and instead relies on "probable cause," "reasonable suspicion" and, perhaps most importantly, "compelling interest" to justify arbitrary interrogations and detentions. In effect, racial profiling constitutes the criminalization of entire groups within the US. Racial profiling is the domestic counterpart of Bush's new foreign policy based on preemptive strikes: profiling and preemption work together to define the human targets of the "war on terror." Objectionable on legal and political grounds, racial profiling of Arabs and others from the Middle East is also a particularly imprecise law enforcement mechanism given the tendency in the US to confuse and collapse Arabs and Muslims into one category, or to misidentify South Asians, Latinos, Africans and others as Arab Muslims. In the case of Arabs, racial profiling is premised on equating an "Arab-looking" person with terrorism. This equation conditions the October 2001 USA PATRIOT Act, which grants US law enforcement and intelligence authorities unprecedented surveillance and investigative powers

Did Timothy McVay fight into the profile?
#397267 - 10/07/04 05:00 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jon h.:
Fear of offending anyone, and a refusal to profile people is ruining our freedoms.
A gem of truth in this multi-page thread!

Who’s evil?

Islamic extremist terrorists who blow up entire buildings of innocent people from every ethnic background?

Or, us for profiling Islamic extremists who blow up entire buildings full of innocent people from every ethnic background?
#397268 - 10/07/04 05:07 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

The replies from Val and C&R are so freaking scary, its not funny. This is exactly why we do not need the second most liberal senator (after drunken Kennedy) running the show.

That is the same mentality Clinton used when they tried to blow up the Twin Towers the first time. The f-ing guy never bothered to look into it until years later. F JOHN KERRY

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397269 - 10/07/04 05:08 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Quote:
Originally posted by Val:
jon h,

You are one very angry guy. Every TOTALITARIAN state would be proud to count you among its storm troopers. Ever thought of joining the KKK?
If you think I'm mad now, you should see me when I catch a bluefish.

#397270 - 10/07/04 05:13 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Quote:
Originally posted by Catch N Release:

Did Timothy McVay fight into the profile?
I think I clarified that here "Take a look at the people who are committing these terrorist acts. Besides a small minority, they all fit a distinct profile."

#397271 - 10/07/04 05:18 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch,

All the Japanese Americans were interned during WWII.

Why don't we intern all the Arab Americans, or still better, all Arab looking Americans? Or at least make them wear a yellow Crescent on their clothing, like the Jews under Nazis.

Colombian and other Latino drug gangs are killing hundreds of thousands of innocent Americans by selling them crack and cocaine. In that sense they are more dangerous to our security than Al Qaeda. Why don't we profile all Hispanic Americans, including you and your fiancé, as possible drug runners?!
Page 37 of 177 < 1 2 ... 35 36 37 38 39 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics