ctfisherman.com logo
Page 116 of 177 < 1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398052 - 10/19/04 02:43 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach S.:
I hope he doesn't plan to ban voting!
Zach,

No, that's Bush that wants to ban voting! Have you seen some of the voting problems that are already springing up? Wasn't it the Republicans who wanted to go to the electronic computerized ballots, and didn't they hire companies with ties to their party to install them? Think it's far fetched?

What if the counts are so screwed up as to make the entire election invalid? How long can Bush postpone someone else beating him in a fair, undisputed election? How long can he hold onto power? This guy scares the hell outta me!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Zach S.:

I think we need to have a post-election party to celebrate when this election is finally over!
I SECOND THAT MOTION!!!!!!

Regards,

Jim
Fishing Info
#398053 - 10/19/04 02:50 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Bowhunter, please show me how pollution has INCREASED during the last 4 years"

Jon,

There is no question that Bush's agenda has CLEARLY favored corporate polluters and has favored profits over the environment.

Your argument here is a non-starter.

Nice try.

Jim
#398054 - 10/19/04 02:55 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

"If Kerry were to win, he will ahve to make nice-nice with the Saudis too."

Jon,

So again you feel that our stance on human rights and terrorism take a back seat to our dependence upon foreign oil.

Interesting.

You have been very outspoken against Radical Islamic Fundamentalists. So you want to hunt them down and apprehend or kill them.... unless we need their oil, then we should make nice-nice with them?

'Those camel f-ers.... oh, not you guys, we love you, pass the petrol, pretty please?'

Iraq has oil too, why didn't we have to make nice nice with Saddam? Why do we pick and choose our enemies and our friends based upon our wallets, instead of based upon our principles?

You really are a piece of work, aren't you?
#398055 - 10/19/04 03:00 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jon h.:
Kerry is a war criminal
Bush is a coward, a liar, and a dunce.
#398056 - 10/19/04 03:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
 Quote:
No, that's Bush that wants to ban voting! Have you seen some of the voting problems that are already springing up? Wasn't it the Republicans who wanted to go to the electronic computerized ballots, and didn't they hire companies with ties to their party to install them? Think it's far fetched?
I'm convinced that many on the Left have a screw loose. Now they accuse Bush of a vast conspiracy to screw up the voting process. This "Grassy Knowl" approach to "big Oil", the Saudi Royal Family", etc etc etc......now Voting, is simply insane.

You guys operate with accusations and NO facts to support your obsurd claims.

For GOD sake, you blamed Bush for the hanging chad issue in 2000 since Jeb Bush was Gov.. Few knew that it was a Democrat who approved this voting system.

I'm in awe at the "stretch" you will go to. Simply amazing that you would believe such ridiculous accustions.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, this Liberal thought process is far more dangerous to our Union than Terrorism.

#398057 - 10/19/04 03:20 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jon h.:
F John Kerry flip flops on that issue too. In the same debate he says that the war in Iraq, is the wrong this the wrong that blah blah blah. Ten minutes later he says he will hunt down the terrorist wherever they are and kill them.

OK, great. But Mr. Skerry, the terrorists are in Iraq. Wouldn't that then make it the right place, and the right time? Make up your mind! Al Swahari or whatever the f his name is, is in Iraq pledging allegiance to OBL (whom I believe is most likely dead). Wouldn't you agree that 80 to 90% of all terrorist acts in the last 6 months have been going on in Iraq. Fighting the war in Iraq makes sense. It makes sense to the majority of Americans. Would you rather fight the war here? The liberals cut intelligence funding immediately after the first attack on the WTC. I guess they would rather fight that fight here.

F John Kerry cannot have it both ways. Pick one side of the argument and stick with it.
Jon,

First, Kerry feels that we went into Iraq prematurely.

Second, Kerry recognizes that we are there, and we must finish the job, even though we should not have gone in there the way we did, at the point in time that we did. The reality is we are there, and can't cut and run, we have to finish the job, we have to clean up the mess that Bush made.

Third, beyond Iraq, Kerry recognizes that the war on terror is a reality. It is not limited to nor defined by, Iraq. It is a global issue, not an Iraq, or even a Middle East, issue.

Fourth, the majority of the insurgency in Iraq is being carried out by Iraqi citizens who are displeased with our occupation. They weren't terrorists before, but they sure as hell are now! They probably share Islamic beliefs with those in Al-Queda and other terrorist organizations, but up until now, had not been engaging in such terrorist acts. They have been recruited and are being aided by such terrorist organizations. But not all the terrorists are in Iraq. We could nuke the whole country and kill everyone, and there will still be Al-Queda and other such organizations.

Fifth, Just because bombings and such are taking place in Iraq does not mean that other terrorists are not planning attacks elsewhere. There is a war in Iraq, so there are going to be bombings there. That does not preclude terrorists from deploying elsewhere and planning future attacks. How many terrorist attacks had we had on American soil prior to 9/11? Not many. How many have we had since, prior to invading Iraq? None. How many have we had since we invaded Afghanistan and Iraq? None. The conclusion you are attempting to draw is far too simplistic and naive, and does not hold any water.

Sixth, the war in Iraq DOES NOT make sense to the majority of Americans! I don't know what polls you've been looking at, but all the polls I have seen say that most Americans feel that in hindsight, going to war was a mistake, and that we did not have a good plan, and that the war is not going well.

To sum up, Kerry supports the global war on terror, and he recognizes we have to finish the job and clean up the mess Bush made in Iraq, even though he disagrees with the timing and manner in which Bush went in there.
#398058 - 10/19/04 03:20 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

FYI,
There is a write up in Popular Mechanics about the new e-voting machines, (3 companies trying to get the contract), no conspiracy there, just companies trying to produce a better product than there competition.
#398059 - 10/19/04 03:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
gerg Offline

John, now, now, your grumpiness is showing.

It wasn't a democrat who set up a phone jamming system try to disrupt volunteers from driving people to the polls, it wasn't a democraticly funded voter registration agency that threw out voter registration cards that were registering democrats, while filing all republican cards, it wasn't a democrat who ignored warnings that a list of "felons" contained thousands of errors which would result in preventing non-felons from voting, and it wasn't a democrat who failed to create enough early voting locations in places with the highest populations in florida.

Facts are out there. They all point to dozens of cases where republicans have tried to keep democrats from voting. Was it bushie who dunn it? No, but it was his party, and he hasn't tried to stop it.

Once again you selectively chose what is a fact and what isn't. Makes your arguments one sided.

Well behaved boats rarely make history.....
#398060 - 10/19/04 03:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

"I've said it before, I'll say it again, this Liberal thought process is far more dangerous to our Union than Terrorism."
No, the most dangerous thought process is from a zealot; A fanatically committed person.

Hmmm, wonder if this describes anyone here.....
#398061 - 10/19/04 03:38 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

JFM posted:

"Now they accuse Bush of a vast conspiracy to screw up the voting process."

That's PRECISELY what Bush and his brother and Katherine Harris did in Florida in 2000! EXACTLY!!

Take a look at the DVD "Unprecedented" which exposes the lengths that were gone to to steal that state's electoral votes.

If you want to continue to be duped, to be deceived, to keep your head in the sand, to go through life with blinders on, that's your choice to make. There is clearly a right wing and corporate conspiracy being carried out to seize and retain power in this country in the name of profit! Read the latest book by Kevin Phillips, forgive me, I still don't have the title, about the current "Bush Dynasty" and the neo-conservative movement. WAKE UP!! This is real, not the wild eyed imaginings of a handful of liberal extremists. Phillips was an advisor and strategist for Nixon and other Republicans, far from a left wing extremist.

"...about the new e-voting machines, (3 companies trying to get the contract)..."

The operative word there is "TRYING". The first generation of these machines is already in place and there was extensive coverage earlier this year about the fact that the companies that got these contracts had long standing ties to the Republicans and had management who were extremely conservative, and contributed heavily to Republican campaigns.

Watch and see, there are going to be more irregularities and more recounts in this election than there were in the last. Bush and the neo-cons will stop at nothing to hijack and retain power. MARK MY WORDS! We will not have the results of this election until after Thanksgiving, and it will not be clear or convincing, and Bush will again prevail at the hands of the Supreme Court. And this time, I shudder to think what the populist response might be!
Page 116 of 177 < 1 2 ... 114 115 116 117 118 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics