ctfisherman.com logo
Page 70 of 177 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397592 - 10/11/04 11:59 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joe,

Did I forget? I love you Man! Don't ever change. Keep your surly tone. It is very refreshing. We liberals are way too polite, like nu2salt (sorry BRO \:D ). Joe, you remind me of my hero - Al Franken.

BTW, have you read 'The Lies and the Lying Liars who Tell Them'. Great book. You can borrow mine if you want. I find a lot of these lies being repeated now.
Fishing Info
#397593 - 10/12/04 12:01 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

IBR,

Thanks for the compliment. I didn't know you had it in you. There must be some liberal in you after all. OK, I'm sorry, maybe you're one of those moderate conservatives. Anyway, I'm honored that you responded to me. Thanks!

All I know is if Bush gets back in all hell will break loose with all the breaks to the rich and the corporations. On that alone I will not vote for him. I am terrified of what he and the republican can do to this country in the next four years. I am not willing to think that he will change. Do the same thing and expect different results is the definition of insanity.
#397594 - 10/12/04 12:08 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

You're another one Val......tossing in little verbal grenades without anything to back them up.

You're going to have to work a little harder to be regarded as serious.
#397595 - 10/12/04 12:11 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DEN:
What I do find a bit curious is that China is second to the U.S. in crude oil demand and one of the reasons is that China is stockpiling huge amounts in reserve that is now only being questioned.
And oil is easier to preserve intact than Ritz Crackers......

The United States has previously stockpiled oil as a reserve for war..... ;\)
#397596 - 10/12/04 12:16 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

IBR,Each one of my grenades is well researched.

For exaple:
 Quote:
This makes me very ANGRY. This is the kind of support our troops get from the Republicans. The business which help support military families are not getting a penny. But GE and the Foreign F***ING gamblers will.

BTW, IB, how do you explain the 633 PAGE BILL in view of "President Bush's Action to Promote Tax Reform"???
I asked you TWO questions above. You never answered. I will ask again:

How come you 'Patriots' don't give a break to the companies which support our troops? You only give breaks to the companies which support you?

How does a 633 page bill enhance Bush's tax simplification?

If you are such a profound thinker, please explain.
#397597 - 10/12/04 12:18 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
Scary isn't it?

I mean about the crackers \:D
#397598 - 10/12/04 12:28 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saving for retirement...It's a quaint notion today. A vast majority of people who retire today, get a part time or full time job tomorrow. Everyone should be required to put 10% of there wages into a self directed retirement plan of which access would be limited as well as investment choices.
#397599 - 10/12/04 12:31 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Jon S. Offline

Loc: Clinton
nu2salt,
Just an FYI. The average rate of return for the S&P 500 for the last 39 years is 10%. So start scraping all your pennies together.

Fish On!
#397600 - 10/12/04 12:32 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

The bill is 2 years old, you knew that, right? You also knew that this is a campaign pledge to be implemented upon re-election, right? ;\)

simplifying taxes came about this year.

If you know anything about bills then you know that alot of crap ALWAYS gets thrown in to take care of someone's special intrest (this is where the line item veto would come in handy).

You say that your grenades are well researched yet you have failed to provide us with any evidence to support the claim. Am I to take you at your word?
#397601 - 10/12/04 12:36 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

Quote:
Everyone should be required to put 10% of there wages into a self directed retirement plan of which access would be limited as well as investment choices.
You're not suggesting privatizing social security are you (a bush plank).

Now there's a place where I would be all in favor of robbing the rich, something as simple as means testing would be a start.
Page 70 of 177 < 1 2 ... 68 69 70 71 72 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics