ctfisherman.com logo
Page 95 of 177 < 1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397842 - 10/14/04 10:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
deepbottom Offline

Bait, You are correct about the function of the flash supressor.

Val, You made comment about going out and buying a machine gun (I know in jest). But I do not think there is any federal prohibition about an individual (law-abiding) citizen purchasing one. However, state laws now come into play. Even if you pass the 6 months+ scrutiny and are willing to pay a $200 tax and a couple thousand dollars for the firearm, the state laws may still prohibit you from buying one. For instance, VA allows its residents to lawfully own fully automatic weapons, New Jersey says absolutely not. I do not know about CT laws. You can check them out at any gun store.

Want some excitement? Try a JoPlug!
Fishing Info
#397843 - 10/14/04 10:29 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joe,

E Tu?

What dragged you into this?
#397844 - 10/14/04 10:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
deepbottom Offline

Hi Joe, I could simply say, "Gun control". But this has a much deeper underlying scary agenda; the confiscation of private property by another group of people. The concept here is not much different than PETA saying, "Turn in all your fishing rods, reels, etc.".

To each his own with their philosophies but when one group attempts to control another group, well, I guess we will have a problem.

Another example; my assistant is a baseball fanatic (NYY). I have no interest in baseball. Would it be right for me to forbid him to "talk" baseball at work and turn in his Yankee memorabilia? No, I don't think so. And by the way, if I am not mistaken, more people are killed in the USA with baseball bats than with firearms.

Want some excitement? Try a JoPlug!
#397845 - 10/14/04 11:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

yes Val no democrats every lied ......
#397846 - 10/14/04 11:55 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

Val all you put up is some left winged propaganda that you seem to find. New England, New York may be stupid enough to vote for Kerry along with the West coast also, but Middle America and the South will vote big time for Bush.
#397847 - 10/15/04 12:11 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
arlow Offline

masshole

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
 Quote:
Originally posted by gerg:
Buck, serious question. The muzzle flash supressors allow you to see through to your target when shooting at night, correct? So by adding one you could see your targets a lot better at night and fire much quicker. Isn't that why they were banned?

Seems to make sense anyway - I'd put that in the same class as a larger clip.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.
The are banned because they are military in appearance and therefore "scary" hence the "grenade launcher" qualification of the bill. Like the govt is really going to let you get your hands on one of those and the grenades to load it. The rationell for the folding stock is that it makes it easier to conceal. So now paco is going to get a AR 15 to stuff in the back of his pants in the hood? I don't think to! He is happy with his upside down 9. Larger clips dont make much difference. You rattle off ten shots in a row and I bet everyone will be on the ground cowering if not already shot and you have plenty of time too change clips. Its not exactly a complex time consuming operation you know. You already know my opinion on the danger of bayonette mounts.

Our rights are getting downright pathitic! In Mass I cannnot even keep a self defense weapon at the ready in my own bedroom!!! All guns in the house must be trigger locked or in a safe or you can be convicted of a felony. What good is that when a burgurlar comes in in the middle of the night? Is he going to wait while I unlock my gun? I don't think so! This law is that Ahole Kerrys doing!!!!

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#397848 - 10/15/04 12:12 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Last time I checked those were the same states that voted for Gore. Actually it was over a million more votes then Bush.

Remember!
#397849 - 10/15/04 12:25 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Buck Offline

Gerg, sorry for the delay, was out duck hunting this afternoon. BR had the correct answer. The original design was actually a liability because it was three prongs sticking out of the end of the barrel and when you were going through the jungle in Vietnam or quickly moving your M16 in a fire fight, the prongs would catch on branches and vines and hang your gun up. So they redesigned it by extending it with a ring of steel around the end with porting on the side. That way nothing could hang up at the end of the barrel. I don't know what they look like now. By the way "porting" a barrel of a rifle or shotgun by basically drilling holes in the side of the barrel at the end to let gas escape to reduce recoil is similar to a flash suppresor but not outlawed.
#397850 - 10/15/04 12:33 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BP Offline

What do the LA Bank Robbery/Shoot-out, the DC sniper shootings, and the drug bust in Kansas that kerry mentioned in the debate that yeilded an AK 47 all have in common?

They all occurred during the Clinton Gun Ban!

The ownership/aquisition of the firearms used in each event was illegal before the ban, during the ban, and is still illegal now that the ban has expired.

Actually the gun used in the sniper shootings was not outlawed by the ban, but the felon and the minor taking possesion of the weapon was highly illegal. To my knowlege the shooting of innocent civilians was banned at the time as well.

Val, It's flawed logic to make laws to keep law breakers from breaking laws.

Laws are there to give the govt/ citizenry recourse against those who would commit such acts.

The ban, as with most GC measures, is a vengful act perpetrated by the far left against those with whom they fundementally disagree.

The same folks who would attack the Patriot Act by quoting Ben Franklin in not giving up liberty for security, would take away our right to gun ownership for a false sense of security based on rhetoric, dubious statistics, and misguided and manipulated fear.

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#397851 - 10/15/04 12:35 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

It was just 543,895 Joe.

Just think, if Gore had won his own state of Tennesee, we would be having an very different discussion today.
Page 95 of 177 < 1 2 ... 93 94 95 96 97 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics