ctfisherman.com logo
Page 172 of 177 < 1 2 ... 170 171 172 173 174 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398612 - 11/04/04 07:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

Bill Clinton got elected by being a moderate plain and simple. Also he had a lot of help from Ross Perot the first time around.
Fishing Info
#398613 - 11/04/04 08:12 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

Bait,I knew what you were saying, and fully agree with it. I was kidding and would never believe/nor suggest for a second that is what you would like to see. \:D
To clarify, I believe there are some in the Dem party who will be pushing for Clinton, but I think the dems will be doing some serious soul searching and reorganizing. After seeing how the country voted, Dems would be wise and will most likely shift more to the center ala Clinton, and make some leadership changes along the way.
But alas we are a country of extremes, after 4 years of Bush I wouldnt be suprised to see the pendulum swing all the way in the other direction.
#398614 - 11/05/04 01:06 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Kapt Offline

The scariest part of the election for Kerry was win or lose...he still had to go home to this.

ctfisherman.com...often imitated, never duplicated

T-Mans Custom Tackle - maker of the famous T-man Tubes
www.tmancustomtackle.com
#398615 - 11/05/04 01:07 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

Henry L. wrote:
 Quote:
liberalism is healthy if it is not so extreme; when trees become a more focal issue than unborn babies; when rewarding those due to race outpaces rewarding those due to their performance level; and when insulting our President surpasses criticism of our enemies.
I totally agree with you on that statement, but when morality (gay marriage) is a more focal point with the voters at a time of war, with more possible terrorist strikes on our soil, that doesnt make any sense to me. Alot more people showed up to vote (for Bush) because gay marriage was on the ballot, it seems like these people dont give a s#@t about our troops or any other issues.

John from Madison wrote:
 Quote:
I betcha them Dems play this game of dragging it all out and try their best to sabotage any real victory celebration. Mark my words.
yeah sure :rolleyes:
#398616 - 11/05/04 01:13 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

Henry, you're a gentleman and a scholar. Congrats on taking part in what you believe in, and backing it up with action that made a difference.
#398617 - 11/05/04 01:24 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Henry L. Offline

Moderates on both sides are very popular figures; Giuliani and McCain on the Right; Obama and Lieberman on the Left.

My respect for the elite media went from little to none. Did any body else notice CNN and CBS's reluctance to give Ohio to Bush \:o :rolleyes: ? It is one thing to be cautious, but when 96% of the precincts had reported, and previous states had been granted to both candidates with 2 or 3 % margins it is plain ridiculous.

I got a kick when Dan Rather kept clinching for a Kerry comeback with his typical, "Kerry might still" and "Kerry can still pull this off."

Judy Woodruff looked like she was going to cry when they announced Bush won in FL.

Pete: I disagree with you because Iraq and moral issues were the top issues of concern. It just depended on who was being polled, but you are right that it was the larger of the issues. But to say we wouldn't care for the troops is totally false. Depending on the region of the country the 2 issues sitched spots between first and second place. Even on the highways it is evident: Everytime I see a 'support our Troops' sticker on a vehicle, it was by itself or accompanied by a Bush-Cheney bumpersticker. In my travels in CT and my trips to GA and FL and back I NEVER saw a Kerry sticker accompanied with the former. I am not the only one who had noticed.

PHEWWW...I feel like NU2Oregano :p \:D !

Do French fish flee at the sight of lures?
#398618 - 11/05/04 01:32 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Kapt Offline

I think I'll post this until the friday deadline...it scares me and makes me laugh all at the same time!

www.tmancustomtackle.com
#398619 - 11/05/04 01:44 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

Henry, if you've never noticed a "support our troops" sticker along with a Kerry sticker then please drive by my house and look at mine and my girlfriends cars.
I've heard numerous reports that ONE of the reasons of such a high voter turn out was because of the (gay marriage) issue, so to me it seems these people wouldn't bother leaving their house and voting if it wasn't for that, so in my OPINION these people don't seem to be concerened about any other issues enough to go out and vote.
I get to talk to alot of different people where I work, and it seems that alot of people are loosing interest in whats goint on in Iraq and seem to care less and less about our casualties.
#398620 - 11/05/04 01:49 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Kapt Offline

\:D

www.tmancustomtackle.com
#398621 - 11/05/04 02:15 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

Page 172 of 177 < 1 2 ... 170 171 172 173 174 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics