ctfisherman.com logo
Page 170 of 177 < 1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398592 - 11/04/04 03:51 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Shwizzdogg Offline

Fishing Info
#398593 - 11/04/04 10:56 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

JFM not that I don't like your numbers, but if the polls were so far off how can we believe these numbers? They come from the same place, exit polls.

Don
#398594 - 11/04/04 12:55 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

K.C.,

Explain to me again why you voted for Bush? ;\) \:D

I agree with you on abortion and pretty much on homosexuality. Basically, gays are harmless and should be ignored. If they wanna get married, I say, hey, shouldn't we all have an equal opportunity to be miserable? \:D

I don't know about FREE oil, but we should definitely be getting "PREFERRED DISCOUNT PRICES".

Your space theory is entertaining. I would reverse those priorities, and suggest you need to hit the medicine cabinet and stop watching the Sci-Fi channel with Baitrunner! \:D

War on Terror, right on, we need to do a better job at avoiding punishing the innocent and be more "selective" and judicious in our targets. Execute the terrorists, by all means, but like capital punishment, we can't afford to execute the innocent along with the guilty.

Congrats to Bush. He will have four more years to prove me wrong, to prove that he is NOT a fear mongering, war mongering, profiteering, religious zealot, and a power hungry anti-Constitution neo-nazi. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION, FOLKS! Pay close attention to the oath Mr. Bush takes when he is sworn in, and think very carefully about what it means.

As far as social agendas, like abortion and gay marriage, I personally think we each need to mind our own business. Those that want to have abortions or engage in homosexual relationships are going to do so anyway, always have, always will. You CANNOT legislate morality or values. You have to teach that at home and practice it in your own life. I know my wife and I have been thoroughly successful in doing so with our 3 children, without any help from the government, or churches. I don't need the right wing , or the left wing, or for that matter the Pope (the one in Rome, not the one in Madison...DEFINITELY NOT THE ONE IN MADISON! ;\) \:D ) telling me how to raise my children or live my life. None of us can live anyone elses life for them.

I always find it interesting how those of you on the right insist that the government stay out of your wallet, but are willing to use the government to monitor everyone's bedroom and personal lives! I thought you all wanted smaller government, LESS government contol? But it seems like that's not the case where reproduction and sex, or religion are concerned, when it comes to imposing your own personal "moral code" on the whole country.

Religion should be practiced in church or at home, not in public schools, court houses, legislatures, and the White House. Morals and values can certainly be taught and instilled without prayer, the Bible, or ones own personal version of "GOD" being brought into it. Love and respect for others will stand on their own merit. Right is right, and wrong is wrong, religion notwithstanding.

You all wouldn't feel the way you do if you weren't in the religious majority. Religion is not subject to majority rule, that's what separation of church and state is all about. How would you feel if Judeo-Christianity was the minority, and the majority of the country were buddhists, muslims, or atheists? It could happen someday, after we're all gone, and the things you do now can impact this country long after we are all dead and gone.

Do any of you care about that? What happens here when we're all gone, what happens to our great great granchildren, and their great great grandchildren? The european immigration to this country has all but ceased and most of our immigrants are non-white, Asian, and not Judeo-Christians. Consider several generations down the road what could happen as a result of the precedents that might be set, if white, Euro, Judeo-Christians, are no longer the majority.

Our Constitution was written to endure for centuries, regardless of WHO the majority was, regardless of what color they were, where they came from, or how they worshipped. It's all good, when you're in the majority. The acid test is, how would you feel if you were on the other end of the deal? How would you like it if your beliefs and sensibilities were trampled on, ignored, and rendered irrelevant by legislation passed by a majority that believes differently than you and upheld by a Supreme Court that is likewise biased?

What if the President started his State of the Union address with a hearty "Ah salaam a laika, my brothers and sisters", and the Congress replied, "Ah salaika salaam". And at the end he said "Praise Allah" instead of "God bless America". Still feel "EQUAL"? Still feel "REPRESENTED"? Still feel INCLUDED, like an EQUAL PARTNER in the government?

Just a hypothetical situation. Just something to consider, something to think about.

Hey, K.C. HOW COME WHEN A CONSERVATIVE REPEATEDLY RANTS IT'S CALLED "STAYING ON MESSAGE", BUT WHEN A LIBERAL DOES IT IT'S CALLED REPETITIOUS RANTING?? \:o ;\)

DEN: Nice photo of Bush and caption! HOW TRUE!!

Baitrunner: Bush's Supreme Court appointments TERRIFY me! I fear for the Constitution! I thought you were a LIBERTARIAN, interested in INDIVIDUAL freedoms vs. COLLECTIVE? When we see his appointments and their impact on the court, we will see how that effects "INDIVIDUAL" freedoms and constitutional protections.

Again, this has been an interesting and stimulating discussion. Thank you all for your participation and for putting up with mine.

Peace and Prosperity to us all.

Regards,

Jim
#398595 - 11/04/04 01:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

phew!......GLAD you got that off YOUR mind! \:D
#398596 - 11/04/04 01:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

me too.... I feel MUCH better NOW!!! \:D :p ;\) \:D

(It's amazing what a good stiff bloody mary and a couple of vicodin can do for you, too, right K.C.! ;\) \:D )
#398597 - 11/04/04 01:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not sure what a vicodin does. Had 2 bloody mary's this year, and they were good.

Had many oxy's and perc's after operation a few years ago. ;\)
#398598 - 11/04/04 02:29 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
Thoughts to ponder; \:o

Was the Bin Laden video the October surprise?
Where's the transcript?

Are the terrorist attacks over with?

Hungry pulls out and speculation Bulgaria will pull out of the coalition. Poland will reduce it's troops

Ashcroft will resign within two weeks; take a seat on the Supreme Court?

The tax cut, the bond market snap like a twig

Guiliani will be replace Powell or Ashcroft

George-God-Guns-Gays

Hey, we have till friday right? \:D
#398599 - 11/04/04 02:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trout killer Offline

Kevin B. who's really the idiot? :rolleyes:

N.Y. Yankees " THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL 2004"
#398600 - 11/04/04 03:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Den,

Interesting thoughts to ponder, indeed!

Until Friday, give 'em hell! We all know that's what they're gonna give us for the next 4 years.

Predictions?

Deep recession (depression?)

Expanded war in the Middle East (Iran? Syria?)

More terrorist attacks on U.S. soil

Use of nuclear weapons (by us AND them; the question is, who will do so first? And does it really matter? Once it's come to THAT, we ALL lose.)

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights under heavy attack, at the expense of our "Individual Freedoms"

Religious zeal and crusading as never before seen, and a corresponding moral and social domestic civil "war" creating further division and polarization. (Bush just said in his press conference that he will "reach out to those who share our goals". Excuse me Mr. President, I think you dropped your gauntlet.)

Like I said, he's got four years to prove me wrong. I hope he succeeds.

Kevin B: You got it right, you nailed it! (Idiots!) And there's a few who could be added to that list. :rolleyes:
#398601 - 11/04/04 03:34 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trout killer Offline

NU2SALT
I think you should run for president in 2008. Relax and go fishing!The majority of the country voted for Bush so all you can do is trust your fellow citizens and President Bush.

N.Y. Yankees " THE BIGGEST CHOKE IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL 2004"
Page 170 of 177 < 1 2 ... 168 169 170 171 172 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics