ctfisherman.com logo
Page 33 of 177 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397222 - 10/07/04 03:35 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

...the rest of what I couldn't fit it the last post. I hope I don't get into trouble for trying to lighten up this post with bipartisan humor:

Fishing Info
#397223 - 10/07/04 03:38 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
arlow Offline

masshole

Loc: Wilbraham Ma
Now that is funny stuff!!!! Even though I hate Maher.

Slam it home and cross their eyes
#397224 - 10/07/04 03:47 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

#397225 - 10/07/04 03:53 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by arlow:
Now that is funny stuff!!!! Even though I hate Maher.

Do me a favor and check the gun control portion of Kerry's voting record as a senator here on this site: http://www.vote-smart.org/voting_category.php?can_id=S0421103 .
I'm finding it hard, based on the facts given, to substantiate the claims made by the NRA. It may be because I'm half asleep right now, or they could be relying on the truth that some will blindly follow while dynamically failing to research and fact-check thoroughly enough on their own.
#397226 - 10/07/04 04:32 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by John from Madison CT:
 Quote:
Why? Because they can afford it! They wouldn't even miss it. I don't care if they earned it.
Holy Cow, you are truely a Communist. You believe that all wealth truely belongs to the "State".

Quote:
It was once pointed out to me by a friend that I had this debate with that the top 20% pay 40% of the taxes.
Wrong AGAIN !! The Top 20% pay 80% of the Taxes. (This was in TODAYS NY Times Business Section)

Quote:
What I would really like to see is a flat tax on ones GROSS income.
Ha Ha !! You would be taxing those who pay NO income tax today under the Bush tax program. You want to actually tax the poor !?!?!?!

Also, if you are so concerned with having the Government give money to the poor, why don't you just give more of your own. You and all your Liberal buddies can start your own trust fund. Give another 20% of your income to them and leave the rest of us alone.

Don't you get it?? The current Tax code is a redistribution of wealth. Uncle Sam has had a safety net in welfare and Gov. programs since the early 70's and have created a society dependend on handouts, destroyed the structure of the Family and taught a segment of society that they have to do nothing to get something.
Communism:
1. A theoretical economic system characterized by the collective ownership of property and by the organization of labor for the common advantage of all members.

2. A system of government in which the state plans and controls the economy and a single, often authoritarian party holds power, claiming to make progress toward a higher social order in which all goods are equally shared by the people.

John, I personally feel that you are not familiar with the true meaning of the term "communist". It's apparent that you like to use the term loosely merely for it's shock value.

It's funny that relics such as yourself who run around calling liberals "commies", probably don't even know why communism is bad. You may not even know what it is. That would explain why you don't understand that your beloved Bush administration has far more in common with the government of the old Soviet Union than any liberal president ever has. Those who you've blindly labeled "communists" are probably much more strongly opposed to communism on logical grounds than you project yourself to be.

Here are some of the worst things about a communist dictatorship like the old USSR:

Quote:
Any opposition to the policies of the particular administration in charge is seen as unpatriotic and against the nation.

Their propaganda takes advantage of the fact that even the most blatant lies repeated often enough begin to be accepted as fact.

The country's finances take severe damage because the corrupt administration funnels money into the hands of connected cronies, rather than using it to improve life for the citizens.

The administration running the state has a great deal of control over the media. (*cough* Fox News and News Corp. *cough*)

Power is consolidated into the hands of the fewest people in government.

They launch military attacks and occupations of nations which pose no significant threat.

They're unwilling to cooperate with international agreements. They feel that the rules they make don't apply to them. They try to lead by intimidation rather than example.
The list goes on...

Granted, the USSR was not communism exactly as Marx would have wanted it. But it never could be, because that's the whole problem--communism doesn't work. Marx's idea was extraordinarily naive, failing to take into account fundametal complexities of the real world.

Such a society as he pictured is a pipe dream; it could never really exist. Trying to create it led only to corruption, suffering, and war. Is this starting to sound familiar? It's got a lot in common with Bush's vision of Iraq.
#397227 - 10/07/04 08:49 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This thread appears to be record.
#397228 - 10/07/04 09:36 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Spunfisher: So you don't think I have any idea about Communism? Wrong my friend.

BOTH of my parents grew up under Communist regimes in Europe. I know more freakin details then your liberally written text book knowledge.

No, YOU know nothing about Communism.

I didn't call Nu2salt a Communist, but rather that his idea that ones money is not theirs is Communist like.

Point by point your attempt to connect the Bush Gov. to being Communist-like is insane. Simply ridiculous and doesn't deserve an answer.

#397229 - 10/07/04 09:43 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
dave Offline

LIke all political, religious and sports threads, they get personal after while, I fish with a guy that watches just FOX news, I watch MSNBC. We both know enough not to mention the news while on the boat,chanches are one will be swimming back to shore or at least get a hook in his hat.
#397230 - 10/07/04 10:35 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

I hear you Dave. Yesterday, I went on a long car ride with a Kerry supporter. (Well, at least I think so, because I noticed a bumper sticker on his car when I picked him up.) Although we talked about many things, I had to bite my tongue to prevent covering politics. I'm glad I did. We had some nice conversation on many subjects, including how he likes taking his son fishing. Sometimes you just have to do your talking come election day.
#397231 - 10/07/04 10:52 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BigBill Offline

Loc: CT
I wish Oliver North would get into politics and run for President he'd get my vote for we need a change, we need some new fresh blood in that job.
BigBill
Page 33 of 177 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics