ctfisherman.com logo
Page 57 of 177 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397462 - 10/08/04 07:37 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Arlow,

Again, alot depends on what you define as being forthright and honest, and being "completely correct".

As for racial profiling, the police cannot go around pulling over 20something Puerto Rican males driving 4 cylinder Toyotas just because they happen to be 20 something Puerto Rican males driving 4 cylinder Toyotas, no matter how many such individuals happen to have been arrested in the past for selling drugs. Minor obstacle, the 4th amendment to the Constitution, which provides that we shall be secure in our persons and possessions. There has to be some probable cause to suspect criminal activity, erratic driving, expired registration, something! That's not a right we want to play around with!

Its not a matter of offending people, its a matter of treating others with the same respect we want, and of avoiding prejudging people and resorting to racial stereotyping. If we haven't got something nice to say, maybe we shouldn't say anything.

I understand basically where you were coming from with your list, and the history lesson there is not lost on me! The Islamic extremists indeed have a long and frightening list of dasterdly acts. No argument. But we have to make sure that we adhere to our Constitution in seeking our security, or neither is worth anything.

And I must disagree strongly with your remark about the basis of the religion of Islam. That is NOT their religious teaching, rather it is the twisted distortion of a lunatic fringe of a few extremist Muslims. Don't judge the entire religion by them.

Respectfully,

Jim
Fishing Info
#397463 - 10/08/04 07:41 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Striperman, Thanks for your input, sorry for anything that may have been insulting, but I've been taking my share of hits too! As for being preachy, what can I say, I believe in what I say, and try very hard to make my point as clear as possible, so I tend to get wordy. It's nothing personal, I just love a good debate, esp. politics.

Plus, except for you, I've been all alone here and under siege from all these conservatives!

SPUNFISHER! Where the hell have you been? They're killin' me here!
#397464 - 10/08/04 07:46 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

I was hangin' out with my buddies in their 4 cylinder Toyota :rolleyes: . Where the heck do you think I am buddy, I have kids to feed... :p \:D
#397465 - 10/08/04 07:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
stripermanofsteel Offline
If i'm not here I'm fishing

Loc: Southington, Westbrook (boat
It obvious they are part of the "Idiot America" that has allowed the Media to to make our decisions for us that has allowed an "act" become law even though it is close to lawlessness. That believes that the cleanup in Iraq is going "good". That believes that Hussein and Iraq were involved in 9/11. That believes Cheney and Halliburton broke no laws. That refuses to listen to Kerry's word and only listens to what the media and Bush are saying about the supposed "flip-flopping". That believe Bush/Cheney have never "flip-flopped"

My saying that can't be true though, because the media and Bush/Cheney NEVER lie.
#397466 - 10/08/04 07:53 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Mitch P. Offline

Round 3 Tonight

Nu2salt, any chance of you not posting until at least after the debate? You're monopolizing this thread. Take a step back from the computer.

I may going out on a limb, but I'm guessing not everyone is interested in reading every thought that comes into your head.
#397467 - 10/08/04 07:56 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Striperman, I'm sorry, I may have missed something, but I am confused, who is the "They" that you referred to in your last post?
#397468 - 10/08/04 07:59 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mitch,

No sweat! I'll be offline until probably Sunday night at this point. \:\)

No, no, don't cry, I'll be back, I promise. :p ;\) \:D

And BTW, Mitch, as far as me monopolizing the thread, I have practically been the only voice from the left. Those from the right didn't have to reply, and then I would have no one left to talk to but myself, which I have been known to do. (I have to have an intelligent conversation with SOMEONE! \:D )
#397469 - 10/08/04 08:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
markerdown Offline

This is my political rant: The way I see it, we're all hosed! A government for the people, by the people? Sure, but we're all forgetting whom the "by" the people and "for" the people really are. It's sure as hell is not John and Jane Q Public. All these politicians are rat bastards, both parties. Lets face it, american politics is fueled by PACS, good ol' boys, big business and by the rich. So where do you think that leaves the regular hard working wage earning american family? Taxed and paying the price that's where. Do you think W or Kerry are woried about their medical bills or their social security, or the price to fill up their vehicle, the price of a gallon of milk, tax cuts, soaring utility costs, the cost of buying your own home, or their income tax refund or payment or jobs? Both parties have lost touch with reality. They may spout and spew some slick verbiage of how ther're gonna "fix" the system, they are both con men. Of course they are going to tell you what you want to hear, and slam the other guy. But in the end, it's all a game for them, they have their millions and really could care less about the hard working middle class that makes America work. So, on election day, make your choice, and VOTE. Then have a jar of vaseline nearby because we're all gonna have to grab our ankles and bend over no matter who wins......... "from my cold dead hands"...markerdown and I approve this reply

"My hair's turning white, my neck's always been red, my collar's still blue"
#397470 - 10/08/04 08:13 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
fishingmedic Offline

Loc: Wolcott, CT
AMEN Markerdown!!!! I'm in total agreement w/ your comments on this one. It's picking the lesser of two evils and then sucking it up for the next 4 years because they'll all lie and cheat once they get into office.
#397471 - 10/08/04 08:19 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Page 57 of 177 < 1 2 ... 55 56 57 58 59 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics