ctfisherman.com logo
Page 9 of 177 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#396982 - 10/01/04 02:22 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Fishing Info
#396983 - 10/01/04 02:39 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Am I missing something here or does it appear that the same people shilling for the democrats and therefore Kerry are the same ones carrying fly rods and trying to convince us all how good and productive that is. \:D

Don
#396984 - 10/01/04 02:53 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMW 1:
Am I missing something here or does it appear that the same people shilling for the democrats and therefore Kerry are the same ones carrying fly rods and trying to convince us all how good and productive that is. \:D

Don
I don't know? According to CNN, is 90% of the country fly fishermen?
#396985 - 10/01/04 02:54 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Dude, Kerry is sending "Mexed Missages"??
#396986 - 10/01/04 02:57 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Rhode Island Ric Offline

Tax cuts for the rich- that is a crock kerry married into a billionaires trust fund. Of course you would not care how much u were taxed if you did not earn it.

I grew up from meager beginings and now my family is well off. We never beged for handouts like most of the voters the democratic party strive for.

Vouchers would be great. if u have kids that are gifted and the american dream is to be able to better your families next generation you should get a voucher for pulling your children out of public schools and sending them to a private school. Rather than being educted by a union system based on mediocraty and seniority.

Bush is the TaxDebator Kerry is the Massdebator.

Please don't mind any of my spelling errors for my early years i was educated by the public system b/c my parents could n't afford to send me to private schools until later.

Republicans work at thier dreams while democrats dream of there work

"Hooked Up II" 295 Boston Whaler
Sold April 07
And I thought gas was expensive then!
I'll gladly pay split expenses for trips.

#396987 - 10/01/04 02:59 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Speaking of shilling what does cnn have to do with any thing?
#396988 - 10/01/04 03:02 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Be nice Rich! I was also public schooled and am just as dumb as you... \:D ;\) :p
#396989 - 10/01/04 03:02 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

nu2salt, Man, Take a chill pill, dude! Relax, inhale, exhale; life's too short to worry about the small stuff, and it's all small stuff! No wonder Mitchie-poo banned politics; some people seem way too emotional to discuss things calmly and rationally. There's no need to yell in caps. It hurts my ears, or, rather, my eyes!

I find Ann Coulter a little too strident for my taste, but, sometimes, she's rather amusing, and her observation about the NEA at the DNC, was an interesting one. I stand by my statement.

(I live to see the day when she and Laura Ingraham wrestle each other in a pool of Jello! Does anyone really wish to see Eleanor Clift and Susan Estrich have at it? :rolleyes: I rest my case!) \:D

Why do some of the teachers posting here always seem to be so rude? Frankly, it does'nt say much for the system teaching our young 'uns! Vouchers Yay!

The Democrats have their base core constituency; and AFSCME/NEA is part of it. Fair enough. I just take their rhetoric with a grain of salt; their self-interests are self-evident. I vote my wallet; no reason they should'nt vote theirs. But let's at least be honest and civil about it. 'Nuff said!

Mr. Bush was his usual inarticulate self this evening, but no great surprise there. (Both Eisenhower and Reagan were uncomfortable debaters; it did'nt mean they were not capable presidents.) For an illuminating experiment, tommorrow read the debate transcript in the NY Times. In the written word, Mr. Bush will "sound" better than he did orally.

Mr. Kerry's showing was as good as I expected; he was a master debator at Yale. Whether or not this translates into better poll numbers remains to be seen; this being the key point, especially in swing states.

Will his better than expected, (by media pundits, at least) performance be of aid to him in Missouri? Michigan? Ohio? Pennsylvania? We shall see, soon enough. If the polls move here in the next few days, Mr. Bush may have a real fight on his hands.

I'll say this for Mr. Kerry; if he wins, he may actually be a half-ways decent president. I enjoyed listening to him speak. Yet I still have this nagging fear that the "Neo-coms" are just moving to the center for the election, and will just move back to the left after being elected. Still, God-willing, no "Slick Willie" here!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#396990 - 10/01/04 03:06 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Rhode Island Ric Offline

Hey mad mike I bet The massachusetts senator would vote for many ortiz for the Major league mvp

If you are forced to choose b/n the lesser of two evils. Kerry could not even reach home plate if that is any consideration.

"Hooked Up II" 295 Boston Whaler
Sold April 07
And I thought gas was expensive then!
I'll gladly pay split expenses for trips.

#396991 - 10/01/04 03:09 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

HAHA...nicely put Bait, good showing as usual! Go easy on my man Jim though!
Page 9 of 177 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics