ctfisherman.com logo
Page 29 of 177 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397182 - 10/06/04 03:32 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I struggled to stay awake for the whole thing. The humour is what did it for me.

Had to hear the closing speech, and I'd have to say that Edwards faced the camera (the people), didn't blink and eye or stutter and gave a carefully crafted end to whatever he screwed up on before.

Cheney, in the end, seemed a bit confused at the start of his closing (but he seemed confused a lot at the beginnings of many of his minutes), but can come up with facts and figures as he chooses once he gets a handle on himself.

If I had my choice who to debate, I'd do Edwards, however. I'd dump all over his lawyer ass! He'd be spiralin' for the floor 'neath the bench! \:D I really do think that Edwards would confuse easily, and Cheney, forbidding a heart attack, would always be cognizant of whatever he expoused at the time.

I mean...., their POLITICIANS! It ain't rocket science. They try to say what most will like to hear, offend few, and grab as many high fives as possible. It's just a shame that it takes a large sum of money to able to run for any office of that magnitude. I would say it precludes some better informed prospects.
Fishing Info
#397183 - 10/06/04 05:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
For those who trust him?
Never Met Before Tonight Huh?

In this image from video, originally broadcast by C-SPAN Feb. 1, 2001, Sen. John Edwards, D-NC, is seen sitting next to Vice President Dick Cheney at a Senate prayer breakfast in Washington. Cheney said Tuesday night Oct. 5, 2004 that the debate with Democratic Sen. John Edwards marked the first time they had met. In fact, the two had met at least three times previously. (AP Photo/C-SPAN) ORG XMIT: NY117
#397184 - 10/06/04 05:03 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Catch N Release Offline

Sadly, the domestic issues aren't being address (I suppose if you count Gay Marriage an issue, then one is).
Recently, a report came out stating that the US infrastructure needed $187 Billion dollars to revamp itself. No federal money to date has been allocated to improve the current system (meaning you still will have to wait in traffic on I-95 while taking your children to a mold invested school.) Yet at the same time, we are spending $200 Billion in a country that doesn't want us there. Ironic to say the least.
Oil is at $52 a barrel. This means your winter heating bill will be out of this world (less money in your pocket.) You say to yourself, "Gee, I'll just install double/triple pane window. Well guess what; half of all building supplies goes to Iraq. That $75 Harvey window now costs $200.
Our Trade Deficit is at an all time high. As it happens, more that 60% of the deficit is from imported oil.
This is the first administration since the great depression that has lost jobs, not created. With more outsourcing than ever before. (Next time you have a problem with your Dell Computer, try getting someone who speaks the Kings Language. Good luck.)
Many of you have brought up the subject of flip flopping on certain issues. What about Bush's promise on cleaner air. Can we say, "Flip Flop". This being due to large corporate interests and promises Bush made to them. What about the little guy, where does he come to play in our national government?
These are just some of the main issues I see, never mind Social Security (will it be there when I retire) or the $14 Trillion deficit my son will have to pay.
#397185 - 10/06/04 05:11 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
 Quote:
As it happens, more that 60% of the deficit is from imported oil.
That can be corrected with ease. We have many reserves in the US that are going untapped. The Liberal enviromentalist lobby is making us Slaves to foreign oil.

There is no other blame to be placed. We have it, it's under us, but are not allowed to get to it.

Thank you to the most Liberal Senator, John Kerry, for supporting these laws.

Quote:
This is the first administration since the great depression that has lost jobs, not created.
Has the U.S. Economy ever suffered an economic blow that took place after 9/11? 1.7Million jobs have been created in 2004 alone !!! More people died than from Pearl Harbor.

Please, be real....people forget the effects of 9/11 on the US economy. 1 Million jobs were lost in the 3 months after 9/11.

Many predicted a depression after the loss we endured. To me, I am amazed we are close to fully recovered in just over 3 years.

#397186 - 10/06/04 05:16 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Did a quick search on Heinz. They seem to have a lot of factories outside the US. Hopefully, if elected F John Kerry will punish them!~

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397187 - 10/06/04 05:23 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Catch N Release are you trying to say that some how our air is dirtier? My god we need more fuel that dosen't want to burn and clogs our engs. And oh by the way we better put some scrubbers on Mt. St. Helens

Don
#397188 - 10/06/04 05:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
RMW 1 Offline

Den I'd try to forget Edwards myself and hopefully after Nov. I can.

Don
#397189 - 10/06/04 05:38 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
slacktide Offline

Barstool philosopher

Want to clean up the environment??
EAT STEAK!!!
Cow manure (methane) makes up 15-20% of the worlds Air pollutants.
#397190 - 10/06/04 05:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
DEN Offline

Loc: Newington
Here's another good one, go to the website Cheney mentioned \:D

factcheck.com
#397191 - 10/06/04 05:45 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

It's really Simple:Edwards

Cheney

Now who do you think the girls are going to vote for? \:D
Page 29 of 177 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics