ctfisherman.com logo
Page 66 of 177 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397552 - 10/11/04 05:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FishingFinancialAdvisor Offline

Nu2Salt,

Well said !!!! That was the best post in this whole thread. It is so plainly obvious regarding the current tax structure. Congrats !!!

FFA
Fishing Info
#397553 - 10/11/04 05:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Farmy Joe Offline

Here Here! ;\)
#397554 - 10/11/04 06:21 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#397555 - 10/11/04 06:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Quote:
Originally posted by stripermanofsteel:
invest..invest..I'm struggling to make ends meet, invest with my looks, i'm working my ass off working between 40-65 hours a week and am still struggling to MAKE ENDS MEET...you wonder why I'm disgruntled...wake up and smell reality....invest you say HAAAAA!!!!
You'll have less under Skerry. He will raise your taxes (did it 350 times in 20 years as a Senator). How else will he pay for his "plans"?

Militant Bluefish Jihadist

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397556 - 10/11/04 06:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Quote:
Originally posted by richard4878:
Being in the same age bracket I probably make pretty close to the same as you. I also work between 40 and 70 hours a week. Anything can be invested. i put away 10-20 dollars a week. ITs not much, but its something. I own a truck, a house and a boat and I make less than 35k a year. But I had to sacrifice. This is my reallity. It is tuff to make ends meet sometimes. I had to take a second weekend job as a waiter to afford my house. At that time i was working 90 to 100 hours per week. But I was investing my money into a house, so I did not care.
Rich, you are a smart man. You don't bitch and complain. You are making smart decisions, and making the small investments that some on this site scoff at. You will enjoy the rewards later in life, while the libs who bitched about social security reform are working in their twilight years. Nice going.

"Our leaders are stupid, they are stupid people," "It's just very, very sad" - Donald Trump 2011

"With all of the hysteria, all of the fear, all of the phony science, could it be that man-made global warming is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people? It sure sounds like it." - JAMES M. INHOFE

"Most meteorological research is funded by the federal government. And boy, if you want to get federal funding, you better not come out and say human-induced global warming is a hoax because you stand the chance of not getting funded." - WILLIAM GRAY

"The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span those hours spent in fishing" - Babylonian proverb
#397557 - 10/11/04 06:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
jonh Offline

FUBO

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2salt:
Simplistic and naive, typical Bush supporters. Starry eyed dreamers who can't face reality, and have spent their lives as part of the white male majority and whose own privelige is completely invisible to them. If I can do it, why can't everyone else. The world don't work like that, I wish it did!
That is by far, one of the most ASSININE statements I have read in this thread, thus far.

#397558 - 10/11/04 07:31 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
BP Offline

What one man can do, another can do

He sips his coffee, then looks again toward the woods where he hunted with his father and now hunts with his son.
�There�s something about this place,� he says.
And if they were here to speak, all the men who have shared this camp over the decades would answer,
�Yes, there is.�
#397559 - 10/11/04 08:02 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

'Cause it is a Fishing forum let me put my reply in a fishing format...

Republican Social Darwinism is the political philosophy of a Bluefish.

Bluefish thinks he is smart and can survive on his own. He doesn't need any help, like the lazy Mr. Bunker. God gave him big teeth for a reason - to tear his prey to pieces. But wait Mr. Bluefish. Rich and powerful Mr. Fisherman is coming for you! He is throwing the poor Mr. Bunker to you as chum. But when you swallow a hook hidden in one of the chunks, then you will scream 'HELP'. Too late. Mr. Fisherman is not going to eat you. You stink. He will skin you alive to use as bait for other fishes, or he will throw you in the garbage. He will eat your children, little Snappers, though. They are quite tasty. So enjoy your free meal of Bunker while you still can.
#397560 - 10/11/04 09:06 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
richard4878 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by nu2salt:
Here is an analogy of what I am suggesting!

There are 100 people in a restaurant.

One guy is ordering drinks, appetizers, soup, unlimited salad bar, prime rib and lobster with a big baked potatoe,(his name is Dan Quayle! :p \:D ), a bottle of wine with dinner, coffee, and desert.

Thirty three of us are having cheesburgers, fries, and a milk shake.

Sixty six other people are having a bologna sandwich on white bread, no cheese, no mayonaise, and a carton of milk, 2 days past it's expiration.

Cancel the first guys order, get 99 of us the burger and fries with a small can of soda, and he can still have a sirloin steak with a baked potato (no "e", Dan :p \:D ), a salad, and a glass of wine.

Again, just an oversimplified analogy, I wouldn't want anyone to take me seriously! ;\) \:\)
Didn't you just describe communism ;\) ?

17 foot sundance skiff with 50hp jhonson.
#397561 - 10/11/04 09:50 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

Quote:
their effective tax rate was a whopping 12.8%.
The Bush's paid 30.5%......who's working the sytem?

This goes to a deeper issue and that is the current tax structure that allows this sort of disparity.

I don't blame Bush or Kerry for any of that, they do what is allowed by law (so do I, by the way).

Mr. Kerry has made no stand on tax reform of any sort other than to raise taxes.

President Bush has. His statement is as follows;

* The Internal Revenue Code contains more than a million words.
* The number of pages in the Internal Revenue Code and regulations has more than doubled over the past twenty years. Today's "short" income tax form takes more than 11 hours to prepare - about the same as the "long form" did a decade ago.
* It takes 12 pages of instructions to calculate the Earned Income Tax credit - a basic element of income-support for the working poor.
* By 2010, more than one in five taxpayers will be forced to calculate their income taxes twice -once for the regular income tax and once for the Alternative Minimum Tax - and then pay the greater amount.

President Bush's Action to Promote Tax Reform

* President Bush announced that he is making tax reform a key priority.
* The President will begin this effort by creating, by Executive Order, a bipartisan panel to advise the Treasury Secretary on options to fundamentally reform the tax code to make it simpler, fairer, and pro-growth.
* The President's goals are to make the tax code simpler and to increase long-run economic growth and job creation. Taxes should be applied fairly, and reform should recognize the importance of homeownership and charity in our American society.

Background: The Bipartisan Advisory Panel on Tax Reform

* The President will create a Bipartisan Advisory Panel on Tax Reform:
o The President will appoint experts, economists, and economically knowledgeable and experienced people of both parties.
o The panel will be charged with holding public hearings and seeking input from Members of Congress.
* The Panel will consult and debate and will provide its advice and a report to the Secretary of the Treasury as early as possible in 2005. This advice will inform the Secretary in his efforts to make recommendations to the President.
* The Panel will be asked to answer certain questions.
o Principle: The tax code should be simpler.
+ How can tax reform reduce the administrative burden on taxpayers?
+ Should tax reform modify the current system or replace the system with a new one?
+ How should the transition from the old to the new system be handled?
o Principle: The tax code should be fairer.
+ What tax loopholes need to be closed to eliminate tax evasion and ensure that everyone pays his or her fair share?
+ How can we ensure that the benefits of tax reform are spread widely among Americans?
+ What is the best way to make the tax system progressive, an attribute that is fundamental to fairness in taxation?
+ To what extent should the tax system be used to achieve goals other than raising revenue?
+ How should the tax system deal with different family structures?
o Principle: The tax code should promote economic growth and job creation.
+ How can the tax system increase economic growth and job creation?
+ How can the tax system better encourage work effort, saving, and investment?
+ How can we make American workers and firms more competitive?
* The Panel will be asked to present revenue-neutral reform options to the Secretary of the Treasury, at least one of which should be a reform of the current individual income tax system.

Frankly I think it will be a cold day in Hell before any government functionary is able to simplify the tax code, but at least Bush is talking about it.

If you google "senator Kerry on tax reform" you will see that there is no plan for reform.....none at all, just the same old, same old.
Page 66 of 177 < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics