ctfisherman.com logo
Page 42 of 177 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397312 - 10/07/04 09:01 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by K.C.:

Nu2Salt: Is verbosity a synonym?

HUH?!? Another incomplete sentence! Is verbosity a synonym for WHAT?

A synonym is a word that is similar in meaning and usage to another word, therefore, your question is incomplete!

;\) \:D
Fishing Info
#397313 - 10/07/04 09:07 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

JFM Posted:

This argument that we are giving up freedom and that there is no real threat of terrorism is down right Stupid. Simply idiotic and dangerous.

We ARE giving up freedoms, ( The Patriot Act threatens our Constitutional rights; and Bush and the Republicans want to amend the Constitution for the first time in U.S. history in such a way that will discriminate against a minority, and take away rights, instead of expanding them)

But the threat of terrorism IS real! It just wasn't real, or at least not imminent, where Iraq was concerned.
#397314 - 10/07/04 09:09 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Catch N Release:
John,
It's a slow erosion of freedoms I believe they are talking about. Just because it doesn't hit you like a sledgehammer, doesn't mean it's not happening.
A large part of the Patriot Act was ruled as unconstitutional.
As a conservative you should be worried as to how mother government is looking into you. That's liberal thinking.
Well said, sir!

Regards,

Jim
#397315 - 10/07/04 09:14 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quick question...................who do I vote for?
#397316 - 10/07/04 09:15 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jon h.:
Fear of offending anyone, and a refusal to profile people is ruining our freedoms.
A gross overstatement! It's not about "offending anyone"! It's about balancing security with ones rights and the freedoms our forefathers have died to secure. It's not easy, there is a very fine line and a very delicate balance. Some of those Arab looking people may be natural born citizens and loyal Americans, and are entitled to the same rights and freedoms as everyone else. Their rights have to be respected and protected too, while balancing our interest in national security. It is not at all a simple issue. I really don't have an answer, aside from what I said about repatriating foreign nationals. But I certainly don't subscribe to your fascist hate speech, even though I defend your right to speak it!

Respectfully,

Jim
#397317 - 10/07/04 09:22 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by K.C.:

It appears to me, at least, that you may be a bit racist,

And, again...You were out of line. It's up to you how you manage your demeanor in your now country of choice.
K.C.,

Maybe I missed something, but I don't see where Val made any racist comments or was in anyway out of line.

Baitrunner on the other hand was very insulting and disrespectful.

Just my 2 cents! Hang in there, Val, you've contributed a great deal of valuable input to this debate. Don't let 'em wear you down, we need you!
#397318 - 10/07/04 09:32 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Val,

Not to jump into the bash Val mode but.............most Columbians and Latinos are the same thing.

It is not they who are killing our people. It's big money in America. Take a long hard look at who big money in America is.
#397319 - 10/07/04 09:33 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by arlow:
The PC mentality is ruining this country! There was a day when you could speak your mind and tell the truth without worrying about some poor liberals feelings!
Well, that really depends on what you consider "speak(ing) your mind and tell(ing) the truth". Maybe you'd like to go back to the good old days when African Americans drank from seperate fountains, rode on the back of the bus, and went to seperate schools? Many people thought that was the "truth", and felt they should be allowed to "speak their minds" , even if that meant burning churches and kidnapping, beating, and hanging their fellow citizens. Racism is not truth, just ignorance. Of course you are always allowed to "speak your mind" but you do so at your own peril. And we tend to get along alot better when we are civil and respectful to each other, don't you agree?

Quote:
Originally posted by arlow:

As for Racial Profiling, while it may not be ideal it sure would be a whole lot more effective!!! Take all the illegals and throw them out first! Close the borders and then scrutinize those we have the most reason to fear.

Racial profiling is certainly not ideal, nor is it usually effective. As for deporting illegals, and as I said above, even those on visas and such, I have to reluctantly agree. As I said, our safety and security is more important than extending this privilege to the citizens of countries known to be hostile towards us. Those who would suffer for this have no one to blame but the extremists and criminal from their own lands.

The rest of your post, while it may be accurate, is irrelevant, because one could compile a similar list of specific events that would result in the answer being any racial or ethnic group that one chose to denounce as criminals and terrorists. Nice try, non starter!
#397320 - 10/07/04 09:36 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

There, now I'm all caught up! \:\) :p

What were we talking about? \:D
#397321 - 10/07/04 09:51 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought you'ld at least break 500 before you were done. \:D
Page 42 of 177 < 1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics