ctfisherman.com logo
Page 14 of 177 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397032 - 10/03/04 12:07 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
 Quote:
Why would you take the word of a book when you can take the word of a man who served next to him?Who funded that book anyway?
Huh?? So you spoke to this guy personally? Don't you know that the guys who wrote "Unfit for Command" were with Kerry in Vietnam.

Does it bother you that Kerry met with the North Koreans privately??

Does it bother you that Kerry admitted to being a war criminal? Huh? He said HE committed war crimes, then accused the rest of the soldiers of doing the same.

Fishing Info
#397033 - 10/03/04 12:21 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
kynan Offline

John,

If you want to take it all the way back to Nam'...

why not say a few things about W's character....the boozin', the coke, the philandering...and then he gets reborn...and the slate is wiped clean? If so, give me one of those Big W reborn erasers and I'll run for pres!

The man is the same. He's just wearing a different suit.

The bottom line, I agree, Kerry is a poor choice for president. The problem is, W. is a much worse choice.
#397034 - 10/03/04 12:41 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Oh, crikey! More Swift Boat trash. Way to go!

Still, ya just gotta love the way George "the Whore" Soros's millions of dollars funding of MoveOn.org got drowned out by a couple of hundred thousands of dollars in Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ads! Something highly ironic in that!

If Kerry was really such the "Braveheart" in the 'Nam, as he claims to be, he never would have scurried home after just 4 months of his TOD, his "3" "wounds" being neither debilitating nor life-threatening. He would have, and could have, stayed with his "boys"; he chose not to. This guy was (is) such a manipulator; a disingenuos medal hunter, cooly calculating his political future! What a friggin' load! This, in my LTHO, is why sKerry has virtually no character. Once again, I reference, http://www.taemag.com/issues/articleid.18218/article_detail.asp

Yeah, yeah, Bush isn't any better; I know, we've been here; done that NG garbage; it's all old hat, now. (Thanks CBS, for nothing, ruining a good lie with false documents! And all this time I thought the Repugnicants were the master of the dirty trick!)

Bush family in bed with the Saudis? Gimme a friggin' break! (We're ALL in bed, (i.e. beholden), with the friggin' Saudis! We LIVE AND SURVIVE from Saudi oil, whether you like it or not, and this shall continue to be the case until we are energy self-sufficient! (All the suspect links to "Neocom" bloggers, aside!)

Michael Moore is your reference point? That's like listening, and believing, Hanoi Jane Fonda! Pull-ezze! Michael Moore isn't worthy of pickin' the dingle-berries from my achin' butt! I have two words for this walkin'/talkin' piece of human flotsam: Diet and razor!

For what it's worth, Newsweek claims the Bush lead in the polls has evaporated, nationally; but I'm still waiting for the poll results for the swing states, where this election will be decided.

Again, it's ironic, but the blue-collar Vets/Working Stiffs in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, et al, will be deciding this election; not you and I! (The People's Republic of Connecticut will go Kerry.) :rolleyes:

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397035 - 10/03/04 12:55 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

Baitrunner said
 Quote:
Bush family in bed with the Saudis?
Maybe not the whole family, but Neil Bush is definatly in bed with Thai hookers. \:D
#397036 - 10/03/04 01:11 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

JFM,did you meet with the authers of the book personally?How do you know they are telling the truth?Does it bother you your president has misled the people of this country about going to war?Doesnt it bother you your presidents family used position and status to get a NG position for their son when the average joe couldnt get it?Doesnt it bother you that they're mortgaging the next generations future with a record national debt?This guy and his cronies and all politicians from all parties in it for personal gain have to go.
#397037 - 10/03/04 01:53 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
After much deliberation (read: home sick with the flu), i have decided to vote for Cheddar, an Enfield native.

I blame it on the NyQuil, and Beechwood Aging.

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#397038 - 10/03/04 02:00 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
fishbag61 Offline

I have nipples Jim, could ya milk me? :p

religious freedom is the right of each individual to attend the church of his choice, or go fishing
#397039 - 10/03/04 02:05 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
God thats a funny movie !
Evening fishbag.

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#397040 - 10/03/04 02:18 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by FLAG-UP:
JFM,did you meet with the authers of the book personally?How do you know they are telling the truth?Does it bother you your president has misled the people of this country about going to war?Doesnt it bother you your presidents family used position and status to get a NG position for their son when the average joe couldnt get it?Doesnt it bother you that they're mortgaging the next generations future with a record national debt?This guy and his cronies and all politicians from all parties in it for personal gain have to go.
Flag-UP, (Boy, if there ever was a time NOT to use the acronymn "FU", this sure as heck is it!)

JFM can answer for himself, but I'll merely add that in politics, truth does seem to be so relative; surely we are all kin to Diogenes, in this quest for "truth". (One mans truth being another mans lies.)

I'll concur with you on one matter, however. I loathe this deficit spending; the squandering of the purported surplus. Bush seeked both guns AND butter; his Prescription Drug Plan being a fine example of political pork; expensive, very complicated, and virtually worthless. (Yeh, I can see 75 year old grandma's tryin' to figure this government jibberish out.)

Bush's tax cuts were of little aid to me; I'm still buried with state and local levies! The chances of it being any better under a Kerry administration are'nt very realistic.

The presidential elction aside, odds are the Republicans will still control the House, in the least; the Senate is too close to call. Ergo some divided government will remain. Therefore, Kerry's agenda domesticly, would still have challenges and oversight. He won't have carte blanche.

We can bemoan Mr. Bush's NG experience 'till we're blue in the face; bottom-line: "wealth has it's privlieges". Always has, always will, regardless of one's political affiliations. Al Gore "served" as an Army reporter. His dad got him that gig. The more things change; the more they remain the same. I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for this system to evolve!

Kerry "served", but just barely. My Auntie Edna could've gotten a Silver Star in the 'Nam; the military system was(is?) as rife with corrupt ticket punchers as any other government entity; read any Col. Hackworth for validiation of this point.

I'm not happy with Mr. Bush's Iraqi adventure; the wanton expenditure of 9/11 political capital on this wasteland was a grevious long-term mistake. (Better to have saved it for Iran. Religious Islamic Zealots with atomic weapons; Odin help us!) Eventually, we're going to have to take these Mullah-heads on.

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#397041 - 10/03/04 12:42 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
spin Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by John from Madison CT:
[ Please read, "Unfit for Command". NOT ONE FACT has been disproven in this book.

John [/QB]
There were no facts in that book.
Page 14 of 177 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics