ctfisherman.com logo
Page 15 of 177 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#397042 - 10/03/04 01:48 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
steve76 Offline

Loc: Higganum
I don't know why you guys are wondering who is telling the truth or not telling the truth.

They are BOTH liars pandering for votes, telling you what you what you want to hear. How anyone can think one is better than the other is sadly mistaken.

The most important thing in either party is staying in power or winning power. The American people are further down the list of priorities.

I don't know what the answer is, but having only two liars as the only choices sure doesn't seem like the answer to me...We should have more liars to chose from......Steve

I fish, therefore I smell

Quit crying. Do something. Join the RFA www.joinrfa.org

Author: www.micahackerman.com
Fishing Info
#397043 - 10/03/04 02:10 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Pete128 Offline

I used to use sandworms on a hook to catch stripers untill I discovered TMan Tubes which work alot better, so now I mainly use the tubes, does that make me a poor fisherman because I "flip flop" my techinques?
I vote for the enviroment. Bush is destroying it.
http://www.nrdc.org/bushrecord/
#397044 - 10/03/04 02:28 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Let me tell you a little bedtime story.

There is a lady by the name Mrs. Republican Party. She lives in a dysfunctional marriage with her abusive husband - Dubya. Dubya is a recovered alcoholic, but his brain is cooked. He has his moments of clarity, but mostly he is in a daze. He actually believes that he was chosen by God to lead his family. Like any battered wife Mrs. Republican Party understands that the marriage is a huge mistake. But she stays married to Dubya even though some real nice men in her Neighborhood (read USA) are available. Why?

Because even though Dubya didn't work a day in his life, somehow he always brings home the bacon (tax cuts). His Daddy is rich and has a lot of connections.

Because Dubya is a bully. He always swaggers around the neighborhood with a baseball bat, and people are afraid of him. Mrs. Dubya is one of these people.

Because Dubya is a handsome bugger, especially when he puts on his "flight suit" (which he bought at a garage sale).

Because she is scared to death of the gang of 'terrorists' in the neighborhood. Dubya swears that he will catch them 'dead or alive' and this is all she wants to hear. Deep in her hart she knows that he is a woos. He was AWOL when the Neighborhood was at war last time around. But he is a 'resolute' woos.

Because once or twice she tried to argue with Dubya, who is spending the family money like a drunken sailor. He beat her up. So now she borrows money from her neighbors to cover his debts. She calls it family 'deficit'.

Because like Dubya she believes in God. And according to God a good wife should stay at home and take care of the kids (read Republican voters). She should always turn the other cheek to her husband, ...according to God. She should not question her husband even if he is dragging the whole family to Hell.

Because the Republican kids ( read our dear Right Winger friends on the forum ) need a Father. They are so unruly - exactly like Dubya. Some people call them the NASCAR KIDS. They are a very ANGRY and NATIONALISTIC bunch. They believe it is not their idiot ex-drunk father who abused them. It is the ENEMY. The 'terrorists'. They think the neighbors (read other countries) are scum, especially those who are not afraid of their daddy.

So when Dubya tells the Kids to go beat up a neighbor named Saddam, they are happy to oblige. No matter that Dubya lied to them that Saddam hid a big 'NUCULAR' gun under his bed. The NASCAR kids like to kick A$$, especially if the other guy is 10" and 100 Lb smaller than they are. Now that some of the Saddam kids proved to be wily fighters, the NASCAR kids want to conscript the whole Neighborhood to fight their war with Saddam. So that NASCAR kids can join the Neighborhood Guard where they can hide from the war. Let somebody else's kids die for the Neighborhood.

So you see - Dubya, Mrs. Republican Party and their NASCAR Kids, like all dysfunctional families, will never admit their mistakes.

So the people of the Neighborhood called the USA should just vote them out. Or else, the whole Neighborhood is going down the tubes.
#397045 - 10/03/04 05:58 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Trooper_Bri Offline

Loc: Smellington
NASCAR kids, eh ?
That just smacks of "some people" scraping the bottom of the barrel for material and/or attention. I dont see how something like that even gets fit into political discussion.
I only pray that those folks are not living on honest taxpayers money...

Slow fishing is better than no fishing.
#397046 - 10/03/04 09:30 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
John from Madison CT Online   content

OffshoreFishingGear.com

Loc: Old Saybrook (formerly Madison...
Val:

1. Kerry looked at EXACTLY the same intelligence reports as Bush. Nothing different. What conclusion did he make?

2. Bush admitted to having a drinking problem and stopped drinking on his own.
Is it your contention that someone who beat an addiction is morally corrupt or forever a "bad seed"? Please explain your position. I would love to hear it.

If you're gonna respond with an immature "story" or sorts, don't bother.

#397047 - 10/03/04 10:24 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

John,

1. Bush had manufactured the intelligence which he gave to the American people and to Kerry.
Read todays article in the Times.

How the White House Embraced Disputed Arms Intelligence

It's a very long detailed aricle. I hope you read it before you angrily denounce the Times as a LIBERAL paper.

2. On the drinking subject read this.

"Dry Drunk" Syndrome and George W. Bush.

I am not an expert on alcoholizm but according to the author of the article (see below) our president is a typical 'Dry Drunk'.

Katherine van Wormer is a Professor of Social Work at the University of Northern Iowa Co-author of Addiction Treatment: A Strengths Perspective
#397048 - 10/04/04 03:38 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

At least Bush fishes. As he has his own bass pond stocked with some nice bass. I saw the show with Roland Martin and thought Bush showed he could fish some. Something I bet Kerry never does. One more thing I put very little confidence in Conservation committees.
#397049 - 10/04/04 03:45 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Bill Uconn Offline

Why is he a "dry drunk". I worked in the field over 5 years dealing with drug and alcohol abuse in teens and with young adults. I have to disagree with her findings as I think they are no more than biased opinion of someone on the left that has no dealings with him during the day in day out duties as President.
#397050 - 10/04/04 09:37 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Perfect timing - Bush's lead is GONE! And, it's not coming back!

I can't wait till the next debate.

All the undecided voters will really begin to open their eyes and make up their minds.

President Kerry - Finally a statesman the whole world will look up to. Now America can once again return to be the leader of the free world.
#397051 - 10/04/04 09:58 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

will he also change his mind again about drilling for u.s. oil. he claims to want to "free" us from dependency on saudi oil. hmmmm? it seems to me that he would also allow others in the world dictate u.s. policy because it is terribly important to him to be "popular". i'm not happy with bush, but kerry makes me want to vomit..
Page 15 of 177 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics