ctfisherman.com logo
Page 133 of 177 < 1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 176 177 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#398222 - 10/28/04 09:32 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am new here and blah, blah, blah, blah......
Fishing Info
#398223 - 10/28/04 09:52 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

Laid off in November 2001?

That is Bush's fault how?

I actually agree with you on the finance angle, although I think the congress bears more resposibility fr that than the President.

Quote:
I don't have to explain how important this is, lets just say goodbye to checks and balances
Yes you do, please explain why this is bad?

the rest of your post is nonsense.
#398224 - 10/28/04 10:24 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
MarkO Offline

You know what Ice, your right. Got caught up. Go Kerry!

Have a nice day!

Don't doubt in the dark what you learned in the light.
#398225 - 10/28/04 10:47 PM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
IceBusteR Offline

When you brain begins to atrophy, it's easier to get "caught up" ;\)
#398226 - 10/29/04 12:16 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
FLAG-UP Offline

Affraid of someone whos willing to find a solution to one of if not the biggest issue driving terrorism in the middle east?Are you scared of peacfull coexistence?MarkO,you hit it on the mark about the deficits.I believe it is the presidents responsibility afterall he holds the veto pen.If congress wants the spending bill that badly let them overide his veto.
#398227 - 10/29/04 01:28 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Hi, My name is Horatio, and I'm new here. I've the intelligence of a suckling puppy, very wet behind the ears, and absolutely no common sense; thusly, I'll be voting for Senator Kerry! :p

I figured I'd best get my two bits in here before "the Marx Brothers" start cutting and pasting their latest "das Kapital" excerpts, making this thread look like the Encyclopedia Britannica! ;\)

Flaggy, boobie, ya' know I love ya', but "peaceful co-exsistance"? With whom? "People", (and I use that term VERY looosely!) who crash planes into buildings? Strap explosives around their belly's and blow up innocents? Chop the heads off of bound hostages? Good Friggin' luck! \:o

I must say, in all honesty, that your signature statement is rather irksome, yet tellingly amusing. I might counter that anyone who would blindly cast their vote based upon the insanely delusional rantings of Michael Moore, probably should be in an asylum receiving heavy doses of Thorazine to bring them back to reality! Let alone, being allowed to vote! \:o

(Hey, Thorazine worked for Kra-Cee, and me. It can work for others, as well! I see nowhere near as many pink elephants and spiders as I use to!) ;\)

(Christopher Hitchens, one of the best, most articulate, political observers of our times, scathingly rebukes F-9/11, step-by step, in his review. And he's no partisan; he's supporting Kerry, but NOT based on F-9/11!)
http://slate.msn.com/id/2102723/

If anyone actually believes F-9/11 is an accurate depiction of Bush's foreign policy record, then they must also believe that Vic Morrow and "Combat", was an accurate depiction of fighting in WWII!

If Mr. Bush actually wins this election, it would be an absolute miracle, based not upon a less than stellar record as SCOTUS, but rather as a repudiation of Mr. Keery's record as a Senator. It's still up in the air, and, if nothing else, election night will be an interesting nail-biter.

PS, Mr. Mitchie-poo , I think I'd of rather preferred being poked in the eye with a hot stick, than have seen you re-open this thread! (Geez, I can't believe I ACTUALLY SAID THAT!) But, alas, like a moth to a flame; it's like a car wreck; you know you should'nt look, but you just can't seem to help yourself.

Dang you, dang your hide to the torments of this CTF hell! (Lucky for you, you have a lovely, new better 90% bride, to pray for your immortal soul!) Much more fun to torment Zach with regaling's of "Muskie's on the Bank!" \:D

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398228 - 10/29/04 02:03 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Y'all!

Mi naim is klem im nu hear an im a-votin fer bush, cuz he blos stuf up he ain abowt ta let dem dang towl heds git awa wit tri in ta skair us fin ameracanz i thinck all a dem camul f-erz er nuthn but tereris an it don maddr a wit wer we strt dis waur cuz dey wur awl in on it inewhay so we shud jes kil em awl en lit ala sord em out n en go ta th necks kuntry n do th sam thin an thin th necks an the necks an th necks entil we kil awl th towl heds an camul f-erz n th hol wurld cuz thay iz awl hour enmyz an thay awl wans ta kil awl us fin amercans cuz thay hat us an don belev n god ur nuthin

i ken unerstan bush mor beter n carey cuz he uzes nise smal werdz an shawrt sentns, an he wans ta smok 'em tarerists out so thay kent hert us no mor i hav a big flag on mi truk cuz im a tru paytriat klem
#398229 - 10/29/04 02:47 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Like I said, a car accident! ;\)

Ah, the last vestige of "Politically Correct" satire allowed in the People's Republic of America; making fun a' po', white NASCAR "trash"!

Although, personally, I think it accurately sums up the more politically astute AFSCME members! ;\)

Well, gotsta go. I've tabaccer ta' chaw, a pick-up truck to detail, guns to clean, a wife to beat, jack boots to polish, and a goose-step to practice for the Republican victory parade!

"I think, that all right-thinking people, are sick and tired of being told that they are sick and tired of being sick and tired. I, for one, am not. And I'm sick and tired of being told that I am!"
#398230 - 10/29/04 03:14 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
CTFisher23 Offline

Baitrunner nice link: In his most recent atricle Hitchens supports Bush, just by a hair though. web page
So you went for Bush, I went for Kerry, thats 2 less for Badnarik \:D
I just want it over at this point, the final push is eating away on the digital storage on my answering machine. I'm getting 10 political messages a day( 3and 5 minute long, and forget about my mail box. I read that this election year alone, 5 billion was spent on political advertaising. This election cycle has me crying "no mas, no mas".
#398231 - 10/29/04 03:21 AM Re: Political Discussion: One Thread Only!
Baitrunner Offline

Kev, As usual, nice link. I'm stunned! (I'll search for my link where Hitchens supports Kerry.)

Found it! http://slate.msn.com/id/2108714/
It's in the list, but I'll paste it, too.

Christopher Hitchens, Contributor: Kerry

"I am assuming for now that this is a single-issue election. There is one's subjective vote, one's objective vote, and one's ironic vote. Subjectively, Bush (and Blair) deserve to be re-elected because they called the enemy by its right name and were determined to confront it. Objectively, Bush deserves to be sacked for his flabbergasting failure to prepare for such an essential confrontation. Subjectively, Kerry should be put in the pillory for his inability to hold up on principle under any kind of pressure. Objectively, his election would compel mainstream and liberal Democrats to get real about Iraq.

The ironic votes are the endorsements for Kerry that appear in Buchanan's anti-war sheet The American Conservative, and the support for Kerry's pro-war candidacy manifested by those simple folks at MoveOn.org. I can't compete with this sort of thing, but I do think that Bush deserves praise for his implacability, and that Kerry should get his worst private nightmare and have to report for duty."

Hmmm...wonder why the contradiction? (Although, upon re-reading Chris's statement, perhaps, SLATE, in their zeal, assumed Hitchens to be supporting Kerry rather than Bush. Perhaps a mis-print?) In any event, I find Hitchens to be a brilliantly straight shooter.

(Oh....my ....gosh!!! I said "straight"! Does that make me a "homophobe"?)

Crikey, one more politcial ad, and I'll be figurin' out how to tie a noose! I'm SO burnt out!
I, too, am getting more than 5 calls a day, to remind me to vote.

It can be fun, though. Get a live one, and you tell 'em you're voting in the opposite direction! Drives 'em crazy! Hey, who said politics could'nt be more fun than a barrel o' monkeys!

Page 133 of 177 < 1 2 ... 131 132 133 134 135 ... 176 177 >

Moderator:  Editors, Jimbo, STRIPMINER 

Active Topics